Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed >
  • March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed

• March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed

Old 03-21-2011, 02:19 PM

SONIBOO: So I laid out supper so hubby and grandkids would be busy and snuck down to the mail box. I got it!!! I got my present(s)from soniboo (Sonja) . The gandbabies scooted over to me and were asking if they could have the bubble wrap. Then they saw Star Burst and Hershey bar. Grammie kindly exlained that the gifts were for her. I loved everything. I took an extra picture of the angel because it is so precious. The fabrics are great. The charm pack is amazing. It has breast cancer awareness material in which is ironic because I sent my secretpal the better Home & Grden Cancer awareness Quilt book. (Shhh don't tell her)Soniboo I cannot thank you enough. I was VERY HAPPY.

Surprises From Soniboo
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]173032[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-173026.jpe   attachment-173037.jpe  
    Old 03-21-2011, 02:21 PM

I got my Secret Pal package today from Crystal in Michigan. I love all of the goodies she sent me. When I'm not quilting, I love to cross stitch and she sent several cross stitch kits. I got 4 quilt patterns, very pretty black and white fabric and a cute card. My dog Roxie girl even got a surprise as well. Crystal sent her some treats. Roxie was so excited when I opened the package :)

THANK YOU CRYSTAL!

All my great goodies!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]173034[/ATTACH]

Here is Roxie girl
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]173035[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-173028.jpe   attachment-173029.jpe  
    Old 03-21-2011, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tcharlie
    Ohhhhhhhhh, I heard my Sadie barking and the postwoman was at the door. She had me a wonderful package. I tore the tape off and look what my SP sent me.

Thank you my wonderful swapper, Pat "LetsQuilt". I am humbled by all the wonderful stuff and how did you know that the Hershey chocolate bars would need to have the almonds??? They are safe with me, my HB doesn't like nuts.

I love purple and blue and you gave me everything wonderful. Thank you again.....for my gifts from the magazine.

Go Vols............and Roll Tide. I saw several crochet things I must start for Christmas gifts.
    Awesome firmie, Karen, love that mug rug, I like crochet too :wink: :wink: looks like a great magazine. Be sure to show us what you make from it.
    Old 03-21-2011, 02:42 PM

I was right about the mailman..he beat up the secret pal package. LOL...I heard something hit the front door. So, I checked it out and low and behold a package from my secret pal, Judy (grandme26) was on the porch.
    Judy chose some gorgeous purple fat quarters with a gentle metalic sheen. A package of safety pins..(which I am always searching for and never have), the cutest mini sewing kit, which went right into my purse. She also sent plastic storage box, they are so handy to keep the little pieces together in a project. There is also lots of peppermint patties. I was good, I didn't eat them yet. DH was eyeing them up as he watched me open the package.
    Judy also went over and beyond . She sent 5 plus yards of fabric for chemo caps. AS many of you know, I have stage 4 breast cancer. When I was diagnosed a year ago, I noticed that there were so many people that didn't have head coverings. I started making chemo caps for our local center. So far I have made 200 and have 50 cut out and ready to sew. Each time I go to the center I see someone there with a cap that I made. I remain anonomous and feel such great joy that I can do something to help.
    Thank you so much Judy for your thoughtfulness. You are one of God's angels.
    Peace and blessings
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-172959.jpe  
    Old 03-21-2011, 02:43 PM

SuzanneTX :Just wanted to send out a shout out publically to you to say thank-you with a big HUG!! Because of you some of us who have an overcast in our lives are able to receive some sunshine. Thank-You for all your hard work!!! Can I Hear an AMEN?!!!!
    Old 03-21-2011, 02:56 PM

AMEN :thumbup:
    Old 03-21-2011, 03:01 PM

I just checked the confirmation number from the package I sent out. I hope the pal I have is ok. She should have gotten it on Saturday.
    Old 03-21-2011, 03:01 PM

amen!
    Old 03-21-2011, 03:05 PM

AMEN Suzanne, thank you for all your hard work as hostess.
    Old 03-21-2011, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Boop56
    SuzanneTX :Just wanted to send out a shout out publically to you to say thank-you with a big HUG!! Because of you some of us who have an overcast in our lives are able to receive some sunshine. Thank-You for all your hard work!!! Can I Hear an AMEN?!!!!
    Amen :thumbup: