Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed >
  • March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed

• March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed

Old 03-23-2011, 02:10 PM

Shrewsbury is also in Pennsylvania....oh my which one could it be.......

Originally Posted by cannyquilter
    Originally Posted by Aurora
    *UPDATE* -- My package was in a sort facility somewhere by the name of Shrewsbury this a.m. at 3:50. Someone should be getting off that bench soon! Sure hope they aren't disappointed. Don't you just love the anticipation.
    It might be me, Shrewsbury is in England and so am I although I live in the North East and Shrewsbury is further south but it might have to go there first. Can't wait, would join you all on the bench but think its a bit far. we have a lovely warm spring day here so think I will take my breakfast into the back garden and enjoy the sunshine (and listen out for the postie!)
    Old 03-23-2011, 02:12 PM

everything looks great, I really like the butterflys

Originally Posted by dream56
    Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
    My Pal's package is on it's way. Headed for the Keystone State.
    Hopefully it will arrive by the weekend.
    It was me and it is here. Love all my goodies. Robin did a fabulous job with my package. I got 10 embroidered butterfly squares and matching fabric to complete the project. No excuses to not getting it done. Also I got 5 FQ's of Springy fabric, a Bed Runner book, a water bottle cooler/carrier, small ceramic bunny, and pkg of east bunny chocolates. And all wrapped in batting to top things off.

Thansk you so much everything is awesome.
    Old 03-23-2011, 02:16 PM

Well David, Aurora is a wonderful swapper, I know from 1st hand experience. Just remember to sign up for April so you can have another great experinece next month.

Originally Posted by davidwent
    I knew I was in for a crappy day today, and it lived up tp my expectations and more having been poked and prodded by more people and in more places than I want to remember. I just wanted to come home and go to bed.
    As I slumped up the front walked a saw a large white box at my door, my pace quickened and the rigors of the day washed away as I saw it was my Squishy from my swap pal Aurora!!! I grabbed it best I could and struggled wit my walker to get inside, I know some of you like to wait and relish te moment...not me!!! LOL I ripped into it. I'm afraid my pics won't do what I received justice..I got:
    hemostats
    my favorite Lindt chocolate
    the coolest knit pin cushion I have ever seen, fully loaded with flower head pins!!
    7 YES SEVEN!! fat quarters of the nicest fabric I touched in awhile.
    A plastic storage box that will come in handier than you realize, if I took a larger pic of my table you'd see what I mean LOL
    and a lovely and written note
    Thank you soooooo much Aurora you made my week...heck you made my month!!!
    David
    Old 03-23-2011, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by pattis47
    Shrewsbury is also in Pennsylvania....oh my which one could it be.......

Originally Posted by cannyquilter
    Originally Posted by Aurora
    *UPDATE* -- My package was in a sort facility somewhere by the name of Shrewsbury this a.m. at 3:50. Someone should be getting off that bench soon! Sure hope they aren't disappointed. Don't you just love the anticipation.
    It might be me, Shrewsbury is in England and so am I although I live in the North East and Shrewsbury is further south but it might have to go there first. Can't wait, would join you all on the bench but think its a bit far. we have a lovely warm spring day here so think I will take my breakfast into the back garden and enjoy the sunshine (and listen out for the postie!)
    Sorry for the confusion, it was Shrewsbury, MA. But, if I had put that in the message, it would have been too much information. I still wanted it to be a surprise.
    Old 03-23-2011, 02:45 PM
    Power Poster

What a pretty pin cushion David got. And everybody's getting some really nice fabric too. It just amazes me at how many dfferent kinds of fabric there must be in this ole world of ours. My husband says it's all in my sewing area. Funny man huh? I have 5 bins of fabric. I seen some one here that has more than my local wal mart. lol. Mary
    Old 03-23-2011, 03:32 PM

every one is getting such nice packages!!!
    im stiil on the bench. so excited cant wait to see what i get!
    Old 03-23-2011, 04:06 PM

I received a lovely surprise today all the way from Australia ! Thank you, pennyj123, for all your gifts...3 fat quarters, a quilt label, squigly (?) scissors, a scrapbooking book and kit, a copy of her local newspaper, a koala purse with a gift inside and......CHOCOLATE ! My favorite gift has to be the little chick that you tucked inside the purse. I just took it out and I jumped when the lights inside the chick started blinking all different colors. Can't wait to show my grandchildren tomorrow ! They'll love it !
    I'm looking forward to reading the paper later tonight. I think that was such a great idea to include in your package. Thank you again for everything ! Pat
    Old 03-23-2011, 05:05 PM

Canada Post finally got smarter! I just checked the tracking on my package and it is in the US now. It was going to a state towards the east and they actually sent it to Mississauga before shipping to the US. My other packages all travelled to the west coast of Canada before heading to eastern US. Hopefully my secret pal will get it very soon. Hint: The place she lives in has a lot in common with a Canadian province! That should be enough of a clue for her to know for sure!!!!!!!!
    Old 03-23-2011, 05:22 PM

Boy oh boy......... this bench is hard..........going inside to get a pillow............anyone else need one or even something to nibble on.............
    Old 03-23-2011, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by wanderingcreek
    Canada Post finally got smarter! I just checked the tracking on my package and it is in the US now. It was going to a state towards the east and they actually sent it to Mississauga before shipping to the US. My other packages all travelled to the west coast of Canada before heading to eastern US. Hopefully my secret pal will get it very soon. Hint: The place she lives in has a lot in common with a Canadian province! That should be enough of a clue for her to know for sure!!!!!!!!
    I had the same issue with one of my swaps that I had to send to the US. Canada Post sent it to Mississauga also when it would of been quicker to send it down through Montana. Go figure.