Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed >
  • March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed

• March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed

Old 03-11-2011, 07:14 AM

I wonder if some people just don't have digital cameras. In that case, they couldn't post pictures if they wanted to.

This is my favorite swap of all 3 I am in. The correspondence is so much fun to follow and I do agree that pictures are a huge part of the fun. Maybe we should all just take a picture of what we send before we send it and then, if someone doesn't post, we can after a proper waiting time. I haven't done that but will in the future. My secret pal's autobiography was so positive and so bright and cheery, I can't imagine her not saying something or sending a picture if she can.

I didn't realize the importance of a picture for my first few swaps either so maybe these notes will stir someone to do so.

Yeah, we don't NEED thanks, but it sure is lovely to receive and as Roseysue said, we do shop JUST FOR THAT PERSON to make it extra special.
    Old 03-11-2011, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Suzi
    I just found this --------- are there going to be more swaps? I certainly hope so ....................
    Hi Suzi and welcome to this wonderful swap. There is a new swap every month and you are in time for April's. It is so much fun; you are going to LOVE it. These are wonderful women!!
    Old 03-11-2011, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by musicaljan
    **sees bench is getting full, pulls a chair up alongside, shares homade caramel popcorn** :D
    How come no one is sharing bananas or carrots? Why do we always share candy? DUH.....we are women!!
    Old 03-11-2011, 07:36 AM

My pkg was sent today & should reach a West coast state about Tues.Of course there's more than one state on the coast.Just hope he/she will be pleased with what I sent.
    Old 03-11-2011, 08:16 AM

I'll be sitting on the bench with you gals in spirit. Much too busy today making DH's request for biscotti and going to exercise class and sewing, all while anticipating the arrival of my package. The one I sent out was received yesterday, so I can breathe easily. I always worry about it being lost in space!!! This is a wonderful swap. The participants on this board are great. And, Suzanne - I am so grateful to you and your angels for all your caring and hard work to make this nice for everyone despite those who take advantage. You go above and beyond!!! Thanks.
    Old 03-11-2011, 08:23 AM

Mine went out today :thumbup: This was my first secret swap and it sure was fun!

I hope "my secret pal" enjoys it as much as I did putting it together
    Old 03-11-2011, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Nolee
    I wonder if some people just don't have digital cameras. In that case, they couldn't post pictures if they wanted to.

This is my favorite swap of all 3 I am in. The correspondence is so much fun to follow and I do agree that pictures are a huge part of the fun. Maybe we should all just take a picture of what we send before we send it and then, if someone doesn't post, we can after a proper waiting time. I haven't done that but will in the future. My secret pal's autobiography was so positive and so bright and cheery, I can't imagine her not saying something or sending a picture if she can.

I didn't realize the importance of a picture for my first few swaps either so maybe these notes will stir someone to do so.

Yeah, we don't NEED thanks, but it sure is lovely to receive and as Roseysue said, we do shop JUST FOR THAT PERSON to make it extra special.
    I'm sure that many of the participants are first-timers. I did not know I should post a picture my first time, and did not do so, so perhaps this would partially explain the lack of photos. But I quickly learned that to do so was exciting, and posted the 2nd time.
    Old 03-11-2011, 08:41 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Suzi
    I just found this --------- are there going to be more swaps? I certainly hope so ....................
    Suzanne the cordinader for this swap says sign up for the april swap will be soon ,so watch the swaps topic on the daily email.Be sure and sign up as early as possible,so you don't miss out. and remember let everyone know when you recieve your swap and what you recieved. and a picture if you can post one. That's what makes this fun for all to be able to see and hear about what they get. Also a nice thank you is appreciated. Just some kindly suggestions,not an order.lol. Main thing have fun!!! Mary
    Old 03-11-2011, 08:45 AM
    Power Poster

I can't figure out how to post my pictures I take. I take one every month.also take one of what I send.But they just don't show up when I try to post them.I think they are in the wrong format and don't know if it can be changed. It is always exciting to see the pictures on here ,the items look different.
    Old 03-11-2011, 08:52 AM

hmmm.. if they are in a .jpg format - they should post. Do you know what file type they are saved as?

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    I can't figure out how to post my pictures I take. I take one every month.also take one of what I send.But they just don't show up when I try to post them.I think they are in the wrong format and don't know if it can be changed. It is always exciting to see the pictures on here ,the items look different.