Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed >
  • March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed

• March Secret Pal Swap - Sign Up Closed

Old 03-14-2011, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by SLHughes
    Oh maybe it is for me ... I am in Canada!!!

Originally Posted by KrystelsQuilts
    I sent out my partner's package today... it's headed to Canada!
    :)
    It might be for me! I am in Canada too and a few hours north of you! I will be mailing mine out tomorrow. It is going south of the border and to an eastern state.
    Old 03-15-2011, 12:27 AM

My SP got hers Monday at 2pm but didn't post so either someone took it from her mailbox before she got it...or she is new and doesn't post...or I blew it because this was my first time and I hadn't read 50 pages of descriptions before I mailed off my package to her in Michigan. I would rather it be one of the later instead of the first reason.
    I sent a beautiful pansy tin with 7 FQs in it, a package of both of her favorite candies, 2 notions and 2 packages of antique buttons from my collection in her favorite colors. I didn't hand make anything because I didn't know people did that. Oh well live and learn. There's still plenty of Chocolate cake left so come on over and have some with me on the bench.
    Old 03-15-2011, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by Qwiltylady
    My SP got hers Monday at 2pm but didn't post so either someone took it from her mailbox before she got it...or she is new and doesn't post...or I blew it because this was my first time and I hadn't read 50 pages of descriptions before I mailed off my package to her in Michigan. I would rather it be one of the later instead of the first reason.
    I sent a beautiful pansy tin with 7 FQs in it, a package of both of her favorite candies, 2 notions and 2 packages of antique buttons from my collection in her favorite colors. I didn't hand make anything because I didn't know people did that. Oh well live and learn. There's still plenty of Chocolate cake left so come on over and have some with me on the bench.
    Wow! Sounds like an awesome package!
    Not everyone sends something home-made, I haven't yet. Maybe someday, when life slows down....
    Old 03-15-2011, 01:50 AM

Oh Gwenny - I live in SC ~ could it be mine??

Originally Posted by Gwenny
    My package is ready to mail to my SP tomorrow. Hope she enjoys it. It will be heading to SC where it can enjoy much better weather that we have.
    Old 03-15-2011, 02:12 AM

Sorry,Mary....I was so busy drooling over the goodies, didn't list them.The hot pink item is a tote bag....plus thread catcher, pins,small scissors,notepad,tension ball,a saying for wall,note cards & Chai tea made by the secret pal.Just a bunch of yummy things & I love them all.

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Thanks for the birthday greetings.Now I'm gonna eat that big ole cake. Looks like some really cute squishys were recieved today.Plainpat what is the hot pink and black item? Mary
    Old 03-15-2011, 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by fidgety
    Originally Posted by mstandridge
    WOW! Oh WOW I jumped off the bench today!! Got so many goodies had to take a coupe pics to do it any justice.
    Lynn you knocked out of the park! I love everything
    Thankyou so very much!
    Michelle
    Ok so you wont be needing that licorice so how about sending it back to the bench???? :shock: :lol: ;) :? :thumbup: lol... Nice squishy!!!
    sorry can't do that would only share 1 peice with DH. the rest is in my travel pack waiting to go with me on my quilt shop hop in florida next week. My good friend is taking me there to see a retired quilt shop owner, who is setting up our shop hop. Plus the friend is treating me to a $150.00 shopping spree for my march 23rd birthday. Plus she just bought a babylock crown jewel long arm quilting machine for us to use. DH is wondering when he'll ever see me now. He may have to come over to the friends house. She expects me to use it 75% to her 25%. I could go on and on, but SHE thinks I am the friend that gives more. Mine is only time, and support during a rough time she has gone through the past couple of months.
    Old 03-15-2011, 03:28 AM

Sounds like you're both good friends to each other. That is wonderful when it happens. Have a great trip!
    Old 03-15-2011, 03:33 AM

Blew it?!! Are you kidding? You did GREAT! Anyone would be thrilled to have that package!!

My secret pal's package was delivered yesterday too. I hope to hear from her today, too. I did take a picture this time before mailing it, so I can post a photo for her if she would like.

Have a good day all. I am off to another crazy day at work.
    Old 03-15-2011, 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by crafty_linda_b
    Originally Posted by crafty_linda_b
    Well ladies, time for me to abandon the bench. I rec'd the most fantastic box of goodies today from Janetlmt in Pennsylvania. I am at my sons house babysitting. I will take a photo of all my goodies (minus the peppermint pattie) when I get home. My DGS claimed the peppermint pattie when he 'helped' me open the package. He said "OH grandma she sent candy for ME!!" *L*
    Thanks Janet!!
    Happy Stitchin' Linda B.
    OK I am home now...got the photo taken..I sent the same exact magazine to Tommye. I guess great minds think a like huh Janet? Don't look too close or you will see that the turtle package is empty *L* I couldn't stand it. I did share with DH.
    I am so glad you liked the package. I am a lover of 30's prints also! I made the pincushion. My mother liked that so, I made one for her. I think we do have like minds...LOL. It was so sweet of your grandson to share his peppermint patty with you. Have a good day
    Peace and Blessings,
    Old 03-15-2011, 03:45 AM

My goodness......what a great squishy you sent !!!! What quilter wouldn't love your selection?Mine are not perfect & haven't included a hand made goody yet,but still....it's fun & I've enjoyed sending & receiving every SP gift.Yours was fine & bet you'll hear from her soon.

Originally Posted by Zappycat
    Blew it?!! Are you kidding? You did GREAT! Anyone would be thrilled to have that package!!

My secret pal's package was delivered yesterday too. I hope to hear from her today, too. I did take a picture this time before mailing it, so I can post a photo for her if she would like.

Have a good day all. I am off to another crazy day at work.