May Mini quilt swap

Old 05-12-2015, 11:20 AM
Power Poster

MizMelly that is hilarious.

I am finishing up another thing tonight, and then all my attention goes to my mini. I even had my pattern picked out, and I lost it. I am still looking for it. It's a online one too that I had stored, and forgot where I stored it. I will spend tonight looking for it until either I find it or one similar. lol...

Happy sewing everyone!
Old 05-12-2015, 05:37 PM

OMG JuneBillie, you sound just like me....I save something and then can't find it...It's like oh where oh where can it be or where in the he.. did I put it? Can't wait to receive my mini, like the sneak peaks....
Old 05-12-2015, 06:10 PM

I cut out the pieces for my mini today but had a big problem. I just couldn't figure out how something went together. When I tried, it just didn't look right. Nothing fit the way it was supposed to. Has anyone have that happen? I finally got frustrated and gave up. It just wasn't fun for me. Now I have another plan and it is working out a lot better. Whew! I might just have it ready to mail by Friday.
Old 05-13-2015, 04:12 AM

My memory for things are not what they used to be. Last week I misplaced my 6x24 ruler and still have not found it. How does that happen? I put everything in it's place as soon as I am finished using it so it doesn't make any sense that an item of that size is no where to be found. I gave up looking for it yesterday and finally bought a new one figuring that the old one will turn up now. My sewing room isn't messy, it's clean and organized but that */#@! ruler is gone!

Jan
Old 05-13-2015, 06:01 AM

oh I do that too cheesehead. I find it like.. on top of the ironing board. what? its in plain view. how it got to the ironing board is anyones clue surely it was not me who put it there... yup. I do that all the time. like ALL the time. or its not there its not there and suddenly its right there.. uh. ok. who is doing this stuff to me? sneaky buggers is what they are! today I had great plans to work on your mini Cheesehead. I did. then I got the reminder notice the doc is in town today and my appointment is at 10. its one of those things you go to or you must go to Billings this month for. Billings is 2 hours away. Think I will go to this appointment what the heck. so it means it wont be til Friday unless I am superbly energized this afternoon. so sorry! I think MizMelly your work is off the hook good so no worries. let your friend be an alien. Tell her it looks good on her

Mine is a traditional quilt design so there is not one appliqued flower on the entire thing! tada! but its made with floral fabric hopefully counts because if it doesn't I am back at square one! and I am not sure where to find square one anymore! best look on the ironing board.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:30 AM

Ha!!! Well, I never thought it LOOKED like an alien until my dear friend pointed it out. And there's not one flower in it. Floral fabrics, yes, and a cute design that has an affinity to flowers. And that's all I'm going to say. I'm mailing it out tomorrow to JuneBillie, so she can decide if it's an alien life form or what I THOUGHT I was making....!!!!
For once I wasn't being too literal. That happens when you work too many years with a boss who has a very tiny sense of humor and takes every comment literally. sigh. I'm retiring next June so I sure hope this rubs off!
Old 05-14-2015, 05:29 AM

I've finished my mini for letsquilt. Here is a teaser Pat. I didn't make flowers but used flower fabric. I hope you like it. I will be mailing it tomorrow.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]519662[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails cam00454.jpg  
Old 05-14-2015, 05:52 AM
Power Poster

My mini will be using flower fabric.

I like your sneak peek Klaws.
Old 05-14-2015, 06:24 AM

Before anyone asks...I'm thinking Stars and stripes for the theme next month

I finished the beginning of my mini last night at the free sew night.I'm loving' it! Should have it finished this weekend.
Here's a sneak peek....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]519666[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails fullsizerender.jpg  
Old 05-14-2015, 07:01 AM

[QUOTE=tlambing;7195325]Before anyone asks...I'm thinking Stars and stripes for the theme next month

Oh boy! That's quick! And I LOVE stars and stripes!! Can be either patriotic or just "stars and stripes"!!!! Cool!