Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm >
  • May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm

• May Secret Pal Swap Closes April 30th 2pm

Old 05-19-2012, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by brenda21
    Way off topic~what is the difference between a stack and whack, a kaleidoscope and a one block wonder (OBW)? I know that they are all done from the same fabric, but what else makes them different?
    i would like to know also.

and on the parrot fabric, i wish i had grabbed more of it when i had the chance to. but i was shopping under duress. lol. so i grabbed what i could. this was from the sale that i posted a pic of all the rolls of fabric. i really like that fabric now that i have had a good chance to really look at it and it is a robert kaufman.
    Old 05-19-2012, 08:51 PM

Oh yes, I had to open up the parrot fabric for everyone to see how pretty it is. Love birds and so this is just perfect!!! And everything BRIGHT....you bet....my ultimate favorite....no one but ME gets to keep it. Mahalo Nui Loa (thank you very much in Hawaiian), Havplenty!!!
    Old 05-19-2012, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by leiladylei54
    Oh yes, I had to open up the parrot fabric for everyone to see how pretty it is. Love birds and so this is just perfect!!! And everything BRIGHT....you bet....my ultimate favorite....no one but ME gets to keep it. Mahalo Nui Loa (thank you very much in Hawaiian), Havplenty!!!
    leidene are you native hawaiian or a transplant? for some reason i thought you may have moved there due to military relo reasons but not sure where i got that idea.
    Old 05-19-2012, 09:21 PM

off topic alert:

i got home late tonight and thought to give craigslist (CL)a lookey see especially after a day of estate/garage/yard sales. a seller on CL posted this eve that she was selling a large trash bag of fabric & scraps for $15.00. i called her straight away and asked the what/where/how. she said she had someone call her earlier to look at it tomorrow eve and i said i can be there in the am. we both have had folks say they are coming and never show up so she said come on.

so i am on my way to purchase a large trash bag full of fabric tomorrow for $15.00. i do hope the metaphor does not hold true. what's that you ask... well that the trash bag full of fabric is not... well trash and where it rightfully belong.
    Old 05-19-2012, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty
    leidene are you native hawaiian or a transplant? for some reason i thought you may have moved there due to military relo reasons but not sure where i got that idea.
    Oh no...am born and bred here in Hawaii. LOL My grandparents (both sides) came here in the early 1900's. My maternal grandparents came to Hawaii from Okinawa to work in the sugar cane fields on the Big Island of Hawaii. My paternal grandparents came from Japan to work in the pineapple fields on the island of Maui. My mother's first marriage was an arranged marriage and left her a widow at the age of 35 with 5 children. Back in those days, there was no medical insurance nor life insurance. She met my father a few years later....a love marriage. She said "love marriage" was better. LOL My husband is from Colorado so I've been to a few of the mainland states....Colorado, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Washington, California and Oregon. Someday visiting the East Coast States are on my wish list.
    Old 05-20-2012, 06:04 AM

Thank you; I received the placemats from MaryEllen - another QB member - we participated in a placemat swap and she made these for me; they're my favorite.

In anther post you asked if I hang my wind chimes outside - yes I do - we hang them from the overhead on the house and garage, hooks in the garden and from the trees. Some are metal, some bamboo and when a soft breeze blows it's heaven.

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    dabbler I love the yellow and blue placemats also the wind chimes are pretty.Mary

Last edited by dabbler312; 05-20-2012 at 06:14 AM. Reason: omitted part of reply
    Old 05-20-2012, 07:00 AM
    Power Poster

I just love hearing my wind chimes. Especially on a hot day. Just a little breeze does wonderful things to chimes. It makes you feel a little cooler.I have them on all 3 porches.My largest has 3-4 ft. long pipes.They really gong.
    Old 05-20-2012, 07:40 AM
    Banned

Mary - I also have a wind chime like that only mine has
    5 pipes from 40 inches to 48 inches. Found it on clearance
    sale at Walgreens several years ago for $10.

We love it, but for our small condo balcony it really it to loud
    so we have it "tied" off to avoid complaints from neighbors.

I love to listen to the soft tinkling of wind chimes with a slight
    breeze ringing them.

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    I just love hearing my wind chimes. Especially on a hot day. Just a little breeze does wonderful things to chimes. It makes you feel a little cooler.I have them on all 3 porches.My largest has 3-4 ft. long pipes.They really gong.
    Old 05-20-2012, 08:03 AM

Default Rec'd SP Package

Received my sp package yesterday and just want to let my sp know ----

Onalee -- you are thoughtful and you are kind and I just want to tell you I am so glad you are mine!!!

My package was absolutely me -- personalized and two of my favorite things -- elephants and jelly beans. Mug rug with elephants of course and pincushion, bag filled with jelly beans, note pad ---- on and on. This was my first sp swap and I am so glad I took the plunge!! Thank you so very much!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]336558[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails lyntv.jpeg  
    Old 05-20-2012, 09:19 AM

Leilady~Isn't it funny how we are...I have lived up and down the east coast and have been to Maui and Kuai and I would much rather be back over in Hawaii and would say that you aren't missing anything on the east coast of the mainland haha....DH and I would love to retire over on the islands someday....and if not, I definitely want to go for another visit!!!