Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11 >
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

• May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

Old 05-19-2011, 06:12 PM

I received a wonderful package from Stacey (SLHughes) a fellow Canadian yesterday and had to wait to take pictures as my DD had my camera. Thank you so much Stacey, I just love everything! She sent an awesome package! There was some beautiful pale blue butterfly fabric and the cutest fairy fabric. I have to find something very special to use these on. She sent flower seeds that my DGS and I will plant this weekend as well as some bean seeds. How did she know that his favorite vegetable was beans? I swear that people on this board are not only great quilters but they are also incredible mind readers too! There are also adorable little notecards with tea cups on them and a journal. She also sent marking pencils which I really needed (again she read my mind) and a thread snipper. There are also key toppers which will come in very handy as I am always fumbling with my keys to find the one to my parent's house when I go there and now their key will be easy to find and the most adorable magnets! Of course, there was chocolate and to watch over everything is the cutest little bird figurine. My DGS and I are still debating where she will sit - on the shelf by my sewing machine or on the shelf with his hockey medals. He's really cute so who do you think will win? Again thank you so much Stacey!

Wonderful goodies from SLHUGHES
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]199458[/ATTACH]

I told you he was cute! My bird my just have to sit on his shelf.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]199459[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-199452.jpe   attachment-199453.jpe  
    Old 05-19-2011, 06:33 PM

Well, I am still here on the bench. Are we having fun, yet?
    Old 05-19-2011, 06:33 PM

Well when I got home last night my firmy was waiting for me ... I was so excited I had to stop and open it before I went off to my quilting class.

I received many lovely things from TFQuitler.

I received a Snow man wall hanging kit that I will be doing after my quilting classes are done. I have one more class next Wednesday night. So after that I will be getting on it!!!

I received a homemade Santa that TFQuilter has made. He will be going with my collection!!! You did a wonderful job on him. I cant wait for Christmas now so that I can put him out. I actually think I will put him out anyhow!!!

Machine needles were also a great idea. I never thought of giving them in the swap and I am so happy that you sent me some as I know I will be using them.

And a seam ripper!!! I can't wait to try it out!!! I so needed one!!! I had just broke mine.

And of course the mint chocolates!!! My all time favorite. I have to confess I opened them up right away even before I ate supper and ate two of them. They are so yummy!!! I haven't had these kind before as in the maker of them. But they are delicious!!

And for the fabric! I so love the ladybugs!! It is very pretty... I haven't been able to find any here. So thank you. I am going to save it for something special and I am not sure yet what.

I also like the white and the red with the yellow .. also very pretty.

And the green I really really like it. What kind of fabric is this??? Is this what they call batik?? (pardon me but I am not sure as I am new to quilting)

Please enjoy the pics of my stash!!! I want to Thank you again to TFQuilter for the awesome package!!!

Pics of my Stash
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]199466[/ATTACH]

Close up of Santa
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]199471[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-199460.jpe   attachment-199465.jpe  
    Old 05-19-2011, 07:50 PM

I give in! i am getting anxious. I have been driving down my drive way really slow trying to see if there is anything left on my porch! Kids look at me funny, So I am saying "the pond, the pond, gotta check on the pond" yea thats it!
    So far nothing in the doorway. Will it fit in my mailbox?? So excited!
    Old 05-20-2011, 04:13 AM

The suns coming out and I'm taking my book and go sit on the bench.):
    Old 05-20-2011, 04:37 AM

That sounds good.. I'll bring my book and join you!
    Old 05-20-2011, 05:51 AM
    Power Poster

Abonda Isn't that quilt on the front of the magazine pretty. What a beautiful pot holder.Stacy your santa is so cute. I take it you collect santas. Mary
    Old 05-20-2011, 07:44 AM

Hey guys, I gotta question, I'm gonna be away from home for a bit and won't be home next month to tell the world about my squishie receipt. I could take the stuff with me to mail, but I'm just thinking it over. It seems unfair to the sender to not let her know I recved for 2 or 3 weeks...
    Tell me, oh, wise ones...should I sit out or go for it??? Inquiring minds want to know :P
    Old 05-20-2011, 07:49 AM

Lovely packages are flying around here.
    Terryl,you can make bags too!!!You must teach me a thing or two about sewing :thumbup:

Those on the bench, hope you get your packages soon, I'll share some of the raspberry iced tea that my pal sent me with you all.
    Old 05-20-2011, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by greenini
    Hey guys, I gotta question, I'm gonna be away from home for a bit and won't be home next month to tell the world about my squishie receipt. I could take the stuff with me to mail, but I'm just thinking it over. It seems unfair to the sender to not let her know I recved for 2 or 3 weeks...
    Tell me, oh, wise ones...should I sit out or go for it??? Inquiring minds want to know :P
    If you are able to mail package and you will still receive your mail when you get back, I don't see a reason for you to sit it out. I would just put a note somewhere so my pal will know that I am Not ignoring them and just won't be home for a while to acknowledge the receipt of the package..I know I would understand if I were your pal.