Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11 >
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

• May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

Old 05-23-2011, 06:12 AM

I agree with all of you. If you can't follow through, why sign up. It causes more work for Lori and..it causes hurt feelings.
    I dropped out of this swap for a few months because of either the person who had my name never sent, one person never acknowledge that they received my package..and one didn't show up until the end of the next month.
    I decided to participate again, because I really missed the swap. I do love to put the packages together. Finding the right thing for my partner is so much fun.
    It is almost the end of the month and I haven't received a package yet.
    Lori, I commend you for taking on this task. Thank you so much.
    Peace and Blessings,
    Old 05-23-2011, 06:39 AM
    Power Poster

Lori you are doing a great job. Hope you are keeping a good list of who is not sending and who is not replying that they recieved. This is getting worse every month. I've seen people that didn't post recieving a swap.But are posting on other topics. If they can post on other threads they can post they recieved on this one. Not sending on time is unfair to the reciever. A day or 2 is one thing,but weeks late is wrong when it is happening often. If life is that busy (which does happen) You shouldn't sign up till things settle down.Whew I guess this just hit a nerve.lol Mary
    Old 05-23-2011, 07:23 AM

I think we may be reacting a tad bit early, The rules say 14 days from the close (last day to send May 16th). We are just now 7 days from the last day to send. I know that my package was attempted on Friday and as of last night was still sitting at the post office.

I did see several say they sent after the cut-off and I am hopeful that they will do better next month. I expect we will see a lot of packages delivered early this week.

Thanks for the wonderful job Lori :)
    Old 05-23-2011, 07:31 AM

It is sad to see that so many are waiting or haven't heard anything. In my last swap, the swapper was busy and didn't realize there was a board to show what they got. She said she liked her box. I had to PM her though, once the box had arrived and nothing was said.

This month, my swapper did send me and Lori a PM, but she didn't post pictures to show what she got. She did like the box though. I know summer is coming up and people are going to get busy, but..I will agree with others. Don't join the swap if you can't participate on the board.

I'm sure Lori will be cutting off a lot of names, which even a smaller swap is fine if everyone is participating.
    Old 05-23-2011, 07:36 AM

I think what I will do is send out 67 pms to the people who have not received package to make sure.
    Old 05-23-2011, 07:46 AM

Lori you are doing a wonderful job hosting this swap and I cannot imagine that when one signs up that they then either "forgot" or just dropped off the face of the earth. I'm one I like to mail mine out early and not so many of us have that chance but if you do sign up, stick with it and don't let your SP down. I've not been a bench warmer but when I read the posts I just want to go out there and get everyone a package! I agree with many here, weed out the "duds" and keep on with the ones who truly enjoy these swaps like me! :)
    Old 05-23-2011, 07:53 AM

I don't mind sitting on the bench, but what isn't nice for me is not getting acknowledgement that package was received
    Old 05-23-2011, 08:38 AM

I sent PM to my Kathy N my swap pal that I received my Package. I also sent in feedback for her. I haven't gotten a reply from her that she received my message. Lori I did send you a PM that I received my package.It was a great package. You are doing a great job and if you need an angel this month please let me know I will be happy to help out with a few packages if you need some.
    Old 05-23-2011, 09:18 AM

Thanks Lynnie. Only 25 more pms to send out and then will sit back and wait for answers!

Originally Posted by lynnie k
    I sent PM to my Kathy N my swap pal that I received my Package. I also sent in feedback for her. I haven't gotten a reply from her that she received my message. Lori I did send you a PM that I received my package.It was a great package. You are doing a great job and if you need an angel this month please let me know I will be happy to help out with a few packages if you need some.
    Old 05-23-2011, 09:46 AM

well i received my package on Friday but had a very busy weekend so was unable to post although I did pm my swap partner and Lori. A big thanks to LynnC thank you so much for the lovely package 2 diiferent yards of fabric lovely bright sunny colours, I am going to Spain in four weeks and I will have to find time to use them to make myself a beach tote. Sewing machine needles, three packages of buttons which I love, a template for a double wedding ring quilt wow, it seems so complicated but my son is hoping to get married in the next year or two so I could maybe give it a go!! two key rings from Lynn's business she runs (tupperware) which my grandaughters are having great fun with. Some Jelly Belly sweets and Hersey nuggets (which are gone!). Lynn also enclosed a long letter which told me a little about herself which was really nice, it makes a lovely connection. I always enclose a card but I think in future I will send a proper letter as it was so nice to receive one. Hopefully I havent missed anything. i got my husband to take a picture so I will ask him to load it and will try to post it. Lynn if you took a picture feel free to post. Once again thank you so much for the wonderful gifts. I really enjoy these swaps and the challenge involved in putting together a good package within the budget. i hope they are going to continue as I have built up quite a stash of things to send out so that I only have to make something personal and can then get my package sent out earlier. To the person waiting on this month's parcel from me I will post again once I have checked on the tracking. I know it was in customs but often I dont get any more information on the tracking until it is delivered. Eileen