• May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

• May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

Old 06-01-2011, 10:28 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Janetlmt
    Originally Posted by Terryl
    Originally Posted by Jennalyn
    I understand why my SP was a little delayed in her package - life certainly seemed to get crazy in the midwest recently! I'm just looking forward to its arrival. :D
    If that is where she lives, I certainly can understand her delay. I hope she is doing okay and hasn't suffered any loses.

I may be wrong and speaking WAY out of turn, but wasn't the mail date BEFORE the tornados in the mid west? I am guilty of mailing on the last day because "life got in the way" but I did get it out by the deadline. My package arrived to me in a timely manner, was an awesome package, and I am most appreciative, but I am sitting out June, not gonna follow the thread, because I am offended for those still on the bench. I know many will say/think that I have my nerve and that's okay, we all have opinions. I will miss this swap and am probably punishing myself, but at least I won't get "worked up" over irresponsibility in June. That being said, you guys have fun in June, I know I'll be sorry and miss you, but this is the right choice for me.
    I am glad you express your feelings about this. I don't think you are speaking out of turn. I sent my package out on the deadline. I got mine in a timely matter also. I agree with you totally. It isn't fair to the participants nor Lori!
    I also agree with you. It isn't fair to anyone. If I thought it would really make a difference I would sit out too. I just don't think anything would change how some act.I live in missouri and yes the Joplin tornado was after the deadline. But things can delay and make it a day or 2 late.But I also know Terryl sent a PM about it.That is only common courtesy.These swaps are too much fun to let someone ruin it. Just my thoughts. Gonna miss you Terryl. Janet god be with you.I'll keep you in my prayers. Mary
    Old 06-01-2011, 10:30 AM

Thank you Mary
    Peace and Blessings,
    Old 06-01-2011, 01:31 PM

To help people get over being upset let me tell you this,

Jennalyn=sp mailed 5-27
    quiltyfeelings=sp mailed 5-23
    pennyj123=sp mailed 5-19
    nurse bonnie not home to know if package there or not
    LoriEl=sp mailed 5-31 with good reasons for being late
    3NorwichTerr= not home to know if package there or not
    wandalou's sp good reason for late package

that leaves 2 who have not answered my repeated pms as to if they have received their package or not, their sp told me they were mailed. That takes care of 157 people.
    Old 06-01-2011, 01:34 PM

Please don't start dropping out, the only thing that keeps me gong is how happy people are when they get their package and that they like everything they receive.
    Old 06-01-2011, 01:37 PM

I agree with everyone says about late senders and still feel remorseful that the lovely JHolmes had to wait so long for my squishy. Thankfully, Royal Mail and US post pulled the stops out and got it there in 12 days.

Poor Cannyquilter (Eileen) sent hers from here, but the other end and side of the country, in a very timely manner and arrived only days before mine did. The mail can be very much at fault too.

However, as promised when I owned up to being a late sender offender is a photo of the reason why I was late. A lovely friend and ex-colleague in her wedding dress - altered by moi. She bought it a long time ago and now it was only 2 sizes too small and 3" too long.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-205234.jpe   attachment-205235.jpe  
    Old 06-01-2011, 01:46 PM

Ok Folks please don't drop out this is way too much fun!
    Old 06-01-2011, 01:50 PM

I'm not dropping out. I sent my info for June into Lori yesterday.
    Old 06-01-2011, 02:00 PM

Tussymussy--great pictures--the dress is beautiful--great save in altering. Bridal party looks very pleased as well.
    Old 06-01-2011, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Originally Posted by Terryl
    Originally Posted by Jennalyn
    I understand why my SP was a little delayed in her package - life certainly seemed to get crazy in the midwest recently! I'm just looking forward to its arrival. :D
    If that is where she lives, I certainly can understand her delay. I hope she is doing okay and hasn't suffered any loses.

I may be wrong and speaking WAY out of turn, but wasn't the mail date BEFORE the tornados in the mid west? I am guilty of mailing on the last day because "life got in the way" but I did get it out by the deadline. My package arrived to me in a timely manner, was an awesome package, and I am most appreciative, but I am sitting out June, not gonna follow the thread, because I am offended for those still on the bench. I know many will say/think that I have my nerve and that's okay, we all have opinions. I will miss this swap and am probably punishing myself, but at least I won't get "worked up" over irresponsibility in June. That being said, you guys have fun in June, I know I'll be sorry and miss you, but this is the right choice for me.
    I am glad you express your feelings about this. I don't think you are speaking out of turn. I sent my package out on the deadline. I got mine in a timely matter also. I agree with you totally. It isn't fair to the participants nor Lori!
    I also agree with you. It isn't fair to anyone. If I thought it would really make a difference I would sit out too. I just don't think anything would change how some act.I live in missouri and yes the Joplin tornado was after the deadline. But things can delay and make it a day or 2 late.But I also know Terryl sent a PM about it.That is only common courtesy.These swaps are too much fun to let someone ruin it. Just my thoughts. Gonna miss you Terryl. Janet god be with you.I'll keep you in my prayers. Mary
    Mary, I don't think my sitting out will make any difference to anyone other than me, I won't feel bad by seeing all the disappointment when a package doesn't arrive until an "angel" steps up. It's my nature to take others' pain personally, I am and have always been extremely sensitive to others feelings. It's what makes me, Me. I will still be on the board, adding my comments where I deem they fit, I just won't be on the June SP thread.
    Old 06-01-2011, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
    I agree with everyone says about late senders and still feel remorseful that the lovely JHolmes had to wait so long for my squishy. Thankfully, Royal Mail and US post pulled the stops out and got it there in 12 days.

Poor Cannyquilter (Eileen) sent hers from here, but the other end and side of the country, in a very timely manner and arrived only days before mine did. The mail can be very much at fault too.

However, as promised when I owned up to being a late sender offender is a photo of the reason why I was late. A lovely friend and ex-colleague in her wedding dress - altered by moi. She bought it a long time ago and now it was only 2 sizes too small and 3" too long.

Tussy, you did an awesome job on that wedding gown, I can't see where any alterations had been done (especially not 2 sizes :thumbup: ) and I looked for them :lol: :lol: