Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11 >
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

• May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

Old 06-01-2011, 02:30 PM

thank you everyone for the compliments on THE dress. It took a lot of thought, but eventually we came up with idea of removing the back zip and replacing it with a 4" one to just below the waist, plus a hook and eye to stop it opening.

Then I carefully, oh so carefully removed the lining and put in 25 rouleau loops on each side, very close together and then after all lot of stitching to make sure they did not come adrift, stitched the lining in back in place.

With the addition of 6 yards of ribbon, she was laced into it. It looked really good. The biggest problem was shortening the train........ getting that curve right was a nightmare and took me nearly 2 weeks to get right before I took the scissors to it. Giving it a new hem only took about 2 hours. :lol:

I was devastated that a very painful back and grandson's 21st birthday party meant that I could not go to the wedding. I will hear all about it later in the week when we meet up.
    Old 06-01-2011, 02:37 PM

Tussy, wonderful job on wedding dress, I would be frightened to even attempt such a job.

As to posting and deliveries, obviously sometimes things happen that prevent you getting posted but surely if you sign up to the swap you should at least start getting things ready so that if you do get really busy by deadline you should be no more than a day or so late(unless it is exceptional circumstances) (a pm to inform Lori would be helpful).

Personally I can't understand taking part in the swap and not at the least acknowledging receipt of the package in a pm.

I know sitting on the bench is a fun thing but it seems to start really early so that makes people think they have been waiting a long time when in fact in my opinion people shouldn't start to worry until at the earliest a week after the posting deadline.

I love these swaps and to be honest posting from the UK I worry more about my partner getting her parcel than actually receiving mine. I think we need to keep a positive attitude and sense of fun and I am sure the new rules that Lori has put in place will ensure that only the people who want to share a fun experience will participate. Eileen
    Old 06-01-2011, 02:45 PM

I won't be dropping out..I am like Terryl, very sensitive and I take others pain to heart.
    Tussy, the wedding gown looks great...!!! I don't think I would ever tackle a project like that. My daughters wedding fit perfectly without any alterations. I was thankful for that!
    peace and blessings,
    Old 06-01-2011, 02:50 PM

Tussy, great job on the dress...maybe you can alter a couple of mine, lol. Joking :mrgreen:

Terryl,
    I am so sad you won't play in June, but I totally understand what you mean...I see so many posts saying they are sending their packages many days after the deadline and it makes me wonder..I know life happens, but like my dad always says don't promise if you can't fulfill. Sometimes I wonder if some people even look at the deadline date..

Oh well, let's hope June brings less tardiness.
    Old 06-01-2011, 04:08 PM

Sue aka TussyMussy the dress was beautiful you did a super job. I can understand why the package was late. When I have something to alter I'll ship it to you.
    Old 06-01-2011, 05:34 PM
    Power Poster

Can we see a picture of the back of the dress too.I want to see the lace up part.thanks Mary
    Old 06-01-2011, 07:02 PM

Phoned home and no package yet, but I'm not overly upset -- good things come to those who wait. :-) I figure if the worse thing happening is a late squishy, then I'm doing allright. I'm signed up for June all the same. The bench talk is half the fun so if folks head on over a little early it's just because it's too much fun to resist.
    Old 06-02-2011, 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Can we see a picture of the back of the dress too.I want to see the lace up part.thanks Mary
    I will find out if there any of the back of the dress....... either that or I will have to get her to dress up in it and I will take a photo...... but it could take some time. :lol: It took over half an hour to lace her into it......
    Old 06-02-2011, 02:58 AM

Gday, i know that i will be receiving my may secret package soon, this is why i haven't been here. I have also signed up for the June swap, i do enjoy the swaps. So hang in there all those that haven't received for the Month of May, i am sure that the posty is enjoying the exrays of what surprises are on the way. :)
    Old 06-02-2011, 11:44 AM

Will those of you who have not received their package please send me a pm, thank you.