Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11 >
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

• May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

Old 05-14-2011, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
    Kitty is the box...so cute...Now that's a nice SP gift.

I have to repeat what one person said a few pages back, looks like the 10.00 limit has gone out the door. My first SP swap and I struck to it and it's not looking anything like these piles. OH WELL..Hope my SP likes her few things.

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
    I got the NICEST package today from SIK1010 today! I feel bad because I don't know if she is my April SP or my May SP. There wasn't a note just her screen name on the return address. So I am posting a thank you on here hoping it is my May SP. She went way above the call of duty on this one! She sent me a christmas panel and 4 coordinating fabrics in all of my favorite colors!, the cutest piece of material with quilt labels all over it,4 magazines, recipe cards,post it page markers,one of my favorite candies werthers and werthers chocolate carmels which I have never had But, Chocolate is my other favorite candy so I bet they are yummy!!! and a beautiful string angle!(I wonder if she made it herself?)Thank You so much SIK1010 I love everything. The panel will make an adorable wall hanging and I am going to love lookin through the magazines while enjoying the chocolates:)
    I hope I posted on the right month please let me know if I got it wrong. I had lots of help unpacking the box. My helpers had to check it out and see if there was anything for them!
    i stick to the $10 dollar limit but do include as extras things that I already have in usually fabric or if I make something I don't include that unless I have bought somethings specifically for it. Good things to include which don't cost anything/ very much are recipies and instructions. Pre read books and magazines. Hope that helps. Eileen
    Old 05-14-2011, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by NauDeeGal
    I received my May SP pkg a couple of days ago from Neena. She sent me such wonderful gifts! A special patchwork heart with October beads hanging on it. The heart is really special as it is a keepsake for my upcoming wedding in October of either 2011/2012. We have not set the actual date yet, but we do know it will be October of this year or next. We chose October because we want to honeymoon in the U.P. while autumn is in full color.
    A quilt journal with an outsdoorsy theme. It is a book to keep a record of quilts made with a fabric swatch page, a picture page and a description page, and some vinyl pockets. The description page is outlined to include quilt size, batting used, specialty threads, pieced by, quilted by, quilt started, quilt finished, my thoughts about the quilt. It is a really neat book. Now just to get it filled with completed projects.
    Karen also sent me my fave candy...m & m's and some snaps to go with my bag projects. Thank you so much Karen. I really like everything you sent. The card is really cute too.
    Such a lovely package you received! The description you shared of the Quilt Journal inspired me to order one for myself! This swap just keeps on giving!!! I love it!
    Old 05-14-2011, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
    Kitty is the box...so cute...Now that's a nice SP gift.

I have to repeat what one person said a few pages back, looks like the 10.00 limit has gone out the door. My first SP swap and I struck to it and it's not looking anything like these piles. OH WELL..Hope my SP likes her few things.

hobbykat, I'm certain your pal will LOVE her/his package from you. My package which is set to go out Monday will have only 1 thing purchased for this swap, everything else will be what was already in my stash, because I'm in Florida, I rarely send candy unless someone likes hard candies, I pick up things at the thrift stores, (unfinished blocks, which I repurpose into potholder/mugrugs, embroidery threads/hoops things like this) dollar store, yard sales, etc. so for my $10.00 I can put quite a few things in the box, end of season sales are also great, coupons from joann's, hobby lobby, Michael's, etc. Plus, I have quite a few fabrics which I'll never use so I make something for my pal or send them the fabrics. Most important to remember, hobbykat, is that when you chose for your pal, you chose with your heart, therefore your pal will love what you sent. Please don't be so hard on yourself, we all had our first swap, and we all learned how to get "creative" I personally, love the handmade things I receive, gives me ideas for my quilt friends that don't join the swaps or belong to the board.

I got the NICEST package today from SIK1010 today! I feel bad because I don't know if she is my April SP or my May SP. There wasn't a note just her screen name on the return address. So I am posting a thank you on here hoping it is my May SP. She went way above the call of duty on this one! She sent me a christmas panel and 4 coordinating fabrics in all of my favorite colors!, the cutest piece of material with quilt labels all over it,4 magazines, recipe cards,post it page markers,one of my favorite candies werthers and werthers chocolate carmels which I have never had But, Chocolate is my other favorite candy so I bet they are yummy!!! and a beautiful string angle!(I wonder if she made it herself?)Thank You so much SIK1010 I love everything. The panel will make an adorable wall hanging and I am going to love lookin through the magazines while enjoying the chocolates:)
    I hope I posted on the right month please let me know if I got it wrong. I had lots of help unpacking the box. My helpers had to check it out and see if there was anything for them!
    Old 05-14-2011, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by cannyquilter
    Update;

Package completed and has been sent out this morning. Royal Mail say it should take 4 days but from experience I know it will be more like 10 - 11 days. So someone living in a state that starts with "I" can start watching for the mail man around the 25th (my daughter's birthday).

Eileen
    I live in a state that starts with I...is it me???????

:lol:
    Old 05-14-2011, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by TFquilter
    Update;

Package completed and has been sent out this morning. Royal Mail say it should take 4 days but from experience I know it will be more like 10 - 11 days. So someone living in a state that starts with "I" can start watching for the mail man around the 25th (my daughter's birthday).

Eileen

I think you've guessed it in one! Hope you like it when it arrives, I will keep you updated as I track it. Eileen

Old 05-14-2011, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by TFquilter
    Update;

Eileen

I think you've guessed it in one! Hope you like it when it arrives, I will keep you updated as I track it. Eileen

OOOOh...I am so excited!!!! Yea, yea,...this is the first time for me on a swap and it has been sooo much fun..okay, can hardly wait...around the 25th...I will note that right now...11 more days..I'll love it no matter what...okay keep me updated...thankyou....Elaine...our names are even close...:)
    Old 05-14-2011, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Terryl
    Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever
    Originally Posted by Terryl
    Originally Posted by sustraley
    I mailed my pkg to Florida also. I am now a long way away, but will soon be withn 3 hours and 49 minutes from my Secret Pal partner. Does everyone live in Florida? LOL

Nope, only 3 people in the WHOLE state, me, Candi and mooretll :lol: :roll: :lol: :mrgreen: since mooretll said she got hers yesterday, that means yours is going to either me or Candi and the one mailed earlier goes to the other one of us :thumbup: :mrgreen: :thumbup:
    Don't forget me ladies I live in Florida and closer to you Terryl! :)

We wouldn't know that quiltnut4ever cause you're "in hiding" come out and show us where you are :thumbup: 8-) :thumbup: are you close enough that we could plan to meet one day? That would be groovy.
    Bonita Springs! Close enough!!! lol!
    Old 05-14-2011, 07:14 AM

My package to my SP was attempted in McKinney, KY at 8:49 this morning according to USPS. They left a notice to arrange pickup. If not picked up in 15 days, it will be returned to me. PLEASE pick it up so I don't have to invest efforts in remailing it later on. It went to a PO Box.

BTW, I am going out of town tomorrow. If my package does not arrive today, I will not get it until I return on 5/25, so please accept my apologies for any delay in thanking the sender, and notifying Lori.
    Old 05-14-2011, 09:35 AM

Such great packages this month!! I see so many things that I would LOVE to have!! : )
    Old 05-14-2011, 09:39 AM
    Swap Hosts

ooops I should have proofread this BEFORE I added pictures now it won't let me. I got a beautiful angel not angle. lol
    And she sent you a kitten!!!! Wow!