Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11 >
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

• May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

Old 05-14-2011, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by CAgirl1
    I am an angel this month and hope to get both packages out tomorrow. I was planning to mail today, but things came up last night that I wasn't able to box them up last night. All the items are in a bag & just need to be boxed up tonight.
    Thank you for being an angel, mimom was my angel and sent me
    a wonderful package.We have very nice people on our board!!
    :thumbup: :-D
    Old 05-14-2011, 05:21 PM

I think we all would love the old books. I love looking at what things cost in the old mags. they have great thing to make in them. I love the older patterns. I am in Tennessee for a few weeks and I went shopping for next months Sp got alot of great things for just a few dollars and Jo-Anns was having a 50%off sale on rotary cutters , pins and mats and thread. I had fun.
    Old 05-14-2011, 05:25 PM

[quote=lauriejo]I have put together a variety of packages. Sometimes it just clicks and I can share things that I know I'm not going to use, so the package seems more generous. Sometimes I have to shop for more items, so the package seems smaller. I have also received packages with lots of items, and packages with just a few.

***But the best part of all the packages isn't the things, it's the thoughtfulness and the desire to make someone else happy. It's like getting a hug in the mail.

I'd like to say that this is one of the best descriptions of these packages I've seen. Thank you--that's the way mine are packed and that is the ultimate goal of all of them from the looks of things, and all of those I received have certainly been a hug in the mail.
    Old 05-14-2011, 05:31 PM

SP don't give up on me, I just finished making your "special" surprise. For sure you'll think it was worth the wait :) :) :) I'll be at the post office with it at 9:00 Monday, shouldn't take long to get to you, I'm guessing Wednesday, Thursday at the latest. Here's my hint: it has to fly completely across the state of Florida.... yes, it's leaving the state, Candi can let you know when she sees it fly over her :) :) :)
    Old 05-14-2011, 05:43 PM

Here are pictures of my wonderful things from greenini,A very cute fishing bear,4 pieces of fabric,a crock pot cook book,sand dollar note cards,2 pair of fishing lure rearings that she made cute,a sneak peek peviewer,pins,blade,glue, coaster ruler/pattern,oh the candy is not in the picture, sorry turtles,twizzlers,mm's. She was very generous!!! Love it all. Thanks again greenini
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-197091.jpe   attachment-197092.jpe   attachment-197093.jpe  
    Old 05-14-2011, 05:44 PM

Oh, I am still patiently waiting, after seeing everyone SP packages, I just can't wait until I get mine. Please Please hurry and send mine. I am like a little kid and real excited about opening gifts.

Verna2197
    Old 05-14-2011, 06:02 PM

MAILED my secret pal package today 5-14
    There will be 2 packages.
    jazs2
    Old 05-14-2011, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Originally Posted by 3NorwichTerr
    This very quickly becomes a habit. Still on the bench for April but can't wait for May name.

Deby
    Sorry some of you are still on the bench.Hope you all get your swaps soon,and please remember to thank your partners to let them know you recieved it. It's only common manners. And part of the rules now. Mary
    Thanks for bringing that up it IS part of the rules now and you will get a reminder with your secret pals information! There is no reason that you can't take a minute out of your day to acknowledge that you received the package. If you do not you will not be able to enter next month. Sorry to sound so hard nosed as Suzanne says but some people have made it necessary. Thank for listening. Lori
    lori....hard nose away!!! we appreciate it!!!...thanks...gina
    Old 05-14-2011, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
    for old quilt magazines how old is too old? Or is there such a thing as too old?
    i love old quilt mags, and i would love really old ones, i love to see the antique sewing stuff, and i get different idea.......gina
    Old 05-14-2011, 06:46 PM

just finished reading thru the posts for the last couple of days....wow, some great looking packages...and it is true, a quilter can stretch a penny farther than anyone i know!!!!!...my sp package is done, and will be in the mail on monday....hope my sp on the west coast doesnt get to impatient waiting...sorry i have made you wait so long....hope you like what i am sending.........gina