Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11 >
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

• May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

Old 05-14-2011, 11:19 PM
    Power Poster

Before I ever joined any swaps on here I had to sit down and decide if I could live with getting something that might not thrill me. I joined the swaps with the convictiont that it is for fun and not for perfection. What I get is not as important as the fact that I am connecting with another board member and that is thrilling to me!!

What size the pkg is or is not doesn't matter. If it was more important than the chance to get to know a new friend or enjoy an already friend then I shouldn't be in the swap.

My expectations are that I will do my best to send out something I hope my SP will like and what I receive is just fine regardless. I enjoy the conversation and the fun!!
    Old 05-15-2011, 02:30 AM

Talking about OLD MAGAZINES....when our library closed down for a couple of weeks while they painted it and put in new carpet....I just happened to be in there to check out a quilting book and they had OLD OLD quilting magazines in a 3 ring binder...well actually I think there is 4 of them but may only be 3 anyways....I jokingly offered to take them home with me and the library lady said that I could JUST HAVE THEM. They were going to dispose of them anyways. I looked at them all when I got them and now they are sitting in my storage untouched. If anyone is wanting them, you may have them for postage. Just pm me. It will be a couple of weeks before I can get them sent out as we won't be going to storage for at least another week to get our camping stuff out. I couldnt tell you the names of any of them at this moment sorry.
    Old 05-15-2011, 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by Vicki W
    My SP's package is on it's way out west.....not that there aren't a lot of states west of Georgia :). OOOOh another important clue SP doesn't like chocolate.
    Hehe. I don't like Chocolate and I am probably as far west of Georgia as you can get. LOL
    Old 05-15-2011, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
    It's nice to know those old magazines would be acceptable. I have a file drawer jammed with them and another shelf jammed. There is a guy in our town who sells at flea markets and he knows I love the old quilt mags. He sells them to me for a dime a piece. So I have plenty to share! I never would have thought to include these. thanks for the idea!!
    Also glad to hear. A woman my friend knows asked if she knew anyone who quilted, she can't anymore...So she literally dropped off 4 shopping bags filled to the top with "Quilters Newsletter Mag" going from the 80's-present...Boy did I have fun going thru those and sorting what I would keep and not...Still have the not's...
    Last visit she dropped off 2 shopping bags of quilters books. Still going thru those.
    Old 05-15-2011, 03:26 AM

Well, I'm going to keep company with those on the bench. I know people are trying hard to get their SP packages ready and shipped and that is a good thing. I was so happy to see my SP got her package. It had to go all the way to the Netherlands so I was a little worried about how long it would take or if it got lost but it arrived safely. It's a good rule that you have to send a thank you to your SP when you receive your package.
    Old 05-15-2011, 04:58 AM

Yes I will join everyone on the bench too! I was not complaining about the packages, I was just curious how everyone was doing their SP as it did seem there was quite abit in them. I wanted 2 know for my own reasons. That way next month I could figure out something different. Like others I have already started purchasing things for the next month SP! This was my first time doing this and I just wanted to be able to send nice SP packages. Yes I know it comes from the heart and I will welcome anything that I get. I just like to make the ones I send out extra special.

Thank you
    Verna2197
    Old 05-15-2011, 05:06 AM

to my SP, i am waiting on one more thing and it is at the P.O. but they did not have it ready for me to pick up saturday... what a bummer. so now it looks like monday or tuesday before i get to mail out your package but it will be on the way.

so if you want, you can sit, relax and enjoy a spot of tea with the gals(& guys?) who may be gathering on the bench, enjoy some good weather if there is any and know your squishy is on the way. it was all chosen especially for you so i do hope you enjoy it.

because i am directionally challenged, i'm not really sure if your squishy is going east, west, north or south of me. doesn't the directions change depending upon which way you happen to be facing? i dunno plus i have no compass. all i know about my package's destination is: 1) the sun shines in this state, 2) it is a state i have visited [i've visited 35 of the 50 states] and 3) is home to the what was once the tallest of something.
    Old 05-15-2011, 05:22 AM

My SP package is going out in the morning!!
    Old 05-15-2011, 05:51 AM

OH ME ME! I love old quilt books
    Originally Posted by newquilter10
    Originally Posted by Vicki W
    Today, I got a great deal on some old quilt magazines (1980s and 1990s) I got them for me, but would someone else like a couple slid into their SP package?
    Would love some, I like to see things I can do.
    Old 05-15-2011, 06:24 AM

Dearest Secret Pal, I am sitting here in Florida and it rained early this moring so right now it is just right to sit on the back porch sipping on a cup of 'German Chocolat Cake' coffee and think of you. The sky is such a beautiful color of 'BLUE'. I think I may even do some 'READING'. I don't think 'ANY' of the 'GRANDBABIES' will be stopping by. I even have some 'HAND APPLIQUE' I could work on. Well I hope you are have snuggled up warm since I see you are going to have a 'CLOUDY' day with the highs around 49*, I see tomorrow should be a little warmer, around 60*. Boop56

YUMMO
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]197291[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-197285.jpe