Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11 >
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

• May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

Old 05-15-2011, 10:48 AM
    Power Poster

I think the comment I responded to had more to do with the sender feeling she didn't send enough to compare with everyone else's and was uncomfortable about it.

This is my first SP Swap and I did sort of the same thing. I looked at what others were getting to get an idea of how much to send. I don't want to send too much that it looks like I am trying to outdo anyone. I don't want to not send enough but $10 doesn't go very far. For those of us who have been quilting a long time we do have extras we can send that don't cost us anything. But for those who are new quilters they may not have that backup to add to a package to make it bigger.

Sooooo if anyone feels they didn't send enough don't worry about it! We all enjoy whatever we get and it is not a big deal!! I know we all have gotten things sent to us that we think oh I will never use that. But the fact that you are in this swap shows your generosity and giving nature so feel free to pass on any of those less than your taste things that you received. We all feel that passing on things you won't use is a perfectly acceptable way to use them.

And the SIZE of the package is unimportant!! The love of quilting and friends should be the only reason to be in this swap!! So enjoy and have fun!!
    Old 05-15-2011, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty
    to my SP, i am waiting on one more thing and it is at the P.O. but they did not have it ready for me to pick up saturday... what a bummer. so now it looks like monday or tuesday before i get to mail out your package but it will be on the way.

so if you want, you can sit, relax and enjoy a spot of tea with the gals(& guys?) who may be gathering on the bench, enjoy some good weather if there is any and know your squishy is on the way. it was all chosen especially for you so i do hope you enjoy it.

because i am directionally challenged, i'm not really sure if your squishy is going east, west, north or south of me. doesn't the directions change depending upon which way you happen to be facing? i dunno plus i have no compass. all i know about my package's destination is: 1) the sun shines in this state, 2) it is a state i have visited [i've visited 35 of the 50 states] and 3) is home to the what was once the tallest of something.
    Oh, your package just sounds delicious! And your clues are getting me no where, I think we nee a couple more :mrgreen: :lol:
    Old 05-15-2011, 10:50 AM

pattis47
    I also wish some people on here would quit worrying about what someone else received.

All I would like to say on this comment is, I don't think any one is worrying about what someone else recieved.

It's just some of us newbies, don't know exactly how this works and when someone says only spend $10.00, well (as for myself) the first time only spent $10.00 and thought we couldn't use our stash and thats how I was reading the rules and then when all these SP packages came in it's like wow!! I'm so embarrass cause I only sent a couple of item's, I'm not expecting, praised or even a thank you, just like to be notified that my package was recieved...I love to give when able too and enjoy the friendships that could be made....So I don't think I join for all the wrong reason!!!! (Sorry if I felt like this was meant for me) but I think your post was just a little harsh!! :-)
    Old 05-15-2011, 10:51 AM
    Power Poster

And I was thrilled to know that old Q mags would make someone happy! I hadn't thought about old stuff just new quilting stuff! LOL I have tons of them! so for quite awhile my SPs will be getting old mags!! :lol: :lol:
    Old 05-15-2011, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by tangledthread
    On my way to the post office, expressing south!! Fantastic pckages so far, hold on SP yours is on the way!
    Like south to Florida? :mrgreen:
    Old 05-15-2011, 10:52 AM

and Greenini is a great person. I met her in Atlanta and we had a great time shopping going to lunch and just chatting about ourselves. And Jo I am now in Tennessee and looking for those thrift store finds. :)
    Old 05-15-2011, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by candi
    Originally Posted by Havplenty
    to my SP, i am waiting on one more thing and it is at the P.O. but they did not have it ready for me to pick up saturday... what a bummer. so now it looks like monday or tuesday before i get to mail out your package but it will be on the way.

so if you want, you can sit, relax and enjoy a spot of tea with the gals(& guys?) who may be gathering on the bench, enjoy some good weather if there is any and know your squishy is on the way. it was all chosen especially for you so i do hope you enjoy it.

because i am directionally challenged, i'm not really sure if your squishy is going east, west, north or south of me. doesn't the directions change depending upon which way you happen to be facing? i dunno plus i have no compass. all i know about my package's destination is: 1) the sun shines in this state, 2) it is a state i have visited [i've visited 35 of the 50 states] and 3) is home to the what was once the tallest of something.
    Oh, your package just sounds delicious! And your clues are getting me no where, I think we nee a couple more :mrgreen: :lol:

Candi, did Florida ever have the "tallest" anything? Maybe a condo in Miami Beach? Other than that, we mostly have the "flatest" EVERYTHING :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    Old 05-15-2011, 10:57 AM

If you saw my last post, my nephews really enjoyed my packaged I recieved yesterday too.
    Old 05-15-2011, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by reeskylr
    Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
    Also leave positive {or negative-HOPEFULLY NOT} feedback for you sp. It helps them when they sign up for other things to do. Thank-you

How do you leave feedback?
    Click on their name and when the information pops up, there will be a link to leave feedback. :)
    Thank you reeskylr, for answering my question! :-D
    Old 05-15-2011, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Terryl

Candi, did Florida ever have the "tallest" anything? Maybe a condo in Miami Beach? Other than that, we mostly have the "flatest" EVERYTHING :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    LOL, Terryl, I am thinking IL or NY, but that sun shins clue is throwing me off,lol.