Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11 >
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

• May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

Old 05-15-2011, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by greenini
    While I can understand life in general getting in the way of an immediate thank you, I'm pretty sure all of us can find a second or two to send a thank you pm to their SP. If you didn't like your package, that's no excuse to not acknowledge that it came, is there? I know our mail lady does some bizarre stuff with our mail and so I'm not 100% sure a delivery confirmation means the package was given to my SP, just that it was delivered somewhere.

I would never dis a package, but I will always acknowledge it got here and thank my SP. I like including a little note about me, who I am, what we do, etc to increase the friendship part.

And no, I would hate to see the swap go away. Even tho this is only my 3rd month at it, I have enjoyed putting together my packages a lot. I have a lot of fun, trying to stay under $10 while pulling things from my stash, from discount stores and places like Harbor Freight, Tuesday Morning and quilt shops with coupons.
    Tell me about the mail lady, I have mail man that keeps leaving other people mail in my box...its like come on maybe one or two time but all the time is unacceptable....
    Old 05-15-2011, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
    And I was thrilled to know that old Q mags would make someone happy! I hadn't thought about old stuff just new quilting stuff! LOL I have tons of them! so for quite awhile my SPs will be getting old mags!! :lol: :lol:
    Oh I hope I get you as a SP someday, I would love to get some old Mags......:-)
    Old 05-15-2011, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by candi
    Originally Posted by Terryl

Candi, did Florida ever have the "tallest" anything? Maybe a condo in Miami Beach? Other than that, we mostly have the "flatest" EVERYTHING :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    LOL, Terryl, I am thinking IL or NY, but that sun shins clue is throwing me off,lol.
    Am thinking Sun Shine State is either California or Florida! but I could be wrong...AZ and New Mexico has a lot of Sun and so does Texas....LOL!!!!
    Old 05-15-2011, 11:06 AM

Well I am not home to get my package this month.( I am in Tennessee) My GD is checking the mail for me she is 10. Hopefully I won't have to sign for anything the postman brings. My GD is excited to be checking for the Squishie, she was with me last month when I received my package we were both excited. She loved all the gifts. So if I don't respond right away Please forgive me. As soon as she calls to let me know your package came I will thank you.
    Old 05-15-2011, 11:07 AM

Rhonda, Patti and everyone else, I gree about the packages. I started participating in this swap since July, and I have never got a package that I felt wasn't enough...I have loved them all, because of the thought and effort that went into them for one and many of the items have been very useful to me as a new quilter, and I ruporpose what I can't use...it is all fun and exciting and a great way to connect.

That being said, I do know that some people are not in these swaps to connect, I have had some SP that sent me great packages, but when I PMed to thank them about it, I never got a reponse...their choice of course, both parties fullfiles their offical duties so to speak, so no harm done. Just wanted to throw that out there.

And hey bench sitters, I am joining you this month with my husband's famous freshly squeezed lemonade. :P It is a glorious day in the Sunshine State today!
    Old 05-15-2011, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie k
    Well I am not home to get my package this month.( I am in Tennessee) My GD is checking the mail for me she is 10. Hopefully I won't have to sign for anything the postman brings. My GD is excited to be checking for the Squishie, she was with me last month when I received my package we were both excited. She loved all the gifts. So if I don't respond right away Please forgive me. As soon as she calls to let me know your package came I will thank you.
    Hope your having fun on your trip!!!
    Old 05-15-2011, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by SLHughes
    Wow ... everyone is getting some nice and exciting packages this month.

I have just arrived back home from a work conference for the last 5 days ... I am now just waiting for high noon for our postal outlet to open and I will be off to mail my package to my Secret Pal. It doesn't have to go far ... so they should have it sometime this week.

As packages dont have to be sent out till tomorrow I wont be joining you on the bench until a couple weeks later if I haven't received mine by then as I have way to much spring house cleaning to do!!! :!:
    I have mailed my SP's pkg on Monday, May 9th to Canada...one of the items she collects is Santa Claus'...I have been concerned and hope it isn't lost...she likes mint chocolates.....hmmmmm...and her last name begins with H.....
    Old 05-15-2011, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011

Candi, did Florida ever have the "tallest" anything? Maybe a condo in Miami Beach? Other than that, we mostly have the "flatest" EVERYTHING :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    LOL, Terryl, I am thinking IL or NY, but that sun shins clue is throwing me off,lol.
    Am thinking Sun Shine State is either California or Florida! but I could be wrong...AZ and New Mexico has a lot of Sun and so does Texas....LOL!!!!
    Oh, California is a good one.
    Old 05-15-2011, 11:13 AM

I believe that California has the "tallest" Redwood tree. So it could possibly be California. LOL
    Old 05-15-2011, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
    And I was thrilled to know that old Q mags would make someone happy! I hadn't thought about old stuff just new quilting stuff! LOL I have tons of them! so for quite awhile my SPs will be getting old mags!! :lol: :lol:
    oohh i hope i am one of them soon!!!!!!!!!!!!