Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11 >
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

• May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

Old 05-15-2011, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
    And I was thrilled to know that old Q mags would make someone happy! I hadn't thought about old stuff just new quilting stuff! LOL I have tons of them! so for quite awhile my SPs will be getting old mags!! :lol: :lol:
    Old quilting mags are a great swap item!!! I would love to check some out.. It is amazing what we can come up with, with help from this board!! Love the swaps and that personal HUG!
    Old 05-15-2011, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by candi
    Originally Posted by tangledthread
    On my way to the post office, expressing south!! Fantastic pckages so far, hold on SP yours is on the way!
    Like south to Florida? :mrgreen:
    Maybe south to NC???? smiling
    Old 05-15-2011, 12:24 PM

i might have a problem it dont tell me if she got the package

Label/Receipt Number: EG91 6587 552U S
    Guaranteed Delivery Date/Time: May 13, 2011, 3:00 PM
    Class: Express Mail®

We attempted to deliver your item at 12:37 pm on May 13, 2011 in BONITA SPRINGS, FL 34135 and a notice was left because an authorized recipient was not available. You may arrange redelivery by visiting www.usps.com/redelivery or calling 800-ASK-USPS, or may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice. If this item is unclaimed after five days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Notice Left (No Authorized Recipient Available), May 13, 2011, 12:23 pm, BONITA SPRINGS, FL 34135
    Out for Delivery, May 13, 2011, 10:00 am, BONITA SPRINGS, FL 34135
    Sorting Complete, May 13, 2011, 9:50 am, BONITA SPRINGS, FL 34135
    Arrival at Post Office, May 13, 2011, 8:38 am, BONITA SPRINGS, FL 34135
    Processed through Sort Facility, May 13, 2011, 7:35 am, FORT MYERS, FL 33913
    Processed through Sort Facility, May 12, 2011, 1:38 pm, FRESNO, CA 93706
    Acceptance, May 12, 2011, 9:05 am, FRESNO, CA 93725
    Old 05-15-2011, 01:03 PM

I'm going to have to give kudos to the USPS for a speedy delivery of my SP's package! When I mailed it out Parcel Post, they said delivery would be on Tuesday. Turned out she got it yesterday! Whee!
    Old 05-15-2011, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Vicki W
    Today, I got a great deal on some old quilt magazines (1980s and 1990s) I got them for me, but would someone else like a couple slid into their SP package?
    I think that would be great to add to a SP package! I know I love looking through and reading any kind and any age quilt magazine. :D
    Old 05-15-2011, 01:21 PM

Aw, shucks, LynnieK, I enjoyed lunch and shop-hopping with you too. Are you having any luck finding stuff in Tn? Are you close to Pigeon Forge, there is some fun stuff up there including a few quilt shops.

I'm saving the flannel we found till next winter, the thought of sewing with it right now makes my skin crawl it's been so hot...
    Oh...lemonade Candi, please, do you still have it with strawberries his month...
    Old 05-15-2011, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by soniboo
    Originally Posted by Vicki W
    Today, I got a great deal on some old quilt magazines (1980s and 1990s) I got them for me, but would someone else like a couple slid into their SP package?
    I think that would be great to add to a SP package! I know I love looking through and reading any kind and any age quilt magazine. :D
    Maybe add it to the list questions:

Would you like to get some refurbished quilt magazines? :lol:

I actually wondered about the jewelry. Hm...since someone had sent a necklace and then the fishy-stuff earrings. Were they added in or was it just sent out of fun?
    Old 05-15-2011, 01:32 PM

The 10 dollars limit i do stick to.I have a very large stash that i collect over the year and buy on sale at great prices something are just one dollar or less. I don't count them as the price because they come out of my stash, i love to give :-D
    Old 05-15-2011, 01:38 PM

I wrote for exactly the opposite reason. I dont want anyone to feel like they have not sent the RIGHT thing. I appreciate what I receive, whenever it is received. On several occassions, I was asked to step up to be an angel to send a package to someone who didnt get one. That was especially rewarding for me to know I could brighten someone elses day. I have met many wonderful people here on this swap since I have been involved. Some have turned into nice friendships. Some have turned into sharing/teacher/student relationship, where both of us have gained sewing knowledge and tips. Please accept my apology if I didn't make myself clear. I enjoy meeting the new people that join each month. When I started swapping last year, there were only 60- 70 of us....Now we have more than doubled that number. Friends meeting friends........

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
    pattis47
    I also wish some people on here would quit worrying about what someone else received.

All I would like to say on this comment is, I don't think any one is worrying about what someone else recieved.

It's just some of us newbies, don't know exactly how this works and when someone says only spend $10.00, well (as for myself) the first time only spent $10.00 and thought we couldn't use our stash and thats how I was reading the rules and then when all these SP packages came in it's like wow!! I'm so embarrass cause I only sent a couple of item's, I'm not expecting, praised or even a thank you, just like to be notified that my package was recieved...I love to give when able too and enjoy the friendships that could be made....So I don't think I join for all the wrong reason!!!! (Sorry if I felt like this was meant for me) but I think your post was just a little harsh!! :-)
    Old 05-15-2011, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
    And I was thrilled to know that old Q mags would make someone happy! I hadn't thought about old stuff just new quilting stuff! LOL I have tons of them! so for quite awhile my SPs will be getting old mags!! :lol: :lol:
    I hope one month I am your SP ... as I would love to have an old Q mag!!!! I think this is a wonderful idea!!!!