Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11 >
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

• May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

Old 05-15-2011, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by SLHughes
    Originally Posted by Rhonda
    And I was thrilled to know that old Q mags would make someone happy! I hadn't thought about old stuff just new quilting stuff! LOL I have tons of them! so for quite awhile my SPs will be getting old mags!! :lol: :lol:
    I hope one month I am your SP ... as I would love to have an old Q mag!!!! I think this is a wonderful idea!!!!
    Dito :D
    Old 05-15-2011, 01:50 PM

I have mailed my SP's pkg on Monday, May 9th to Canada...one of the items she collects is Santa Claus'...I have been concerned and hope it isn't lost...she likes mint chocolates.....hmmmmm...and her last name begins with H.....[/quote]

Hmm ... this sounds like this squishy could be coming to me ... as all of the clues are definitely me!!!

I will be on the lookout and stocking my mail lady hoping she is coming my way ... but if you mailed it on the 9th and it is coming to me ... it may take another week and a half there abouts .... as it usually it takes about 10 - 14 business days.

On another note I just got back from the postal and my SP should be receiving their squishy by Wednesday ... it is not going to far from me and it is in Canada ... so whoever is in Canada be on the look out!!!! :)
    Old 05-15-2011, 01:54 PM

It's nice to know those old magazines would be acceptable. I have a file drawer jammed with them and another shelf jammed. There is a guy in our town who sells at flea markets and he knows I love the old quilt mags. He sells them to me for a dime a piece. So I have plenty to share! I never would have thought to include these. thanks for the idea!!
    Wow Rhonda what a deal you get for each dime, lucky you! :thumbup:
    Old 05-15-2011, 02:19 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by soniboo
    It's nice to know those old magazines would be acceptable. I have a file drawer jammed with them and another shelf jammed. There is a guy in our town who sells at flea markets and he knows I love the old quilt mags. He sells them to me for a dime a piece. So I have plenty to share! I never would have thought to include these. thanks for the idea!!
    Wow Rhonda what a deal you get for each dime, lucky you! :thumbup:
    LOL Dennis is what you could call a hoarder! He had a small shop uptown at one time but now he sells out of his van or at flea markets. He has tons of all kinds of books and magazines.
    Old 05-15-2011, 02:38 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
    pattis47
    I also wish some people on here would quit worrying about what someone else received.

All I would like to say on this comment is, I don't think any one is worrying about what someone else recieved.

It's just some of us newbies, don't know exactly how this works and when someone says only spend $10.00, well (as for myself) the first time only spent $10.00 and thought we couldn't use our stash and thats how I was reading the rules and then when all these SP packages came in it's like wow!! I'm so embarrass cause I only sent a couple of item's, I'm not expecting, praised or even a thank you, just like to be notified that my package was recieved...I love to give when able too and enjoy the friendships that could be made....So I don't think I join for all the wrong reason!!!! (Sorry if I felt like this was meant for me) but I think your post was just a little harsh!! :-)
    You shouldn't feel bad about anything you sent with a good heart. It will be loved and excepted with a thank you. Hopefully it is liked . Doesn't matter how much is sent or the total cost. Just because the post office says a package was delivered doesn't mean it was given to the person. Just like letters sometimes they are delivered but others get it not the right person. That is why some of us worry when the pal doesn't let you know they recieved it. You don't need to put a big praise or thank you out there. a simple got your gift title in a PM works. I personally don't want my pal to not get her swap for the month. I realize things happen and can make it take awhile to let your pal know you got it. Hopr all this is settled and there are no hurt feelings. This is a really fun swap and hope it continues. Mary
    Old 05-15-2011, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Tussymussy
    Originally Posted by Sunflower Girl
    I got my squishie mailed off to my secret pal today! I'll give you a hint -- she lives in merry ole England!
    It's mine, I know it's mine.......... Oh forgot Cannyquilter lives in the north... ok 50/50 it's mine!
    Tussymussy, there have been two postings for packages to England so we could both be lucky. Mine package was posted on Saturday and I left a clue for my SP partner and she guessed straight away, I'll have to make it harder next time.
    Old 05-15-2011, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
    Originally Posted by greenini
    While I can understand life in general getting in the way of an immediate thank you, I'm pretty sure all of us can find a second or two to send a thank you pm to their SP. If you didn't like your package, that's no excuse to not acknowledge that it came, is there? I know our mail lady does some bizarre stuff with our mail and so I'm not 100% sure a delivery confirmation means the package was given to my SP, just that it was delivered somewhere.

I would never dis a package, but I will always acknowledge it got here and thank my SP. I like including a little note about me, who I am, what we do, etc to increase the friendship part.

And no, I would hate to see the swap go away. Even tho this is only my 3rd month at it, I have enjoyed putting together my packages a lot. I have a lot of fun, trying to stay under $10 while pulling things from my stash, from discount stores and places like Harbor Freight, Tuesday Morning and quilt shops with coupons.
    Tell me about the mail lady, I have mail man that keeps leaving other people mail in my box...its like come on maybe one or two time but all the time is unacceptable....
    my mail man was doing that and I called the post master and complained, it hasn't happened in quite a while
    Old 05-15-2011, 04:57 PM

The thing I see really nice about the older magazines, there are a lot of patterns included. :)
    Old 05-15-2011, 04:58 PM

Our mail lady is out and out creepy. She leaves me little "love" notes on my mail, like "no packages today". What??? I want my bills and personal mail in my mail box. I want my packages on my doorstep. Is it really that hard? I have called my local PO and last time the idiot supvr called me back and didn't leave his number and I have to confess *I* lost it and it took me almost an hour to get it the first time...
    Enough about my weird mail lady, on to the nice swap and lovlely swap partners and packages!!
    Old 05-15-2011, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by greenini
    Our mail lady is out and out creepy. She leaves me little "love" notes on my mail, like "no packages today". What??? I want my bills and personal mail in my mail box. I want my packages on my doorstep. Is it really that hard? I have called my local PO and last time the idiot supvr called me back and didn't leave his number and I have to confess *I* lost it and it took me almost an hour to get it the first time...
    Enough about my weird mail lady, on to the nice swap and lovlely swap partners and packages!!
    LOL yeah that would be creepy, love notes!