Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11 >
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

• May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

Old 05-15-2011, 09:04 PM

Wanted to let you know that I will be gone camping and fishing next week. I will be gone Mon the 16th and back Saturday the 20th. So if you send a pm to me please don't think that I am ignoring you or sick or anything. Please play nice while I am gone. I will here tomorrow until later in the afternoon. I will answer any questions on Saturday and update the information regarding the sending and receiving of packages. I will catch a big one for you all
    Old 05-15-2011, 09:26 PM

Enjoy the camping/fishing trip Lori, ahhh it's always nice to get away.
    Old 05-15-2011, 09:32 PM
    Power Poster

Enjoy your trip Lori!! I can taste those fish now! LOL
    Old 05-15-2011, 09:54 PM

Good luck! Hoppin ya catch the big one!!
    Old 05-16-2011, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by greenini
    Our mail lady is out and out creepy. She leaves me little "love" notes on my mail, like "no packages today". What??? I want my bills and personal mail in my mail box. I want my packages on my doorstep. Is it really that hard? I have called my local PO and last time the idiot supvr called me back and didn't leave his number and I have to confess *I* lost it and it took me almost an hour to get it the first time...
    Enough about my weird mail lady, on to the nice swap and lovlely swap partners and packages!!
    LOL, that reminds me of our past mail lady..Loved her to bits, sweet as she could be but, most of the time we would get mail for other people and vise versa..We would end up taking the mail and hand delivering it to them..She also had destroyed our mailbox a couple of times by hitting it..I hated seeing her retire because she was always so sweet and kind but it is nice NOT to get other people's mail and knowing your getting your mail :lol:
    Old 05-16-2011, 02:00 AM

Have fun Lori!! I love to camp just something about the sound of nature.
    Old 05-16-2011, 04:39 AM

Good Morning everyone. Hope you have a wonderful day planned. I just noticed that some people who sent international have been saying it takes 10-14 days. I sent to the Netherlands this month and it arrived in 5 days boy was I surprised. When I tried to track it they wouldn't go any farther then saying it was accepted at my post office. I was so glad to hear from my SP that she had received it. Has anyone else had trouble tracking international mail?
    Old 05-16-2011, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by TFquilter
    Originally Posted by SLHughes
    I have mailed my SP's pkg on Monday, May 9th to Canada...one of the items she collects is Santa Claus'...I have been concerned and hope it isn't lost...she likes mint chocolates.....hmmmmm...and her last name begins with H.....
    Hmm ... this sounds like this squishy could be coming to me ... as all of the clues are definitely me!!!

I will be on the lookout and stocking my mail lady hoping she is coming my way ... but if you mailed it on the 9th and it is coming to me ... it may take another week and a half there abouts .... as it usually it takes about 10 - 14 business days.

On another note I just got back from the postal and my SP should be receiving their squishy by Wednesday ... it is not going to far from me and it is in Canada ... so whoever is in Canada be on the look out!!!! :)
    Yes, it is you!!! I have been waiting patiently for you to see the clues....Okay, well, hopefully you will receive it by the end of next week...I am so excited for you to get your package...and hope you like it...this is like Christmas..:)[/quote]

Yeah!!!! Now I am getting really excited!!!! I will be stalking the mail lady!!! Cant wait!!! :thumbup:
    Old 05-16-2011, 06:05 AM

No bench warming for me this month. I received my parcel from Sharon Anne.

There are brightly colored FQs (much needed), dark chocolate Hersey Kisses, sorry will not share, a threaded needle case, a ring pincushion (which reminds me of the Aurora Borealis), a ButtonMajigs made by Sharon for me personally!

I certainly do not want to forget those erasers (sewing related yet!). I will not share those either. Be sure to check out the Ladybug magnet, it may not show up very well in the photo, but trust me on this, it is adorable. The nicest handwritten card, I just love getting those!

Aurora
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-197729.jpe  
    Old 05-16-2011, 06:19 AM

Lori, do have a great trip, catch us a big 'un....and enjoy it, we'll be fine back here... :lol: