Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11 >
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

• May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

Old 05-16-2011, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by crafty_linda_b
    Originally Posted by JHolm
    Good Morning everyone. Hope you have a wonderful day planned. I just noticed that some people who sent international have been saying it takes 10-14 days. I sent to the Netherlands this month and it arrived in 5 days boy was I surprised. When I tried to track it they wouldn't go any farther then saying it was accepted at my post office. I was so glad to hear from my SP that she had received it. Has anyone else had trouble tracking international mail?
    Jeanne I was sending a package to Canada not long ago (NOT for this swap). My postmaster told me to not bother to spend the extra $ to add the tracking or delivery confirmation. He said once it leaves the US there is no way to track it. The other countries don't do any tracking for US mail. SO it's a waste of $ to put it on the international packages. crafty_linda_b
    I was told the very same thing when I recently mailed my SP's pkg to Canada...I asked for confirmation receipt and was told once it leaves the US, there is no way to track it...
    Old 05-16-2011, 11:08 AM

I wanted to say it took me a while to figure out that a "squishy" is the pkg...and sitting on the bench or bench warming of course is waiting for your pkg to arrive...how did "squishy" originate? Just curious....:)
    Old 05-16-2011, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by TFquilter
    I wanted to say it took me a while to figure out that a "squishy" is the pkg...and sitting on the bench or bench warming of course is waiting for your pkg to arrive...how did "squishy" originate? Just curious....:)
    I think because if you put fabric in an envelope it is squishy the package will be squishable.
    Old 05-16-2011, 11:18 AM

Mailed my SP's package today and it should be zinging past Candi shortly on it's way out of state. :D
    Old 05-16-2011, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by cannyquilter
    Originally Posted by Tussymussy
    Originally Posted by Sunflower Girl
    I got my squishie mailed off to my secret pal today! I'll give you a hint -- she lives in merry ole England!
    It's mine, I know it's mine.......... Oh forgot Cannyquilter lives in the north... ok 50/50 it's mine!
    Tussymussy, there have been two postings for packages to England so we could both be lucky. Mine package was posted on Saturday and I left a clue for my SP partner and she guessed straight away, I'll have to make it harder next time.
    Ah! but the trick is not to cave in and agree that it is them. We are supposed to keep it a secret and our SP on tenterhooks! :XD:
    Old 05-16-2011, 11:55 AM

I have to put my hand up and confess:

I am a late sender offender this month. (Hanging head in shame). I have confessed to Lori and she has forgiven me - but will my SP? S/he is still on the bench.

Not only have I been a bit poorly the last week and not been on the board, but I was also asked to alter a wedding dress. The wedding is next week!

EEEK. It has needed the hem shortening by 3". This meant that the "wings" covering the detachable train needed to be shortened too. The curve on the bottom of the train had to be recut to match the shorter hem.

But she had also put on weight! The back of the bodice would not zip up and there's a gap of 3-4" at the top. So, out came the zip, and a new shorter one inserted to the waist.

The offcut from the hem has been used to cut 50 bias strips that are now rouleax loops and these have been inserted where the rest of the zip was. Phew, just minutes ago I completed threading ribbon through the loops so it is now a corset top!

I am exhausted. So, dear SP, you who loves home made items will get your package a little late. I have made a few things and just need to pop to the shops to get a few other things and then it will wing it's way over the Atlantic to you, taking 5 - 15 days to arrive. The last squishie I sent arrived in 5 days, so keeping my fingers crossed.

I was going to give you a clue as to it's final destination, but in the mess and chaos, goodness alone knows where I have put your details. Hunt to begin now :oops:

Me thinks I need a lie down in a darkened room to recover................

PS will post a photo of THE dress when I get one - it is gorgeous. 8-)
    Old 05-16-2011, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by soniboo
    Mailed my SP's package today and it should be zinging past Candi shortly on it's way out of state. :D
    Ah, so now, I am watching two packages, yours and Terryl's, zipping by. Good thingI got a great package today, or I would have been Sooooo jealous :mrgreen:
    Old 05-16-2011, 12:38 PM
    Power Poster

Candi Love the lilacs fabric. Tussy mussy the dress sounds beautiful. Glad your going to post a photo. Lori relax and have a good time fishing. Mary
    Old 05-16-2011, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by soniboo

It doesn't pass by me on it's way out of the state? I feel sew left out :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
    Old 05-16-2011, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by wanderingcreek
    I keep seeing all these packages going across the US to all the different states. Is anyone sending any north of the border to us Canadians?
    My pkg. went out of the USA just not to Canada. :-D