Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11 >
  • May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

• May Secret Pal Swap Sign Up Closed 5-2-11

Old 05-17-2011, 08:12 PM

I have so much enjoyed this. I have never done anything like this before, so yes I am very excited. Once I get my package from my SP I will be more excited. I don't care what it is or how much it cost, I am just excited to be doing something like this.

I have already starting purchasing things for next month. Can't wait until we start this all over again.

I am just sitting here on the bench with a glass of lemonade, does anyone have any Peanut Butter Cookies around here anywhere?

Yum Yum
    Verna2197
    Old 05-17-2011, 08:30 PM

I haven't heard from my Sp She received it Monday.
    Label/Receipt Number: 0310 3200 0000 0510 9862
    Expected Delivery Date: May 17, 2011
    Class: Priority Mail®
    Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was delivered at 3:19 pm on May 16, 2011 in MECHANICSVILLE, VA 23116.

Detailed Results:

Delivered, May 16, 2011, 3:19 pm, MECHANICSVILLE, VA 23116
    Arrival at Post Office, May 16, 2011, 10:07 am, MECHANICSVILLE, VA 23116
    Processed through Sort Facility, May 15, 2011, 8:44 pm, SANDSTON, VA 23150
    Acceptance, May 14, 2011, 9:54 am, BRIDGEPORT, OH 43912
    Old 05-17-2011, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by verna2197
    I have so much enjoyed this. I have never done anything like this before, so yes I am very excited. Once I get my package from my SP I will be more excited. I don't care what it is or how much it cost, I am just excited to be doing something like this.

I have already starting purchasing things for next month. Can't wait until we start this all over again.

I am just sitting here on the bench with a glass of lemonade, does anyone have any Peanut Butter Cookies around here anywhere?

Yum Yum
    Verna2197

I too am patiently waiting for my package, but I think I will wait inside as it has been raining her for the past couple days and I don't want to have a bad hair day.....hehehe

I know how you feel about collecting things for next month. Everytime I go in to a store, I look around for good deals just to see what they have.
    Old 05-18-2011, 01:01 AM

Whoo hoo...Finally the post office sent the delivery confirmation..My Secret Pal did get her package on Monday at 12:18 pm on Monday :thumbup: ..Now I can sit back, relax and get my June SP package going...
    Old 05-18-2011, 01:27 AM

Patiently waiting fo rmy SP package. I can't sit on the bench until later though. I have to go to work. But when I get done I'll stop at the bakery on my way home. Anyone have a special request. I love bavarian cream doughnuts.
    Old 05-18-2011, 02:43 AM

Just checked and my package is now in US customs so they usually keep it about a week, so that means it will be delivered by next Friday. i am starting to put together next month's package so I can get it out earlier as it takes so long to get to its destination.

Don't think I will join the bench until maybe next week as I know it takes as long to get here and I can't afford to eat all the goodies that will be on offer! Eileen
    Old 05-18-2011, 02:56 AM

Any packages heading toward Wisconsin? My anxiety is going higher everyday. I'm not going to sit on the bench today as we are supposed to get rain, again. My biggest thrill is personalizing the SP package. Going to thrift stores looking for just the right item. Going through my stash to see if I have just the right colors to send. It's all so exciting. Maybe I'll join you on the bench if it's not raining tomorrow. Have a great day!
    Old 05-18-2011, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
    I finally got my squishy in the mail today. I'm sorry it got mailed so late. Fortunately my SP is only two states away. Now I could drive there in less than 9 hours, but it will probably take a little longer for the mail.
    OHH, OHH, I only live 2 states away.... Maybe this is me??? :?:
    Old 05-18-2011, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by 3NorwichTerr
    Originally Posted by shawnemily
    I didn't make it to the post office yesterday so I got out of work early today and my SP's pkg is on it's way. It is headed south of me!!

hint hint.... it is going to someone that loves quilting, reading and furbabies. :?: :?: :?: Hmmm..... that could be ME!! :lol:
    Is Ohio south of NY?
    I think Pennsylvania is south of NY maybe it's me
    Old 05-18-2011, 07:37 AM

All this talk about the bench and waiting for our gifts makes me laugh when I picture life from the mailman/woman's point of view when asked how was work today?

....."Well....it was ok except this one strange lady on my route, you know the one I told you about who always has thread in her hair and a rotory cutter in her hand? ....Well lately she has been staring at me through the bushes as I go up to the mailbox. When I leave she runs to her mailbox, opens it up, and then yells cus words at me as I walk away! Well today as soon as I stepped onto her porch I saw her peering through a gap in the curtains. She flung the door open, grabbed my mailbag, rummaged through it, screamed NO!!!, and then threw herself down crying and beating her fists on the ground! I told you those quilters are a strange bunch!"........

LOL :)