Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II >
  • MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

• MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

Old 10-01-2011, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by MadeinMaine
    Hi friends - I am feverishly working on the October partners. Will have them posted before the weekend is over. Thanks for your patience!
    Enjoy your weekend.
    shirley
    Thank you for your work! Really glad you're doing it, I'm so excited to get started. :D
    Old 10-01-2011, 08:03 AM

Thanks to Clr for my extra august swap. I love my raggedy ann blocks...love my vegas fabric too.... my husband actually booked us a trip there oct. 21st for our 16th wedding anniversary.... Not sure where the five kids are going, but we are going to vegas....lol. Hope your block made its way to you. Here is what I send you.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-264751.jpe  
    Old 10-01-2011, 08:39 AM

Has anyone heard from Quiltinghiker? I sent P.M.s to make sure she got blocks. Mailed about a month ago, and have heard nothing.
    Old 10-01-2011, 09:27 AM

Robert, those Santas are wonderful!
    Old 10-01-2011, 09:46 AM

Jean and Tammy
    Thank you both so much for my Beautiful Butterflies. They are going to fit into my quilt just perfect. Mainewoods Mammie

From MsGrace July Block
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]264831[/ATTACH]

From FrenchKnot--Sept Block
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]264832[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-264778.jpe   attachment-264779.jpe  
    Old 10-01-2011, 12:42 PM

I received my September block last night. I ahve been busy quilting and trying to behave and stay off the foot that I just now got to it. Here is a photo of it. I love it. Very nicely pieced.

Vicki made this Moneky Wrench
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]264899[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-264846.jpe  
    Old 10-01-2011, 12:44 PM

Here is a little of something that I helped quilt. It is a friends quilt and it is her second one. I had a blast finishing it for her and think she did a nice job herself. It is a quilt we made in our round robin from our quilt guild.

Whole quilt made by six differnt people
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]264903[/ATTACH]

Quilted in roses on all four corners of center. two hours to cut those roses out.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]264904[/ATTACH]

My favorite applique I did. I had the applique round on this quilt. Did little leaves in the tiny borders.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]264905[/ATTACH]

Not bad on her leaves for second time.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]264906[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-264850.jpe   attachment-264851.jpe   attachment-264852.jpe   attachment-264853.jpe  
    Old 10-01-2011, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
    Here is a little of something that I helped quilt. It is a friends quilt and it is her second one. I had a blast finishing it for her and think she did a nice job herself. It is a quilt we made in our round robin from our quilt guild.
    wow...love it!
    Old 10-01-2011, 05:13 PM
    cjr

Girlscouts1, Thank you Thank you. I absolutelty LOVE LOVE LOVE your block. Thank you for posting it. it came today. Our envelopes must have crossed paths somewhere, Beautiful work.
    there is all kinds of work on it. The tiny 2" x 2" barn quilt is pieced. That just amazes me, how perfectly it is done. Silo roof is appliqued.
    I grew up outside Erie PA in farm community. So I really appreciate the barn. Last time we were back many that we knew as growing up are fallen more in disrepair and unused. So sad, we have lost an important part of our cuture. Most farms we knew were around 40 acres,. referred to as truck farms. When we first moved to the west the term ranch was used then a new term, called a section. I honestly did not know what the term a section meant till we moced to NM 30+ years ago.

A very special thank you to all of you who still are farmers. The rest of the USA could not survive with out you.
    Old 10-01-2011, 05:18 PM

Glad you like it... was so worried...lol. The land our house is on used to be a farm and they sold the land about 16 years ago to a developer..... there is about 75 houses now on the land.... we bought the house from the first owner two years ago.... we do have neighbor farms though that we can buy fresh produce from still though. Love the fresh stuff.... Enjoy your block and would love to swap again..... thanks

Originally Posted by cjr
    Girlscouts1, Thank you Thank you. I absolutelty LOVE LOVE LOVE your block. Thank you for posting it. it came today. Our envelopes must have crossed paths somewhere, Beautiful work.
    there is all kinds of work on it. The tiny 2" x 2" barn quilt is pieced. That just amazes me, how perfectly it is done. Silo roof is appliqued.
    I grew up outside Erie PA in farm community. So I really appreciate the barn. Last time we were back many that we knew as growing up are fallen more in disrepair and unused. So sad, we have lost an important part of our cuture. Most farms we knew were around 40 acres,. referred to as truck farms. When we first moved to the west the term ranch was used then a new term, called a section. I honestly did not know what the term a section meant till we moced to NM 30+ years ago.

A very special thank you to all of you who still are farmers. The rest of the USA could not survive with out you.