Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II >
  • MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

• MONTHLY QUILTING BEE BLOCK SWAP - Version II

Old 10-12-2011, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
    Here is my September partner block I received. Not sure if I posted it. My October partner's block I sent to her.
    I recieved your block too, not sure if I posted it. What an amazing first attempt at the block. Thanks.
    Old 10-13-2011, 02:10 AM

Robert so glad to see you back~ We've so missed you! It's not the same here without our Roberto Fabulosa! Love the Santa block now don't go over doing it, take it slow!

I've been busy designing my flower garden quilt. So many lovely blocks to choose from I have enough to make 2 quilts! Yeah Did you know some flowers don't play well with others? I think its because they are all beautiful and all want to be center of attention. I keep whispering to them to get along because I am not making 20 wall hangings! LOL

here's what has sprouted so far!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]270471[/ATTACH]

lots more!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]270474[/ATTACH]

& more!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]270478[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-270418.jpe   attachment-270421.jpe   attachment-270425.jpe  
    Old 10-13-2011, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
    Here is my September partner block I received. Not sure if I posted it. My October partner's block I sent to her.
    Beautiful blocks! That chocolate brown fabric looks like real chocolate with blue sprinkles so shiny! Makes me almost smell chocolate! Yummo!
    Old 10-13-2011, 03:58 AM

Beautiful blocks everyone. I love seeing all the different pictures, it gives me inspiration.
    Old 10-13-2011, 06:08 AM

Another Xmas quilt top finished ready to quilt. Because its made with alot & I mean alot of blue jeans, even the soccer ball is from jeans & the front & back are both pieced from jeans with the batting its heavy. I think I am going to hand tie this using red/black/white yarns & just stich in the ditch around the blocks. It's going to be a very heavy quilt. Any suggestions? It would really be hard to machine quilt this.

front
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]270557[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-270504.jpe  
    Old 10-13-2011, 06:09 AM

Another Xmas quilt top finished ready to quilt. Because its made with alot & I mean alot of blue jeans, even the soccer ball is from jeans & the front & back are both pieced from jeans with the batting its heavy. I think I am going to hand tie this using red/black/white yarns & just stich in the ditch around the blocks. It's going to be a very heavy quilt. Any suggestions? It would really be hard to machine quilt this.

front
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]270558[/ATTACH]

soccor ball applique
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]270559[/ATTACH]

backside
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]270560[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-270505.jpe   attachment-270506.jpe   attachment-270507.jpe  
    Old 10-13-2011, 06:29 AM

Renae, I see mine, I see mine!! Such pretty colors in all of them.[img]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/2uge4p4.gif[/img]

Your blocks are gorgeous, love the colors of your borders around them all. How perfect for your granddaughter's quilt. She will love it. [img]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/balloons.gif[/img]
    Jigs1354

Originally Posted by Morningcoffeegal
    Robert so glad to see you back~ We've so missed you! It's not the same here without our Roberto Fabulosa! Love the Santa block now don't go over doing it, take it slow!

I've been busy designing my flower garden quilt. So many lovely blocks to choose from I have enough to make 2 quilts! Yeah Did you know some flowers don't play well with others? I think its because they are all beautiful and all want to be center of attention. I keep whispering to them to get along because I am not making 20 wall hangings! LOL
    Old 10-13-2011, 06:45 AM

WOW!!!! Renae, kiddo you've been very busy haven't you. That is darling. Yes, hand tie it would be easier. I don't think a home sewing machine could pull it through the feed dogs even to stitch around the blocks I think it would skip. You would need a heavy duty machine to do it on. Maybe try by hand going around certain blocks. Not every one but a few on each row. Do a running stitch and keep uneven stitches that would fit very well with the jean fabrics you used. That would make it more rustic looking in keeping with the fabrics used. On some of the blocks you could go around the inside/outside, then on some do a big X from corner to corner. Outline something in the different blocks would look very nice too. I would keep it very country looking. There are all kinds of stitching you could do.
    I like it very much, great job! [img]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/congratualtions.gif[/img] Jigs1354

Originally Posted by Morningcoffeegal
    Old 10-13-2011, 07:55 AM

Hand tie is the easiest way with denim, unless you put in a real sturdy needle and only go in the ditch or in the centers of your blocks. I would not put any batting in if you did use machine, unless longarm and size 20 needle.
    Old 10-13-2011, 08:03 AM

Did you recoginize the center fabric, holly and Bow. LOL

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew
    OH MY Robert - another beauty.... Thanks so much...Now please take care of yourself, think of you'all daily.

Jean