• Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll >
  • Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll

• Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll

Old 10-30-2013, 12:39 AM
    Power Poster

I am also getting anxious folks.
    Old 10-30-2013, 04:14 AM

I love the pink baby girl blocks and I am waiting anxiously to see who my next partner is, but I will stay in contact with Robert. I do hope the ladies who have not heard from their partners aren't stood up, it would be terrible to see someone ruin the fun. Jean, please let me know if I can help if you get in a pinch. .
    Old 10-30-2013, 06:48 AM

Friends, send your good vibes to our fabulous Roberto, just home from the hospital. And hugs to the caretakers!!
    Old 10-30-2013, 07:00 AM

Roberto wishing you a speedy recovery and all the good things that come with it

tick tock tick tock two more days til the next swap hope to get whipping that up in no time. Question do most people do two or more blocks for each other ? I know its a swap for one block (think I know this) but is two the norm? just want to be politically correct with each other and not be the newbie who is in the dark..
    Old 10-30-2013, 07:09 AM

Brat, only one block is the norm. It's between the two of you if you want to do two, but not usually done that way. I sent you two bc I had the poinsettia started for you until you said you didn't want applique bc you didn't 'trust' it in a quilt - so I did the other block and just sent the poinsettia anyway.. ;o)

Robert, what did I tell you about taking care? Not fair -
    prayers for a speedy recovery. Mucho HUGS..

Last edited by Oksewnsew; 10-30-2013 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Addition
    Old 10-30-2013, 11:58 AM

Hey everyone! It's been a week so far for me! lol Is it over yet? My dd and dgs are visiting this week? Hubby and I are used to being just the two of us so I just haven't rested. Although I have enjoyed having them! Ran out to get hubbies hair cut and mine washed and arranged! lol I have a spiral perm and that's all this is required! Love it!

I haven't been able to sew much, although both my partners have received their blocks from me, I have receive one and waiting on the second one.

Can't wait to see what next month brings....maybe I'll finally get to partner with Robert! Hint! Hint! Hint!

It's such fun to meet people for everywhere, I have belonged to groups for years and just can't tell you the joy of quilters friendship!

Just wanted to chat a bit!

Hugs,
    Cajun
    Old 10-30-2013, 12:37 PM

Robert, hope you are recovering and getting stronger! Take care. I would just like my November partner to know that I am traveling and don't always have internet access, but will be home by Nov. 10. I'll try to get to a library before that, but don't know if I will be able to do so.
    Old 10-30-2013, 03:43 PM

November will be my first swap. I know I need to PM with my partner but I thought I'd toss my "theme" out there and also I posted it on the community page.

I would like to have a "basket" assortment of blocks. I would love to have a white on white background for the blocks if possible. Each month's block "could" go with what most people think that "month" represents.

Here's a link to a sample quilt to show how cool the assortment could end up.
    http://stannequilting.blogspot.com/2...ilt-by-bm.html

I'm really looking forward to this swap and hope I can make each of ya proud.
    Old 10-30-2013, 10:21 PM
    Power Poster

I am looking forward to it, and hope everyone will be easy on me since this is my first time too. I just happened to think that I don't even have a theme yet. I guess I better start thinking of one.
    Old 10-31-2013, 04:13 AM

JuneBillie, I didn't have a theme in mind either, I asked for a block out of one of my favorite fabrics, civil wars. My partner, lucky me, was Roberto. He sent me three beautiful blocks, black, white with just hints of red and then sent me some of the most beautiful embroidered blocks you will ever hope to see - simply because he is a wonderful, thoughtful person. I originally sent him two blocks, one civil war paper pieced and one English paper pieced, hand done and appliqued to a background fabric. I also ended up making him, at his request, 2 more paper pieced stars so we had a fabulous month. Anyone who gets Robert as a partner is in for a rare treat.

Now I think I have adopted a theme of just scrappy blocks of the makers choice and I think I will ask them to sign them with permanent ink, including their city and state so I will also have a memory quilt. I think I will end up with a very special quilt.