Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll >
  • Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll

• Monthly Quilting Bee-Version lll

Old 01-24-2014, 06:10 AM

thank you guys! it is so much more fun to celebrate with others! other great news: my daughter was gifted a certificate to come see me. Her friends save money for a tithe as per their religious beliefs. They said they wanted to gift to her some so she can come see me as she has been so sad about not seeing momma. I think they are marvelous to do this and I think its beyond marvelous I get to see my girl. She is a true momma's girl. Momma can you get me this? Momma can you make me this? momma will you rub my ankles, play with my hair .. momma lol. She is 22. Trying so hard at being a grown up and still a kid inside. Remember those days? I am so lucky. Mom and I had not a so great relationship she didn't want girls and she was not happy to have them. Heck she let the doctor name me that is how unhappy she was I wasn't a boy. So its wonderful to have a great relationship with your kids I think. Too bad my own mother missed out on all this stuff. I am making up for it double time
    Old 01-24-2014, 09:17 PM

Brat Happy for you, hope you get it soon, praying for you
    Old 01-25-2014, 07:21 AM

French fry I have your block! need to photo it and post it be patient its coming! thank you so much adorable little red and white prints! you a wonderful heart block for me! thanks again!
    Old 01-25-2014, 10:26 AM

What a gift from above. We have a friend at church that finally got his double lung transplant and he is doing fabulouso.
    We almost lost him 3 times. Finally the DOC called the family in and our pastor and said there's nothing else we can do. It's time to make your preperations. Jeromes's son in law said "yes there is something we can do. We can Pray". And guess what happened. The next day the doc came in and had to eat his words. He came home last tuesday. Let me know when you get the call and I'll have our church family pray for you too.
    Robert
    Old 01-25-2014, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat
    I MADE THE TRANSPLANT LIST FOR COLORADO!!!! oh yeah oh yeah Brat is one happy camper let me share that with you. What a wonderful absolutely grand phone call was that? BEYOND the best. oh such grand news wanted to let the world know as loud as I could. sorry for yelling
    So happy for you friend.........clapping in joy! and smiling cuz prayer works!
    Old 01-25-2014, 07:49 PM

It is good to hear about these lung transplants! My 18 year old grandson has a friend that was shot two weeks ago. Bullet hit shoulder and bone made it turn and go down through the lung and lodge in the liver. He is not doing well and they are talking about removing lung! I want to tell them to research transplant. Boys playing with guns! Glad grandson gas more sense! Pray for JOJoo please"

hugs,
    Betty
    Old 01-26-2014, 07:53 AM

he can do without one or part of a lung its not great but maybe easier than a transplant your body wants to reject those for the rest of your life. taking meds 16 prescriptions a day for life. a bit tough on a kid I will pray he heals well and am so sad to hear that story.

Roberto thanks I am excited and counting the days trust me

oksewnsew how many players do we have each month out of curiosity. and what are your themes everyone?
    Old 01-26-2014, 11:10 AM
    Power Poster

Elisabrat, my theme for awhile will be a pieced block within a pink purple spectrum of colors, with bits of anything else of whites, greens added in etc. is fine too. Also I like tiny prints, florals or other, and any solids too as whatever one has. I am not picky, just adding all I can so the special person has a lot to pick from.
    Old 01-26-2014, 12:33 PM

Tqualley, I finished your block this morning. I'm happy to post a picture if you'd like... it'll be in the mail tomorrow.
    Old 01-26-2014, 12:44 PM

Yeah, I got my blocks from Natasha in Australia. Here are some pics. My theme is "Swappers Favorite". They can do what ever is their favorite blocks. Natasha knows Cathy and I real well. Paris Yahoo and Christmas yeah.
    And a beautiful Calendar of Australia and a cute key change. I just love to do international swaps you really get to know our world out there.
    Thanks Natasha!
    Roberto
    Attached Thumbnails sdc10001.jpg   sdc10003.jpg  

Last edited by rfbrazell; 01-26-2014 at 12:48 PM.