Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Mug Rug Swap! Febs Green White Cream mug rugs! sign up closes Feb 1st >
  • Mug Rug Swap! Febs Green White Cream mug rugs! sign up closes Feb 1st

• Mug Rug Swap! Febs Green White Cream mug rugs! sign up closes Feb 1st

Old 02-10-2015, 05:47 PM
    Power Poster

Louise, I'm glad to hear you are not paying for your daughter's party. If she wasn't close enough to her own parents to let them know when she got married, then she has no right to ask you to give her a party. She's finding out just how "delicate" her own parents are, too... ha ha! Sounds like you are a mama with a good backbone.

And you are right too, Kif... just say 'no' to your bridezilla! It can be hard, tho.
    Old 02-10-2015, 05:59 PM
    Banned

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Guess that I didn't remember to say the two youngest
    girls are my stepdaughters. But since their dad & I have
    been together/married for 14/12 years and consider them
    as my own.
    Old 02-10-2015, 05:59 PM

Ok both my partners have gotten their rugs now and I'm dying to share pics so I am gonna go ahead and share em!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]509658[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]509659[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
    Old 02-10-2015, 06:21 PM

Wow, Vita! Is this your own design? You did marvelous work here. My DH would call this a galaxy! What was your inspiration?
    Old 02-10-2015, 06:25 PM

Vitality you made the greatest and most unique mugrugs! I could have never in my wildest dreams come up with that design. Wish I was one of the lucky recipients.
    Old 02-10-2015, 06:41 PM
    Power Poster

On my photos, they charged us $250 to come take photos, they put them on the computer. I went to the library and used photo paper and printed them out for free!!!

Vita. love your zentangle. out of this world quilting. turely awesome.

My cousin is getting married in august. I think the wedding is more important than the guy. I don't know anymore. they get so wrapped up in things. Daddy''s paying mentality. My stepfather...I didn't want himthere. that caused a big family thing, but why invite your abuser to something that's a happy event. I was told to overlook it. yeah right?
    Old 02-10-2015, 07:32 PM

Thanks guys… Yes, this was my own design. It's raw edged appliquéd pieces. I just attached them in free motion with invisible thread and then did the quilting in different colored threads. I should have picked lighter thread for the one on the dark green circles cuz you can't see the quilting in those areas but live and learn. My inspiration was glass marbles..
    Old 02-10-2015, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Vitality
    Thanks guys… Yes, this was my own design. It's raw edged appliquéd pieces. I just attached them in free motion with invisible thread and then did the quilting in different colored threads. I should have picked lighter thread for the one on the dark green circles cuz you can't see the quilting in those areas but live and learn. My inspiration was glass marbles..
    Vita, I am in awe of you. You are a true Artiste!
    Old 02-11-2015, 04:01 AM

Lovely mug rugs, Vita!
    Old 02-11-2015, 05:17 AM

Very cool design Vita! you see beautiful concepts on here each and every time. Told you! variety is the spice of life! fun quilting btw.

ok bridzillas. I had a simple wedding, 100 people in a tiny catholic church the first time. We contacted the church as to who was having their weddings there that day and two other girls were. I worked with them so we all used the same flowers in neutral tones so it worked with all our weddings and the cost was split three ways. my dress I found in a tiny bridal shop, 350. which for 1984 was a lot. I paid for that thing for four months by my self. My mom was a middle class widow she did not have money for that. I paid for my bridesmades dresses (they were my sisters) and I was making 8.50 an hour .. not getting rich fast.. We took a marvelous honeymoon to New Zealand and Hawaii and was great. I know her father spent a lot of money on her stepsisters wedding therein setting the budget at a higher mark than most would imagine. She feels she is not the stepdaughter therefore... you know things get pretty mixed up quick hence why I want to stay out of it. Not my money not my issue lol. I had one simple wedding after that married on the rocks by the river by a judge in Yosemite. my family only. We wore jeans and white blouses or shirts and purple and white flowers .. loved that wedding much more. it was where we wanted to be .. too bad that one didn't work either lol! loved me not the kids and well as a mama bear.. that didn't work. Now almost 11 years into a "new" relationship I am happy just being. not married is fine. Its not what holds you together. try to teach that to a 24 yr old this is forever type girl. dream weddings, just like tv or on the internet which is just as bad when it comes to ideas... and a dream honeymoon to Italy and Greece (why both don't ask me) are not what makes a marriage. love and foundation of similar goals and desires do. sigh. kids! going to this wedding is beyond my physical abilities period. not because of want. (though that is close to it lol) but it would probably hospitalize me at this point and well I aint going there! ok enough about drama (I sure don't care for drama btw).

getting some ideas sent in to me on what next months theme is.. if you want to send in your one idea please do. grand prize a secret til you receive it!