Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Mug Rug Swap! Febs Green White Cream mug rugs! sign up closes Feb 1st >
  • Mug Rug Swap! Febs Green White Cream mug rugs! sign up closes Feb 1st

• Mug Rug Swap! Febs Green White Cream mug rugs! sign up closes Feb 1st

Old 02-12-2015, 04:00 AM

Cute mug rugs, Jaba!

Kiffie -- my gown is hanging in the closet as well. Of course, I'm hoping one of my daughters will wear it ... someday ... but it's really Victorian-looking, which was it's appeal to me. Not too sure the girls will agree with me on that!

In the early years of our marriage, friends of ours gave their daughter, who was living with her boyfriend for quite a long while, a huge wedding. Six months after the wedding, they were separated & divorced. And her parents were still paying for that wedding! We knew then that would never be us!
    Old 02-12-2015, 05:30 AM

I have got a great idea! instead of the parents going on a babymoon WE go on a babymoon. Come one, everyone knows how much love and care that grandparents put into their grandbabies so we should be gifted a vacation before the work begins.. AGAIN for us! we could start a new trend! ok fine we will just get to love those babies from home and that will be a gift enough . sheesh! ok rather go fabric shopping Lynnie your right. my how times have changed is all I can say about that.

love the mug rug! it fit the theme perfectly and all those extra little gifts? wow. Those are some packages being sent out ... again.

because I am a nutbar I am doing a row robin quilt in block of the months starting next month so if interested keep your eyes open and feel free to jump on over and join that too! not to hard to do and no applique required. We did a block of the month last year medallion quilt that was fun to do with lots of beautiful quilts to show for last year. Jaba and I did two choices each month for the group to chose and some chose their own design for that round so we had a great variety of quilts. This time will be no different. I will post one idea per month. One color round per month so its not too crazy. Hope you consider joining the gang when we start on that new adventure!

are you getting close to wondering what we will be making next month? I have received only four guesses as to what we will be doing. There is a prize for the one who gets it right. If you want to play send me a PM with your one thought on what the theme will be. Next week during sign ups I will announce the winner (s) and send off your gift asap! yippee! yahoo! its going to be fun!
    Old 02-12-2015, 06:36 AM

Brat, what are the "hints" to guess on for the mystery theme?
    Old 02-12-2015, 09:05 AM

Jaba,
    Love the lil leprechaun mug rugs, don't know how I overlooked them..

Brat, great idea that we grandparents go on the "moon vacay"!
    And as you said it 1st, I feel not too bad agreeing with "You're a nutbar" on starting the round robin swap. Though as I've never done a row robin, who am I to judge?? Well, I guess technically I'm Kiffie..lol

I'm with Patchesnposies...hints bring forth hints please!!

K
    Old 02-13-2015, 07:21 AM

I'm off to Joann's and meeting a friend for lunch at Panera Bread. Joann's is having a President's Day sale starting today and there is a 20% off total purchase coupon online if you don't get their flyer. Happy shopping!!!
    Old 02-13-2015, 07:34 AM

sunshine. that is your hint. its a broad one however nothing is easy what can I say? lol

Kiffie I always start with I am a nutbar this way it gives me large room for error and crazy ideas. In my house when I look at Steve and say I have an idea! he almost runs from the room lol. He usually replies with OH GOD, what NOW? see I am full of good ideas. full of them. Just ask him. Usually its not too bad but I admit sometimes I am way out there. I am ok with this I just thought doing a row robin for myself would accomplish a goal of making a quilt for a very special friend. she has been with me since 3rd grade and the only thing I have ever made her was an apron I know wow.. an apron. so a lap quilt for her is in the cards. might as well have fun and do it with other people. it keeps you working hard at keeping up. and 5 blocks is more than enough to do what I need and its once a month and it gives me time to do other things also during the month. I like to flit from project to project.

cant wait to see some more pictures. any sneak peaks??
    Old 02-13-2015, 09:20 AM

OOOh! Sunshine! Photosynthesis! Flowers! Seeds! Yellow! Gardens! Rainbows! Warmth! Beach! Ocean!

Ok. Too much coffee.
    Old 02-13-2015, 10:19 AM

Default Received my mugrugs from Jaba

Jaba thanks so much for the chocolate and both the cute little leprechaun mugrugs! I am hoping to finish yours over the weekend and get it mailed I'm sorry I'm so behind!
    Attached Thumbnails 100_2800.jpg  
    Old 02-13-2015, 10:20 AM

I am mailing my package to Whigrose today. Just have to drop it off in the box. Yahoo!

I love seeing what you girls have been making for each other. Super cute mugrugs and goodies ladies!
    Old 02-13-2015, 11:33 AM

Got my mug rug from psychomomquilter! Thank you for the cheerful mug rug, pretty FQ and candy and sewing kit!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]509990[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg