Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Mug Rug Swap! Febs Green White Cream mug rugs! sign up closes Feb 1st >
  • Mug Rug Swap! Febs Green White Cream mug rugs! sign up closes Feb 1st

• Mug Rug Swap! Febs Green White Cream mug rugs! sign up closes Feb 1st

Old 02-13-2015, 01:54 PM

I just got back from the Post office a few minutes ago. Sewbizgirl, I mailed off my package to you. PO says it should be there on Tuesday since they are closed for holiday on Monday, so be on the lookout. I hope you like it.

Love all the wedding stories. I cannot wrap my mind around all of the expense some go to for a wedding and reception. That money would go a long way towards a downpayment on a home. Mine was in 1963. We married in the church with only close family and then a small reception at my parents home. Did not go on a honeymoon, but I did take off work for one week. The marriage lasted for 28 days shy of our 47 year anniversary when my husband passed away.
    Old 02-13-2015, 03:48 PM

Eee gads! I am the only player left dancing in the outfield?

Honestly, I feel terrible for not having my partner's MR completed and package mailed, but if you could just see the darling 16 month old face, and hear his giggle when he comes to play at Nami and Papa's, you'd understand. But he isn't the only distraction.

I have actually made two mug rugs, well, the tops, and just am not satisfied with either of them; seems I cannot settle on a color combination that pleases me enough to be worthy for a partner. Have no fear, I will persevere and create something and her package will be on its way- on, or before, the deadline date. After that, I believe I will bow out from this swap. I feel such guilt not being able to pump something out right away. That said, we are fortunate to have such an active social life, impromptu visits from our daughters, and lots of time with our precious gs.

It's so much fun to see all the creative pieces put together for partners. This is a great swap with wonderful folks.

Best,
    deb in Maine-where we are expecting 12-24" of snow tomorrow/Sunday on top of the already 3 1/2 feet in our yard.

Last edited by Whigrose; 02-13-2015 at 03:54 PM.
    Old 02-13-2015, 04:30 PM

glad you liked them vitality
    Old 02-13-2015, 07:11 PM

Whig rose -- don't feel bad. I haven't finished the mug rug I'm making, either, although I am making progress. My swap partner & I are not stressing over it. We have plenty of time & will eventually get things mailed. I was thinking we were the only ones left, but we're okay with that. In the meantime, I'm enjoying all the mug rugs being posted!
    Old 02-13-2015, 07:28 PM

Pamela, I have made good progress on your mug rug, too. I am thinking that I will be ready to mail out when the PO opens again on Tuesday. Shall I hold off until you are ready? I have a couple of other things I need to do/get and I am fine with waiting. Let me know!
    Old 02-13-2015, 08:00 PM

NO Stress my FEB MUG RUG isn't complete yet either....Been at the hospital every day this week visiting my siter. She got home today... been a long week and little sewing got done. HOWEVER, my MR will be done and out on Tuesday next week the 17th.
    Old 02-13-2015, 08:19 PM

I will be finishing up mug rug next week and will mail to my partner.
    Old 02-13-2015, 08:43 PM

My March MR is done and waiting for some more goodies. I am waiting for March 1st to send it. I am just that way.
    Old 02-13-2015, 10:09 PM

Whigrose,
    According to the hostess rules, as long as it's mailed out by the deadline, everything is fine.
    I know there are some who have them made in advance, some who wait to see what their partner wants, some who mail out on deadline day, and a variety of in-betweens. Each way seems like it's worked so far..lol

I like to wait and see what my partner wants, to try and personalize it, but that's just me...I always say if we were a the same, how dull this world would be...

Lastly, I have a 5 yr old granddaughter and a 14 month old grandson, and you don't have to explain anything to me about those faces or giggles..They're amazing!!

Regards,
    Kif
    Old 02-14-2015, 05:25 AM
    Power Poster

Sewred, those are adorable mug rugs made by Jaba! More leprechauns! Too cute.