Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Mug Rug Swap! Febs Green White Cream mug rugs! sign up closes Feb 1st >
  • Mug Rug Swap! Febs Green White Cream mug rugs! sign up closes Feb 1st

• Mug Rug Swap! Febs Green White Cream mug rugs! sign up closes Feb 1st

Old 02-15-2015, 03:51 AM

I sure feel sorry for that guy, and why doesn't he have a hat on? I lived in Kansas many moons ago so I know how you feel. stay warm!!
    Old 02-15-2015, 03:59 AM

hey everyone, wonder if this is the worst snow storn for the northern parts? wow they are really getting "punched" .well, NC is cold, and looks like we may get a bit. but y'know these people go crazy when they see a flake, I am sorry this is a former midwestern speaking. I laugh about it, half the time they predict and nothing happens, schools will be closed probably this next few days because of the threat of sleet & snow. And I have things to do tomorrow.But I do plan to get out and do whats gotta be done. awww, sorry, kind of ranting this morning. Not going to church cause of this bug I have, coughing, and so weak! anyway everyoine have a great day,rain,shine or otherwise.

Last edited by Psychomomquilter; 02-15-2015 at 04:01 AM.
    Old 02-15-2015, 08:45 AM

so very sorry to hear about all that bad weather coming your way.. again! We had a dusting last night only an inch or so. my kids called to wish a happy valentines day and they live in CA. They went to the beach for the day. it was 81. OMG. some times.. its hard to not be envious of that kind of weather. My friend in Modesto, CA said it was high 80's yesterday. gardened all day long .. wow a bit early to garden around here. everyones lawn is dorment, you don't plant things til the last snow. last year that was in June. short grow season. I miss some parts of CA and others.. not so much.

Mug rugs are so adorable this month. love it! and you all are so kind to each other that is of massive importance to me, we need to keep things fun and light. some months we receive a better package than others but know this.. the thought was right there with that package. The heart that went into it is a gift you cant buy. I am thankful for the kind and reassuring people here on the board who truly accept their packages with a smile and a good word. thank you all.

I might try to sew today! key wording. think I will cut fabric today how is that? six more blocks I need to do for a swap on facebook I have 6 weeks left but think.. will get them done in two. that is the goal anyways need more white fabric! what happens to that? I am forever and I mean this forever saying I am out of white on white fabric again. you know white snowflakes on white fabric or stars? what the heck happens to all of it? I used to run out of black all the time then realized it was more a headache than a joy with the pets and cat hair flying around. I was rolling and rolling and rolling.. ahhh! I went through more of those little fabric lint rollers than anyone I know. so I started using white more often and now.. I think fabric gnomes come and steal my white fabric right and left. I am forever out of it.

Speaking of fabric that was my wish for valentines day. My romantic man said early yesterday morning.. what do you want for Valentines day if you don't tell me you know me you will get something but probably not what you hoped for. I said 1 yrd of quilt fabric in white on white. just walk in tell them they will pick one for you. he said ok. soooo... last night he came in with a card. inside it was a rainbow kitten (cute in a 5 yr old way) and a 5.00 bill. I looked at him he said sorry couldn't go shopping today so he would get it later. but he did have another gift for me... drum roll please. oh yes recall he works in a gunshop. sells guns all day long. I got a.. brand new.. black and silver.. shiny.. SWITCHBLADE. yup you got it. I got a switchblade. OMG. think back with me to the rabbit head with antlers, the beaver pelt, the raccoon tails and oh the last was a coyote tail.. and the mountain lion foot key chain ring.. gifts I have been given. apparently to him dead things are what I have always hoped for. I said my how .. interesting. why don't you keep this til I can go out with you.. (NEVER). I did give that mountain lion foot back and say I cant have this it makes me seriously too sad. it was sorta.. gross. like them on .. mountain lions personally. But I get his side he thinks they are great gifts. sometimes .. I wish for silly things like.. a yard of fabric. what am I thinking! anyone want a dead critter you just holler I am sure he can get it for you. I have rabbit skins in the shed drying. double joy. thank God for that shed. it was NOT staying in the house. welcome to the wild west. bet you there is not a house in town that doesn't have a hunter or a trophy of some sort. Pray with me no big skins show up that have to be hung like decorations on my walls. and no skunk hats or tails. YIKES.
    Old 02-15-2015, 09:24 AM

Remember brat..it's the thought that counts!! Lol ! I'm forever thankful my hubby is not a hunter..now if he would give up sports!
    Old 02-15-2015, 09:32 AM

"bet you there is not a house in town that doesn't have a hunter or a trophy of some sort. YIKES."

Linda, I lived with a hunter in Wyoming once upon a nightmare ago. I know you are right!!! At least your presents are for you. I used to get new flyfishing rods and camping gear. (That HE wanted.) lol
    Old 02-15-2015, 09:45 AM
    Banned

My hubs got me the "sling" which is something through Dish Network
    (since we no longer have satellite through them) that will let me watch
    my favorite channels like HGTV, Food Network, etc.... I can now watch
    my much missed programs on my iPad or my computer, and laptop.

Romantic? not really, but it IS great because he knows how much I have
    missed watching my "estrogen" tv (that is what he called it).

But I DID get 1 dozen YELLOW roses too. Yes I said yellow! he has NEVER
    bought me red roses mainly because yellow roses are my #1 favorite.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]510321[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails 2015-02-14-11.31.01.jpg  
    Old 02-15-2015, 10:08 AM

Holy cow, Elisabrat ... you really do live in a different world, don't you? I mean, a different part of the country! It always amazes me how large the U.S. is & how people in different parts really do live very differently. LOL. I guess we can't all be New Englanders, right? I got flowers & chocolates & a funny card for Valentine's Day. Tomorrow is my birthday, so there's that to look forward to!
    Old 02-15-2015, 10:21 AM
    Power Poster

I got candy and flowers and a cute card, and tomorrow we go for drumroll....Mongolian beef. my favorite.
    I love jackalope heads. finally found one when Ryan was about 8 and got our picture with it. it's in the living room. the picture, not the head. My dh is pretty good at gifts. but sometimes cheap. I took him to lunch on Friday. drove tohis job, about 35 miles from here and took him out. Had a good time, but we always have a good time together.
    We had a great day and went to see Kingsmen, excellent movie. if you loved men in black and spy movies with gadgets. this movies is for you.
    Old 02-15-2015, 10:50 AM

I got a card from my hubby. His gift is that I quit smoking again. I had quit for 3 years but started up again when my dog was killed by an idiot right in front of me in August. Anyways, I quit again. Today is actually day 4. Cold Turkey, just like I did before.
    Old 02-15-2015, 10:52 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]510328[/ATTACH]
    See what Saturday's afternoon mail can bring to your doorstep

Thank you, thank you, thank you Letsquit/Pat!!! Such a beautiful mug rug and wonderful goodies to boot! How did you know I really needed a new pin cushion and pin card holder (it's a good thing you're trying to get me somewhat organized) - such talent with her embroidery machine! Amongst all this, there were 2 fat quarters (green and purple - favorite colors!), and of course, something to quench my thirst as I quilt away
    Attached Thumbnails img_2160.jpg