Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Mug Rug Swap! Febs Green White Cream mug rugs! sign up closes Feb 1st >
  • Mug Rug Swap! Febs Green White Cream mug rugs! sign up closes Feb 1st

• Mug Rug Swap! Febs Green White Cream mug rugs! sign up closes Feb 1st

Old 02-17-2015, 04:10 PM

Ladies, the creative and artistic muses have been loose amongst you this month! I am like (pardon me, I am from California) Blown Away by the mug rug swaps coming in this month. Breathtaking and inspiring all at once. Lovely, every one of them.
    Old 02-17-2015, 04:21 PM

Sewbizgirl -- you received a lovely package!

All the mug rugs & other goodies are so amazing! What talented ladies you all are!
    Old 02-17-2015, 04:29 PM

Default Swap

I am so glad that you like what I made for you. I really loved how these fabrics went together. Paper piecing has become one of my favorite quilting methods. I wanted to make something to go with your needle book so the scissor fob was created to make a matching set. Enjoy...

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    That's some gorgeous sewing/quilting rwquilts!

Vita, so sorry to hear of all the losses in your life so recently. Especially this very young sister! Take time to grieve and be with your family. We will be thinking of you.

And my news... Woo hoo, I got mail today! My partner Dee sent me this great package. Dee, I love the mug rug! Beautifully paper pieced... and thanks too for the sweet little needle book! The tiny pinwheels just melted my heart. I have never had a needlebook, and I'm so grateful to receive such a special one. Now I can take my needles out of my pincushion where they slide in and get lost, and store them safely. Your work is so very special! Thanks for the other goodies... some yummy smelling tea and a cute pair of socks with pots of gold at the end of rainbows. Those will be a huge hit when I wear them in my gym classes on St. Paddy's Day. I love everything you sent!!
    Old 02-17-2015, 04:30 PM

Default Swap

Showbizgirl, I am so glad that you like what I made for you. I really loved how these fabrics went together. Paper piecing has become one of my favorite quilting methods. I wanted to make something to go with your needle book so the scissor fob was created to make a matching set. Enjoy... Dee

That's some gorgeous sewing/quilting rwquilts!

Vita, so sorry to hear of all the losses in your life so recently. Especially this very young sister! Take time to grieve and be with your family. We will be thinking of you.

And my news... Woo hoo, I got mail today! My partner Dee sent me this great package. Dee, I love the mug rug! Beautifully paper pieced... and thanks too for the sweet little needle book! The tiny pinwheels just melted my heart. I have never had a needlebook, and I'm so grateful to receive such a special one. Now I can take my needles out of my pincushion where they slide in and get lost, and store them safely. Your work is so very special! Thanks for the other goodies... some yummy smelling tea and a cute pair of socks with pots of gold at the end of rainbows. Those will be a huge hit when I wear them in my gym classes on St. Paddy's Day. I love everything you sent!!
    Old 02-17-2015, 04:33 PM

Patchesnposies, it made me so happy to read your story... I also had a 'waking up' at age 50, making changes I needed to have a better life. Now I am a fitness instructor and try my best to help others get to where they want to be.

There is nothing so valuable as our health/life!
    Sewbizgirl, thanks for sharing your story, too. A fitness instructor! Wow. That is wonderful! You are in a perfect position to help others who want to get healthier.

I can swim now, when I couldn't do any exercise for almost a decade. Swimming has really loosened my joints as well as toning up my loose skin!

Congrats to you and I do agree that there is nothing so valuable than a healthy life!
    Old 02-17-2015, 04:41 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by dee1245
    I am so glad that you like what I made for you. I really loved how these fabrics went together. Paper piecing has become one of my favorite quilting methods. I wanted to make something to go with your needle book so the scissor fob was created to make a matching set. Enjoy...
    A scissor fob! So that's what it is! I love it and thought it was just a decoration on the needle book. So how does it work? Is it used to hang small scissors around your wrist or from a button... or how, exactly? I want to make sure I get best use of it!
    Old 02-17-2015, 05:00 PM
    Power Poster

a scissor fob is used like a key ring. you can identify your scissors in a group setting or on your table.

the last two that came in are out of this world. whigrose, love your goodies and mugrug. Sewbiz love the socks and the mugrug.

Some nice mugrugs coming in again, and so pretty.
    Old 02-17-2015, 05:07 PM
    Power Poster

on the postcard swap. my partner posted a picture of the card, she covered her name, but left mine wide open with the address
    Old 02-17-2015, 05:49 PM

Received a beautiful tulip mug rug , needle case and pincushion, two pretty purple fats and some candy from letsquilt today. VERY pretty . I plan to use the mug rug as a wallhanging or table topper as it is bigger than a mr and too pretty to not display somehow. THANK YOU SO much pat.

Last edited by Jan Rutherford; 02-17-2015 at 05:59 PM.
    Old 02-17-2015, 07:02 PM

Jan now that you got your package I will post a picture, I'm glad you like it.
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg