Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Mug Rug Swap for May! "How does your garden grow?" is the theme! >
  • Mug Rug Swap for May! "How does your garden grow?" is the theme!

• Mug Rug Swap for May! "How does your garden grow?" is the theme!

Old 05-20-2015, 04:18 PM
    Banned

Still have it and still getting it in the mountains.

At 4pm today it was 44 degrees.

We have had rain 18 days this month and we still have over a week
    left in the month.

So totally tired of the weather here.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    Looks like jacie sent you a really nice swap, nhnative! That coaster looks really interesting. Looks like it will drink up a lot of sweat from your ice tea glass this summer. Pretty mug rug too.

Have a fun trip, Louise. Can't believe you still have snow... We are already sweating bullets here.
    Old 05-20-2015, 04:30 PM

I hear you Louise! Tomorrow is the last day of school for my daughter -- but it hardly seems like summer has even arrived!!!

My package is in the mail! Here's a tidbit to ponder Rosemary Attaway

[ATTACH=CONFIG]520234[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Old 05-20-2015, 05:35 PM

suern3 -- I totally agree with you! I will assign partners & then you & your partner can discuss what you want her to make for you. If nothing else, that will generate some communication! I hope everybody is listening!

snownannie -- cute mug rug from RWQuilts & nice goodies, too! Looks like handmade soap, a teacup & saucer (how small is it? It's adorable -- & so apropos!) Don't know what the other items are, so you'll have to tell us!

Quilty Louise -- I have a 2014 Grand Cherokee Laredo that I have to literally climb into & then, to get out, I just slide off the seat & land on my feet. It's a beautiful shade of red -- you can see me coming from miles away!

I just finished the hand stitched binding on Robinlee's mug rug. Now I have to see what else I can include. This is the side swap we're doing on our own so we're not bound by the deadline -- which is good, cuz I obviously didn't make it!
    Old 05-20-2015, 06:19 PM

ctyankee.......No worries here. I just can't wait for you to see yours tomorrow. Yes, you should have it then. I have a slow day at school tomorrow, so I will check in to see if there is any excitement coming from the Upper Northeast area. It's the first day of finals, but all I will have is a major test for my 7th graders on Friday. The rest of my classes ended with projects. I will be cleaning up my room, finishing some grades and closing out my FCCLA bookwork.

Some exciting news.......I volunteered to help the National FCCLA office with the National conference in July. As always plans change. Now I will be represent the state of North Dakota as a Advisor-Advisor delegate and Adviser Academy. So Washington DC here I come with a major plan in place. So, If you live in the area.....I would love to checkout some quilt shops in that area. The last time I was there was in 1997, and I just added serious quilting to my sewing habit, so that wasn't on my agenda then.
    Originally Posted by ctyankee
    suern3 -- I totally agree with you! I will assign partners & then you & your partner can discuss what you want her to make for you. If nothing else, that will generate some communication! I hope everybody is listening!

snownannie -- cute mug rug from RWQuilts & nice goodies, too! Looks like handmade soap, a teacup & saucer (how small is it? It's adorable -- & so apropos!) Don't know what the other items are, so you'll have to tell us!

Quilty Louise -- I have a 2014 Grand Cherokee Laredo that I have to literally climb into & then, to get out, I just slide off the seat & land on my feet. It's a beautiful shade of red -- you can see me coming from miles away!

I just finished the hand stitched binding on Robinlee's mug rug. Now I have to see what else I can include. This is the side swap we're doing on our own so we're not bound by the deadline -- which is good, cuz I obviously didn't make it!
    Old 05-20-2015, 07:24 PM

Hav4boys,
    Are you ready to send yet? I will be tomorrow.
    Laurel/oneteapot
    Old 05-21-2015, 06:24 AM

It is a small tea cup, homemade soaps, a note pad, small bottle, sachet, a coaster. RWquilts made all of it but the tea cup. She is very talented lady. mug rug is so very cut. I believe it is paper pieced.

Last edited by snownannie; 05-21-2015 at 06:25 AM. Reason: forgot to add something
    Old 05-21-2015, 06:36 AM

Wow! What cute mug rugs and goodies are coming in now...great job to everyone!!!

I received this adorable mug rug and goodies from Snownannie yesterday and just love the way she packaged 4 fat quarters ( I think) for me! She sent me needles, colorful clips, and a cute card as well. Thanks a bunch Snownannie! What a fun mug rug and extras.
    Attached Thumbnails may-mug-rug-goodies-002.jpg   may-mug-rug-goodies-003.jpg  
    Old 05-21-2015, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by snownannie
    It is a small tea cup, homemade soaps, a note pad, small bottle, sachet, a coaster. RWquilts made all of it but the tea cup. She is very talented lady. mug rug is so very cut. I believe it is paper pieced.
    Thank you Snownannie! Here's a couple of pictures that I took before mailing out your package.
    Attached Thumbnails may-mug-rug-swap-2015-2.jpg   may-mug-rug-swap-2015-3.jpg  
    Old 05-21-2015, 06:52 AM

WOW, Snownannie and Rwquilts, love the mug rugs you made one another! They both fit the theme perfectly!

Jan
    Old 05-21-2015, 07:35 AM

Default May mug rug

Gonna try a pic of what beeryberry sent me. (testing attachment from my computer)
    Attached Thumbnails img_0403.jpg