Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • MUG RUG SWAP....Sign ups closed >
  • MUG RUG SWAP....Sign ups closed

• MUG RUG SWAP....Sign ups closed

Old 01-29-2013, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by SandyinZ4
    Hi Kathy...and other nice friends. Here is the link to pics of my first attempts at making MR's. The bird one is what Momma_K got. :-)
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...ml#post5793965 My post was #396

Here is a picture of my sweet little Birdy!! Isn't he adorable!! I never found my camera but I did use the camera on my cell!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]391711[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails mug-rug-3.jpg  
    Old 01-29-2013, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by buddy'smom
    Oh, this is so cute, I love sue!!!
    Thank you! Me too! I wanted to do something a little old fashioned. I had planned to use more of the colors she said she liked, but when I got on a roll, I just couldn't stop. I almost added a picnic blanket and an owl peeking out of the tree, but I couldn't decide on the best way to put them on since it was a thought that came after the foundation seams were done and getting the effect I wanted at that point would have been a challenge.
    Old 01-29-2013, 08:34 PM

Just got in from my fun job at our local quilt shop and a package had arrived with a beautiful MR. Lisa you did a great job for a beginner. This will be used and admired on my desk at my day job. Thank you.[ATTACH=CONFIG]391712[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails dscn1208.jpg  
    Old 01-30-2013, 03:59 AM

Hi CAS,
    I'm sorry I didn't post sooner I received my Mug Rug Saturday and have been trying to get a decent picture since then. First I had to charge the battery then I got a picture but then I tried to post it and couldn't get it sized down to a size that would load to the board.
    I love the Mug Rug it is perfect it is under my tea cup on my night stand at this moment. You are doing better at FMQ then me I haven't even tried it yet so don't worry about it, it is great.

Again Thank you,
    Donna C.
    dconroy84

Old 01-30-2013, 06:10 AM

These are the mugs rugs I sent to marytoddliz. She had quite a time the other day, but wanted to post these. So I will make it easier for her and post them myself. Glad you liked them Marybeth !!
    Attached Thumbnails 2013-01-24_09.27.00-2-.jpg  

Last edited by Donna H-M; 01-30-2013 at 06:15 AM.
    Old 01-30-2013, 06:23 AM

Donna, I just love your mug rugs! That is such a neat valentine design and coordinating fabric. Where did you find the kitty design? When you posted that last week I was thinking... oh boy, I wonder if that will be mine.

Jan
    Old 01-30-2013, 06:52 AM

I think everyone is making adorable mug rugs. Insulbright I would think is fine. I used it in a tablerunner I made last month as well I was thinking hot dishes on a table.. that is what my dinner ones are for to keep the hot dish off the table aside from looking all pretty so it certainly wont hurt. I did find quilting it if I was not careful gave it a bit more pucker than regular batting when the needle went through on the back. so slow and larger stitches stopped that.

I have had silent partners now two months in a row however they did make their items and post they received. They simple didnt chatter. Its frustrating a bit because I like to get to know my partners. The non secret thing is great because then its a sure thing (or closer) you write, you talk you know they are excited to receive your item and you theirs. Here you dont know if they will post.. if they like it.. if people are going to follow through with their items. Usually if someone posts I am working on it .. the hostess can then know ok they are alive and well and participating.. and we know the same.

I mailed my two now waiting on go for mine. Tracibug want to trade an easter one maybe? I have oodles of easter fabric.. pastel easter or bright easter. I am up for another trade with you if you like. pm me I still have to mail another one i have made as an extra for my friend Sharon in NZ. She has these adorable new baby kittens Sharon post your kitten pic so everyone can want to hug them to pieces too. so cute.
    Old 01-30-2013, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Nelco
    I am checking on how to get us a different site just for out photos..I will let ya all know when I find out.
    Thanks Nelda. I think it would be wonderful to have a place for all the photos. Especially with this mug rug swap there has been such variety and inspiration created by every one.!!!!!
    Old 01-30-2013, 10:32 AM

Okay-- here is the site where you can post your photos of your Mug Rugs. Lets keep it just to pic and we can make comments here on this site.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/mug-rugs-t212468.html
    Old 01-30-2013, 11:03 AM

That coffee mug rug is really cute Pam1111. Did you sew the rick-rack on after?