Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • November 2014 - February 2015 Wall Hanging Swap >
  • November 2014 - February 2015 Wall Hanging Swap

• November 2014 - February 2015 Wall Hanging Swap

Old 12-06-2014, 04:07 PM
    Power Poster

Great JNCT I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone makes.
    Old 12-08-2014, 11:25 PM

Hi Ube`

They are not kites. The LQS is doing a six month mini series using the mini Jaybird Quilt Patterns that use the Mini Hex N More Ruler. The final size of the mini is 17 1/2 by 20 1/2.

I am almost done with my 2nd one and will post pics At least I will have a wall hanging done by the swap deadline. But I will keep people guessing as to which one will be mailed.

Originally Posted by ube quilting
    Very nice Anoka. What size are the kites? It reminds me of when I walk in my woods and take time to lay down and look up through the trees. One of my favorite views.

I don't think Rhonda minds that we post any of our work here to share. I like to see what the swap people are doing. I have done it and she seems all right with it.
    peace
    Old 12-09-2014, 04:02 PM
    Power Poster

Hi Anoka, sorry to have misspoken about the block in your quilt. A rose by any other name........ So the template is a hexie with an added triangle? Very, very small too. What size is the template? I am fascinated now.

The hexies I am working on are 1" and I thought that was small.

Sue Daley has great tutorials that have helped me get started on my hand sewing adventure and what a difference that shows just by changing up a few simple things I was doing.

My twelve original blocks are now relegated to the practice pile and I will start another bunch with the wealth of information I have learned.

It took me a few weeks and 5 LQS to find long thin needles, Straw #11, they must be popular. My stitches are now as invisible as they can get with the addition of a very fine thread. Superior, Bottom Line, 60wt.

I am over joyed with the improvement in my work. (pat on the back)!!!!!

I will post some before and after pictures later in the week just to show the difference. Can you tell, I'm a bit giddy!
    peace
    Old 12-09-2014, 09:33 PM

OK Ube, I need to get home and look at the patten instructions; however, I remember cutting small triangles from one side of the ruler and the larger main pieces using the full size of the ruler. As I did the pattern the dog ears matched up to make it very easy to make the seams all match. I really enjoyed the pattern and the way it went together.
    Old 12-10-2014, 11:42 AM

I'm in!!!! I'm off for two weeks in December, so will have plenty of time to do a wall hanging! Can't wait to get started!
    Old 12-10-2014, 04:42 PM

I am thinking about a rectangular wall hanging using a diagonal block border and redwork for the center panel. Hmmmmmm
    Old 12-11-2014, 07:59 PM
    Power Poster

Great Marion! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Ube does your mind ever slow down?? LOL

Love seeing all the conversation going on! Nice way to keep this thread active.
    Old 12-12-2014, 03:22 AM

It is good to see all the chatter and new interest. I have been playing catch-up. Finally started my 2014 challenge project for my guild and finished the piecing just last night. Now to start the hand quilting, fortunately it is an Ozark Star Table Topper, which I can now cross off my "bucket list". Also finished my Jelly Roll 2 after a necessary fix.

Now the way is open to get busy on my wall hanging project.
    Old 12-12-2014, 05:44 AM

So I've tried to find the average dimensions it should be and can't find it ... 36x36 or something like that? (inches LOL not cm or feet!) And do I have to post my progress? I'm off for two weeks and will likely just plop my butt down and do it all in 2-3 days and I always forget to take pics of my progress ... If I do ... let me know, I'll put an alarm on my phone to remind me!!!
    Old 12-12-2014, 10:46 AM
    Power Poster

There are no limits on the wall hanging. When I did swaps in the past I got alot of questions regarding size and would have someone say oh shoot I can't use mine as it is an inch over the limit. So I don't want any limits. the only thing I said in the guidelines was it should be smaller than a lap quilt. well I really don't care how big it is. As far as I am concerned anything goes.

Concentrate more on the fun of making it and sharing and don't worry about the size. Whatever you want to make is just fine.

If you can post progress pics as in pics of the fabrics you are going to use or any pics of your pattern or work in progress is great but not a have to. Posting pics is a nice way of keeping conversation going. And we all love pictures!!