Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • November/December 2010 Doll Quilt Swap (with a secret twist!) >
  • November/December 2010 Doll Quilt Swap (with a secret twist!)

• November/December 2010 Doll Quilt Swap (with a secret twist!)

Old 12-13-2010, 07:44 AM

I made two quilts this time one for Nov. and one for Dec. it should arrive today somewhere in GA? Still waiting on mine, and can't wait much longer! Can I post pic's of the one's I made before they are posted by the person receiving them? I also have one that I made for me that I will post if anyone would like to see!
    Old 12-13-2010, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Ms. Shawn
    I made two quilts this time one for Nov. and one for Dec. it should arrive today somewhere in GA? Still waiting on mine, and can't wait much longer! Can I post pic's of the one's I made before they are posted by the person receiving them? I also have one that I made for me that I will post if anyone would like to see!
    To answer your question: can I post pic's of the one's I made before they are posted...

I have seen that done before on here. I don' t see why not?
    Old 12-13-2010, 10:39 AM

Ms. Shawn,
    I received your TWO lovely quilts today!!!! Love them! Please do post pictures as I need to go to town and purchase a new battery for my camera. I'd like for everyone to be able to see them. Loved the fat quarters too!

Thanks ever so much!
    Kay
    Old 12-13-2010, 10:56 AM

Hi Swappers!
    This is Mrs. ONT; our home computer has a virus or something going on that's keeping us off the internet, so I'm posting from work. (sshhhh, don't tell!) Just wanted to say that Ray's DQ hit the Post Office on Friday and the Postal Worker told me it should make it to the NORTHWEST today. So...hopefully that makes 1 less person waiting by their mailbox! Oh yeah, their name begins with a vowel...heehee!
    Old 12-13-2010, 02:15 PM

OH!! Please do post pic!!! Still waiting by the mailbox and its very cold here!! It was down to 8 last night..brrrrr.
    Old 12-13-2010, 03:14 PM

We had winter last nite in southwest Louisiana -- temp went to 27 for a few hours. It will be 73 by Wed. Glad winter's over now for us.
    Old 12-13-2010, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
    We had winter last nite in southwest Louisiana -- temp went to 27 for a few hours. It will be 73 by Wed. Glad winter's over now for us.
    WOW, we hit about 50 today, I'll take it even with the rain.
    Old 12-13-2010, 03:23 PM

TSLowery, that is adorable!

jljack, east from you, that might be me! I love the fabrics you used, especially the leaves, who makes it? I also like the red curly fabric, the red viney/curly fabric and the green fabrics. Someone is getting lucky!
    Old 12-13-2010, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana
    I'm embarrassed over my first dq as well -- I was new, and it went to someone who I later saw was very, very talented. She was very gracious and made me feel very good about my effort. Because of their small size, I think we see our tiny imperfections on our dq's as glaring screwups. I find I spend a LOT of time on them, more than I do working on bigger projects. But I've learned to relax and not obsess over it -- have fun and play with new techniques or new patterns. This is meant to be a learning experience as well as a gift of time to someone who will appreciate the effort that goes into quilting. I wish I could say that about other people I've given stuff to.
    Thank goodness I had a great swap partner for my first swap, I still can name about twenty things I could have done better on it, but I felt like a million bucks when she posted that she loved it! I learn so much each time I make a doll quilt, this time it was my first foray into 3d pinwheels/ten minute blocks, last one was first really intricate applique hand and machine, one before that was first applique ever. I really like what you said about being a gift of time, I agree with you completely. I have both of the doll quilts I have recieved in my room and every time I see them I enjoy thinking (besides how beautiful they are) that someone actually took the time to MAKE me something, not stop at the local big box store or online shop, but they took time out of their lives to sit down and use their hands and minds to create something new for me. Love it!
    Old 12-13-2010, 04:11 PM

I came home today to a squisshie from cjaye44, it is a beautiful doll quilt and it went right up in my living room for christmas, plus she sent me a mug mat, an ornament she made them,her daughter made the cutest scissor fob, and i also got hot chocolate and the sweetest card, Thank You so much Carol I love it all. You really out did yourself!!!

this little beauty is already on my l/r wall
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]142948[/ATTACH]

isnt this beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]142949[/ATTACH]

hot cocoa, mug mat, cute ornament, and snowman scissor fob, card
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]142952[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-142943.jpe   attachment-142944.jpe   attachment-142947.jpe