Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >
  • November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

• November Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 11-05-2011, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by Debka
    A compliment and a question.
    Compliment: Crafty Darlene - that quilt is fabulous! A maple leaf quilt like that has been on "my list" to get to for years and maybe this is the inspiration I need. Well done!

Now the question: Used to be that when looking at a thread, like this SP one, we could "jump" to a particular numbered page of posts by putting the page number in a little box at the bottom of the page. Now all I see is a few number choices I can go to, like right now I see "First...24, 64, 73, 74" with some arrows to go forward and backward. I try to remember which page I read last time I was on the board and just go there to start so I don't have to page through a whole lot each time. Anyone know a good way to do this? Thanks.
    Just click on the down arrow right next to the word page, and it drops a smaller windown down where you can input a page number and go directly to it without having to flip through all the other pages.
    Old 11-05-2011, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by Moedeenie
    Just below where you referenced pages is a beige colored line and if you look to the right there is a field written in blue that says View First Unread. Hope this helps!
    Thanks Moedeeine, it helps! And, look, with everyone's advice, I have now figured out how to change my font and colors. I also see how to insert a photo (about to try it now) and there is also a link to insert a video clip! (Not going to try that now, but does that mean that we could include links to video tutorials? Or, (gulp), make our own and include them?? Hmmm.) (OK, getting a message that "attempts to upload my jpeg have failed...will try again another time)

hmmm....I don't seem to be getting private messages from people who are mailing out their packages, I wonder why that is?????? I know my settings are right and I have 0 stored messages hmmm.........

Originally Posted by Moedeenie
    I am not sure if you have to revisit and post in the sites again to resume notification or not... Hopefully by going to the Home page you can find your previously watched topics amongst the various categories, send a current reply and begin following them again.

I am learning this one step at a time, too. Hopefully someone will have some additional tips for you!

No, you don't have to repost in that thread....all I did was UNSUBSCRIBE and then reSUBSCRIBED and I'm good.
    Old 11-05-2011, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    hmmm....I don't seem to be getting private messages from people who are mailing out their packages, I wonder why that is?????? I know my settings are right and I have 0 stored messages hmmm.........
    Lori, I sure hope u got my PM because my SP's pkg is out for delivery today!
    Old 11-05-2011, 05:40 AM

That is exactly what I was looking for - thank you so much!
    Also, I changed my settings to see more posts per page than the default gives you - in general settings, if anyone is interested. Also, with fonts, do you have to choose it each time (for example this is comic sans) or can you default the changes and save them so all your posts always come up this way?

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
    Just click on the down arrow right next to the word page, and it drops a smaller windown down where you can input a page number and go directly to it without having to flip through all the other pages.
    Old 11-05-2011, 05:44 AM

Quiltin'gran I tried to send you your sp informatin but you have too many stored messages for mine to go through! So I sent the information to your email address you gave me when you signed up for the swap. Lori
    Old 11-05-2011, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by Debka
    That is exactly what I was looking for - thank you so much!
    Also, I changed my settings to see more posts per page than the default gives you - in general settings, if anyone is interested. Also, with fonts, do you have to choose it each time (for example this is comic sans) or can you default the changes and save them so all your posts always come up this way?
    On this page alone, I have learned 3 new ways to navigate Thanks Irelanddragonquilting, Debka and Ms. Cupid!!! Verna, trust me, you are not alone!!! And Lori, I will PM you as soon as I send or receive my package!!!!
    Old 11-05-2011, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by catpawski
    Ok I am going to try this again and see if I can post the picture of the wall hanging I am working on. Looks like I need to make it a little smaller
    That is the cutest wall hanging !!! I hope you post a pic when it is done.
    Old 11-05-2011, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by verna2197
    I'm thinking about giving up on this board all together. I am still not getting any notifications in my email when someone post a new message in this thread or any other thread I am following. I just don't know how to fix it. I am subscribe to this thread, my inbox is not full. So can someone on here please help me b4 I completey give up.

Thanks
    Verna2197
    I also found if you "go advanced" to reply... scroll down a little bit you will find "additional options" and subscriptions is there and you can make changes there. This is how I started getting email notifications again... I this helps too