Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • October 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (Partners Assigned!) - Signup Closed >
  • October 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (Partners Assigned!) - Signup Closed

• October 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (Partners Assigned!) - Signup Closed

Old 09-28-2009, 07:07 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rhonda
    Yeaah Ninnie I am so excited!! I am sooo looking forward to seeing what you make!! I will love it I know! I love all forms of quilting and needlework so just do what you love to do!! No color preferances. I love to be surprised. The suspense is killing me tho!!!! I have no patience!!

So do you have any color preferances? I have several ideas in mind. I have laid out one idea and I think it is what I am going to go with. Hard to decide.
    I love being surprised also, even though the waiting is always hard :lol: :lol: :lol: Will have to keep this one hush, hush, since we are in the hood together :lol: :lol: :lol: If you have a favorite color, then just say so!
    Old 09-28-2009, 08:00 AM

Hi,
    I have been on this site all morning and just realized I missed signing up for the doll quilt. Is it really too late? It will be OK if you will be having another one, but it sounded like it is so much fun. Maybe someone else signed up late too. I don't want to cause any trouble since this is my first time posting. I just thought I would ask. Thank you and everyone does absolutely beautiful work!
    Old 09-28-2009, 08:18 AM

sunkistmi, we'd be happy to have you join us. I kind of race to get partners assigned so everyone can get started. If we don't have any other participants join in, I'll be happy to swap with you.

Chele
    Old 09-28-2009, 08:25 AM
    k3n
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Chele
    sunkistmi, we'd be happy to have you join us. I kind of race to get partners assigned so everyone can get started. If we don't have any other participants join in, I'll be happy to swap with you.

Chele
    Oh yes - our Chele can knock out beautiful dolly quilts in her sleep! :wink: :D
    Old 09-28-2009, 08:58 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ninnie
    Originally Posted by Rhonda
    Yeaah Ninnie I am so excited!! I am sooo looking forward to seeing what you make!! I will love it I know! I love all forms of quilting and needlework so just do what you love to do!! No color preferances. I love to be surprised. The suspense is killing me tho!!!! I have no patience!!

So do you have any color preferances? I have several ideas in mind. I have laid out one idea and I think it is what I am going to go with. Hard to decide.
    I love being surprised also, even though the waiting is always hard :lol: :lol: :lol: Will have to keep this one hush, hush, since we are in the hood together :lol: :lol: :lol: If you have a favorite color, then just say so!
    Well :oops: :oops: I made a few comments in the hood but nothing too specific! Still haven't totally made up my mind on the design but have one that is calling me so probably will be that one. I can't wait to get started! Anything is just fine! So create whatever you want!! I look forward eagerly to seeing it!!!
    Old 09-28-2009, 08:59 AM

hi chele im also in for the nov- dec swap for xmas with gift find with me count me in
    Old 09-28-2009, 09:01 AM
    Power Poster

Chele I would be happy to do another quilt. I probably won't get a second one done til the second half of the month but I would be less busy then and could do another!
    Old 09-28-2009, 09:11 AM
    Banned

Hey Momto4, Welcome! We are partners! I just sent a pm.

For some reason, I haven't been getting notifications about the thread. I had three pages to catch up on!!
    Old 09-28-2009, 09:22 AM

Rhonda, you are a sweetheart! I'll definitely take you up on that if we don't get any other last minute swappers! Thank you!

The November/December doll quilt swap will be a secret swap (option 4 from the first page). All of you will send me your addresses and I'll send you back your secret partner's mailing information. You won't necessarily have the same partners as we've done it in the past.

I think that will be a fun twist for the holiday season. A little suspense might be fun! No additional gifts are necessary. January's swap is going to be themed to your state or country (thank you for that great idea Esqmommy).

A BIG thanks to all of you for being such gracious and talented swappers. I have so much fun seeing all the quilts and reading the comments.
    Old 09-28-2009, 10:03 AM

Thank you Chele and Rhonda for being willing to make another piece. I can wait a couple of days to see if anyone else wants to sign up to get the partner. If there are no other participants, I would be honored to have either one of you. You both do gorgeous work. I have always admired Civil War repos since several ancestors fought in the war. I have a very small piece of a quilt from that time that I treasure. Rhonda, your avatar is beautiful! I probably was way to ambitious in even signing up since I have at least 2 more weeks of bottle feeding my 4 orphaned kittens every 3-4 hours but it looked like such fun. I will do my best.