Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • October 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (Partners Assigned!) - Signup Closed >
  • October 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (Partners Assigned!) - Signup Closed

• October 2009 Doll Quilt Swap (Partners Assigned!) - Signup Closed

Old 09-26-2009, 08:32 AM
    Power Poster

Yea Patti!! Welcome!! You are going to love this!
    Old 09-26-2009, 08:35 AM
    k3n
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Chele
    Well said, Esqmommy. I think most of the recipients would rather the quilt maker create something from their heart versus giving design suggestions. Terri and Kathryn, I can't believe you recognized my style. That quilt was pastels! I was trying not to be so bold for once! :roll: I'm going to go get me some Civil War repros...
    Well OK - I went back to look and it is predominantly pastels I grant you! It was meant as a compliment BTW - that you HAVE a distinctive style, I"m NOT saying everything you do is the same AT all!!! The one you sent me was completely different in design but STILL your style! After all, you'd recognise a Van Gogh at first glance, wouldn't you? :D

PS Looking forward to seeing what you come up with using the Repros! :mrgreen:
    Old 09-26-2009, 11:42 AM

This is my first Doll quilt swap too and I had this idea in mind. I've got the top and back done, now I just need to know who it's going to so I can embroider the label...I hope that whoever I get likes it. I didn't think to wait to make it :oops:
    Old 09-26-2009, 02:23 PM

My first one too. I know what I want to do, but haven't picked fabric out yet. It will probably come mostly from my stash. When ever I say I need some fabric, my hubby reminds me I have a stash and 'why do you need more???' He just doesn't understand the principal....I quilt so I can build up my stash of fabric. I've learned a lot just listening in to the message board and thank everyone who has had a voice. I listen more than I pip up and talk... which is probably good seeing how long I'm rambling now....
    Old 09-26-2009, 02:56 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Janis
    My first one too. I know what I want to do, but haven't picked fabric out yet. It will probably come mostly from my stash. When ever I say I need some fabric, my hubby reminds me I have a stash and 'why do you need more???' He just doesn't understand the principal....I quilt so I can build up my stash of fabric. I've learned a lot just listening in to the message board and thank everyone who has had a voice. I listen more than I pip up and talk... which is probably good seeing how long I'm rambling now....
    Glad you are going to join this swap!! And hubbys(sorry not including you men on here!) don't have a clue do they? Tho my hubby has learned to be patient when I shop. But he will occasionally question why I need to spend more money!

You aren't rambling at all!! There are lots of us me(especially!) that talk alot!! Ha Ha!! You just fit right in then!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BTW this is only my second one. The Sept one was so much fun I just have to do it again!
    Old 09-26-2009, 03:49 PM
    Power Poster

Well, I'm excited and can't wait to get started! Yup...ya'll know I'm a sucker and couldn't resist forever :lol: :lol:
    Old 09-26-2009, 07:26 PM

After I joined the DJ block swap I saw this swap and thought how neat it'd be to do this too. I was afraid of the time frame though and just watched and waited till I saw October open up. I just love these little quilts that everyone has made from previous months..
    Old 09-26-2009, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Janis
    Oooh noo, you're not rambling at all. I tend to ramble on, get off the subject, etc. It's just my nature I guess. :lol:

The kids and hubby are doing that to me now about my fabric.. I've sorta told them to remind me though as I've got my eyes on a longarm machine, so I'm trying to curtail my spending on anything.
    Old 09-26-2009, 08:37 PM

I'm in too if there is still room. Just saw the thread tonight. I plan to line my sewing room with these little quilts :)
    Old 09-26-2009, 09:18 PM

Well, now, this DOES sound like a lot of fun. Ducky and Sheila Elaine suggested I join in, and after reading through this and seeing some examples of the beautiful quilts, I'd like to joing in too, if that's o.k. Whoever does the pairing up, please check with my proposed partner ahead of time to ensure shes' o.k. with a male partner on the swap. I wouldn't want whoever she is to be disappointed if she were expecting a female swapper. Thanks! :)