Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • OCTOBER Pincushion and Needlecase Swap - signup closes September 30 >
  • OCTOBER Pincushion and Needlecase Swap - signup closes September 30

• OCTOBER Pincushion and Needlecase Swap - signup closes September 30

Old 10-10-2014, 07:56 PM

Thank you Pat for the awesome package! A pincushion AND a needle case (which I totally needed. Let's just say that a pincushion in a ziploc baggie in a pocketbook is pretty foolish). Adorable little acorns (I'll be hiding these from the squirrels......unless it will grow a fabric tree.....) A block of chocolate (I'll be hiding that from the small 2-legged "assistants" here) & homemade pins. I love the postcards with local scenery....something I would have never thought to do, but will now. I haven't mailed my pin cushions yet (sorry partners)...... y'all have me a little freaked out with your awesome packages!

This was my package of love that arrived last Saturday (I'm so sorry Toni Ann!!) I won't go into details, but we had a very rough start to our week that involved burying one of our cats & an emergency visit to the pediatric dentist (unrelated incidents). Needless to say, this was a very welcome distraction when I checked the mail Monday night. Of course, it also stressed me out, because you ladies go ALL OUT! I'm a little afraid to see what I can concoct that will even pretend to be of this caliber I'm the lucky one that got the other owl pincushion/needle keep/sewing case. LOVE IT!!! WHOOOOO's the lucky one?? ha ha. Sorry. Check out the little pattern weights. SEW adorable! I love crazy socks, so these will be a fun addition.

Now, *gulp* I hope I can scare up something just as fun to open.
    Old 10-11-2014, 03:54 AM

TheStylishHome, we would love to see pictures when you have a chance.
    Old 10-11-2014, 07:49 AM

Wonderful Karyn....I am so glad that you received your package and that you liked it. I am really sorry about your week and hope this upcoming week is so much better for you! This was my first pc swap as well, so I can understand about being a little stressed over what to send. So now, after seeing what everyone is receiving, we will have a much better idea on the next go round!!
    Thanks for posting and enjoy your goodies!
    Toni Ann

Originally Posted by TheStylishHome

Thank you Pat for the awesome package! A pincushion AND a needle case (which I totally needed. Let's just say that a pincushion in a ziploc baggie in a pocketbook is pretty foolish). Adorable little acorns (I'll be hiding these from the squirrels......unless it will grow a fabric tree.....) A block of chocolate (I'll be hiding that from the small 2-legged "assistants" here) & homemade pins. I love the postcards with local scenery....something I would have never thought to do, but will now. I haven't mailed my pin cushions yet (sorry partners)...... y'all have me a little freaked out with your awesome packages!

This was my package of love that arrived last Saturday (I'm so sorry Toni Ann!!) I won't go into details, but we had a very rough start to our week that involved burying one of our cats & an emergency visit to the pediatric dentist (unrelated incidents). Needless to say, this was a very welcome distraction when I checked the mail Monday night. Of course, it also stressed me out, because you ladies go ALL OUT! I'm a little afraid to see what I can concoct that will even pretend to be of this caliber I'm the lucky one that got the other owl pincushion/needle keep/sewing case. LOVE IT!!! WHOOOOO's the lucky one?? ha ha. Sorry. Check out the little pattern weights. SEW adorable! I love crazy socks, so these will be a fun addition.

Now, *gulp* I hope I can scare up something just as fun to open.
    Old 10-11-2014, 10:43 AM

Default My goody haul for the October Swap

It has taken me a few days but wanted to share with you I received a beautiful sweet little needle book all full of fancy pins and needles then a little pair of scissors and of course a pin and needle threader with a pocket that contains a tape measure and a card of threads! Then it ties closed with a ribbon that has these miniature thread spools on the ties. Thank you Mary! (lawsonmugs) But my goodies did not stop there she also made the cutest little zipper bag and a candy corn box full of Hershey chocolates yum, then a cute little envelope that has Raspberry and Chocolate Hot cocoa mix I will have that tonight I just love raspberries and chocolate. Thank you so very much Mary what a wonderful lift for a very rough month.
    Attached Thumbnails october-needle-book-swap-received-mary-lawnsonmugs.jpg  
    Old 10-11-2014, 10:44 AM

My swap partner lives East of me and I will be sending soon so have faith and know it will be mailed next week!
    Old 10-11-2014, 10:50 AM

Taking time out this AM to get caught up on life and our swap NanaKathy55 I just love your owl he is so cute. I want one too! So could your partner maybe tell me the pattern they used?
    Old 10-11-2014, 01:06 PM
    Power Poster

Elayne so glad your OK. I know you are good about posting and letting your partner know you received your swap. Your so welcome for your swap. Enjoy. Hugs Mary
    Old 10-11-2014, 06:46 PM

This is the message I keep getting......SO FRUSTRATED!!!

Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please reload the window.
    Old 10-11-2014, 06:49 PM

Default 8 millionth try to attach photos

Attached Thumbnails pat1.jpg   pat2.jpg   pat3.jpg   pat4.jpg   toniann3.jpg  

toniann2.jpg   toniann1.jpg  
    Old 10-11-2014, 09:35 PM
    Power Poster

Thestylishhome those are great pictures of your really creative pincushions and needle books you have. You really got some great packages of lots of goodies. Your partners did such a wonderful job on them.