Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • OCTOBER Pincushion and Needlecase Swap - signup closes September 30 >
  • OCTOBER Pincushion and Needlecase Swap - signup closes September 30

• OCTOBER Pincushion and Needlecase Swap - signup closes September 30

Old 09-25-2014, 06:16 AM
    Power Poster

Hi Toni Ann ! Glad to have another swapper.We really enjoy goofing around and supporting each other here.Right now is just silly time as we wait for the names to be given out. If you are working on something (like a purse,toy,quilt) and can show us a picture we love looking and sharing. Lynnie, have faith things will be worked out in time. Hugs Mary
    Old 09-25-2014, 07:04 AM
    Power Poster

great, anothr swapp, welcom Toni Ann. glad to have you.

great, another swapper, welcome Toni Ann, we're alot of fun here
    and very supportive. Have some fun and join in on the chatter.
    Hope you are enjoying this fall weather we're having. it's rainiing
    now. but we needed it. I live next to woods so always get nervous
    when it starts to get dry. Enjoy the day all. happy quilting all.
    Old 09-25-2014, 07:08 AM

Thanks for the welcome wishes! Looking forward to making new friends! What have I been up to?? ...here goes! I have been in the process of 10 quilts since the end of May. 3 finished, 5 at the LAQ right now and 2 more to get to her before Christmas. 2 Doll quilts to match my granddaughter's large quilt, which is shown here. Continued on the next message... I think I have been busy.
    Attached Thumbnails maddie-quilt-small-pic.jpg  
    Old 09-25-2014, 07:09 AM

Let's see what else, 3 Embroidered Halloween bags, Pillowcases to match quilts. (Found the best pattern in the entire world!) And oh yes, I have participated in 5 block swaps in the last 2 months. Also have fabric cut for 4 new quilts to start when I am done with Christmas. This is my first pincushion swap. What fun. I hope to hop in the chatter every now and then.
    Take care everyone, Toni Ann
    Old 09-25-2014, 08:22 AM

Wow, Toni Ann, you are one busy lady! Lynnie, and I thought you were the only one. Here is someone who could give you a run for the money!
    Old 09-25-2014, 08:53 AM
    Power Poster

Toni Ann beautiful quilt. Thanks for sharing it.
    Old 09-25-2014, 10:30 AM
    Power Poster

Toni Ann, love that quilt. thanks for the pictures. I've been busy doing my washcloths, (Crocheted)
    Go for my mamo on the 7th and need one for all the ladies in the office. I made them pink for breast cancer month.
    Last year, i made on the emb machine pink lace mirror cases. came out great, from Urban Threads. Ver nice .
    I need an idea for next year. I need to start early, as i always, but i need to have about ten of the item b/c i don't know how many people will be working that day. So if anyone has a good idea, please let me know. thanks.
    Just waiting impatiently for my name,
    If you haven't already, come join the mystery train ride quilt. loads of chatter and fun. I know Mary is on board, and a few others that play with pincushions also.~~~~mary~~~~
    Old 09-25-2014, 12:37 PM

Thank you ladies! lynnie...I do love Urban Threads, she has some very unique designs. For my friends last year, they all got pink ribbon mug rugs that are made in the hoop. Sew easy and they came out beautiful. They all loved them. The link to the pattern is: http://www.omasplace.com/ed/awareness-mug-rug/. I also have a few others that I did, but not sure where the pattern is from. I made 2 or 3 of each pattern. I will try to find out where the others are from if you are interested. I love making things "in-the-hoop" style.

I was reading up on the mystery train. I didn't really know what it was and the thread was hard to find. I do think I am too late, but will read on more and maybe next time they have one. Is it a monthly thing?
    Old 09-25-2014, 01:06 PM

Welcome Toni Ann. You sure have made lots of stuff. I wish I could get that motivated. I keep changing my mind about what to make for Christmas. It's going to be here soon and I'm not going to have anything done. At least the weather here is so nice. Mornings are cool and then it warms up to the 70's.
    Old 09-25-2014, 05:05 PM
    Power Poster

Pat, don't worry, it pouring here today and we have 3 months till Christmas day.
    My DH is Jewish and they always have nice weather for the holidays, this year it work out for them.

Toni Ann, the clues are given every Saturday. this past week we cut out and sewed our first 'clue'. the first clue
    was the ammts of fabric we needed. This sat, we are told what to do next. Lurk for now and join the next time. this is my first train ride, so i;ll let you know how it turns out.

I bored and can't wait to get my partner. Anyone know how many swappers this time?

Looks like all is go for Mondays surgery, unless the doc calls tomorrow, so i won't be around Mon and maybe tues, I'm tough, so I'll be here tues. When i was in rehab for my back, i found a comp to get on to 'connect' with the outside world, read QB people.