Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • October Secret Pal Swap Closes Sept 30th 4pm CDT >
  • October Secret Pal Swap Closes Sept 30th 4pm CDT

• October Secret Pal Swap Closes Sept 30th 4pm CDT

Old 10-11-2014, 10:39 AM

Bah, Krystyna you tease!! Nice runner though!

LindaR, nice package!

Ok, SP your package tracker shows: October 11, 2014 at 9:02 am Out for Delivery
    Old 10-11-2014, 12:34 PM
    Power Poster

Glad you like your package Linda. Krystyna thanks for the compliment.
    Old 10-11-2014, 02:43 PM
    Swap Hosts

I knew it! I knew it! I knew it! Miss Smarty Pants guessed her pal! It was Nancy in Louisiana! YAY!!! Her package arrived as we were going out and I just got back and haven't opened it yet. Ahhhh. The anticipation ... smells like old turtle though ... uh oh ...
    Old 10-11-2014, 04:43 PM

I received a FANTASTIC pkg from Paoli IN, but no screen name enclosed so that I can send you a pm. If it's you, please know that I'm thrilled and that the pkg arrived safe and sound. Waiting to hear ....
    Old 10-12-2014, 08:22 AM

I am going to try to catch up with the thread, have been offline a few days as my mother is ill. I spent my day off on Fri looking after her instead of sewing/shopping for my SP, and mom ended up going into the hospital that night. She thought she had a bad cold as she couldn't breathe - it was diagnosed last week as bronchial spasms - turns out she has blood clots in her lungs,and also in her legs. She's having a procedure tomorrow. So I am catching up online while everyone else is at church, I needed the sleep today. I am going to try my mightiest to get my box out on time - the boss gets home Tuesday, so I will be balancing a house of 5 plus working nonstop! So any sewing has to happen today.

Clues for my SP - you live in a state near a lot of my relatives (poor you!), we both dislike one of the same colors, and both like chocolate paired with an herb!
    Old 10-12-2014, 08:58 AM

I haven't been on much. Since receiving a flue shot I have been sick with one thing or another. When I received the shot I was down for 4 days. Now I have an extreme sore throat. Plus I have been invited to be on our local TV station to promote our chapter for Quilts for Kids fundraiser this month tomorrow. I hope my voice doesn't decide to leave me. Been busy with the fundraiser also. Seems like this year end is crazy for me. Anyway, enough of that.

SP your package has been mailed, expected delivery is Tuesday. You are only a state away from me. Not going to say which direction though. This month is your favorite color in promoting an awareness. You collect an item I also have been collecting. We both have the same allergy. Hope you like your package...
    Old 10-12-2014, 10:58 AM
    Swap Hosts

Dragon, I hope your mom is on the mend. What a scare! Get some well deserved rest while you can.
    Cathy, I sure hope you feel better soon. My husband always gets a flu shot and after getting sick like you did, I never do and don't plan to.

So ... here are the pix of the wonderful package that Nancy in Louisiana sent me. The package included a solar activated dancing sunflower, two adorable pumpkin owls, a wonderful vinyl apron which went into use immediately (can you see the spatters from the corned beef hash I made this morning?), a sweet pin cushion shaped like a flower in fall colors, a little note pad, some yummy Louisiana dark roast coffee and a Keurig basket, a packet of 4 o'clock flower seeds (now that I've succeeded in tearing out all the overgrown trees and shrubs I've got lots of bare beds), a machine embroidery magazine, two quilting books, and ... if I'm collecting anything this is it ... three pieces of gorgeous turquoise glass that are just so pretty I can't stand it! Oh! How could I forget! The most gorgeous print of an antique sewing machine with a bowl of dried flowers on the table. Didn't make it into the photo, but you'll see it when it's framed and hung in my "studio"!

And here is a picture of the china closet that I thought I'd put the turquoise glass into. The previous owner had a collection of miniature tea pots and cups. However, I don't think she opened it up as much as I do and the glass I've collected so far is a little on the heavy side. The cabinet serves as a secondary cupboard and currently has my household binders in it so I'm in and out of it a lot. It's about 2 1/2 feet deep and there is one just as deep below it.

The other three pieces of turquoise glass I have are currently sitting on a corner shelving piece next to the dining room bay window. Right now it's full of just anything to stop my husband from cluttering it up with his junk. (My junk, of course, is different! )

Anyway, thank you Nancy! I love it all.
    Attached Thumbnails sp-oct-2014-nancy-la.jpg   sp-oct-2014-nancy-la-2.jpg   sp-oct-2014-nancy-la-3.jpg   sp-oct-2014-nancy-la-4.jpg   china-cabinet-doors.jpg  

china-cabinet-doors-open.jpg  
    Old 10-12-2014, 06:04 PM

Awesome package there, Krystyna!

oh SP? Where art thou?
    Old 10-13-2014, 09:02 AM

Hey Ladies! Hope ya'll had a great weekend! Received a great pkg from Jan (Jaba), the pictures don't do everything justice! Beautiful table runner, awesome fat quarters, cute potholders, scarecrows, real pumpkin, book, tea, and almonds! Perfect pkg! I love it all! Thank you again Jan!
    Attached Thumbnails photo-1.jpg   photo-3.jpg  

Last edited by Crafty Darlene; 10-13-2014 at 09:04 AM.
    Old 10-13-2014, 12:22 PM

Nick pkgs everyone! Krystyna those owls are a hoot! Ok no pun intended but they are cute! SP I will be mailing your pkg. tomorrow morning. You and I collect the same items that brings us smiles!