Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED >
  • October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

• October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

Old 10-09-2011, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Airwick156
    I just want to tell you all Thank you so very much for all the nice things you have said about Charles. I have read every single one of the posts to him and he says "why are they being nice to me I don't know any of them?" And so I told him that they all appreciate your service in the Army and this is just a little token of their appreciation. And truthfully, I think he may have teared up a little when I told him. And again he says "but I don't sew" And I re-read the post from CloverPatch that says she likes to shop OUTSIDE the box and would love to shop for him. He says oh okay. I am not too sure he understands what she means by shopping outside the box LOL. He does have a big selection of Candy that he has put into a package just in case he decides that is what he is going to send. Hopefully whomever he gets as a pal next month likes chocolate!!!! And Juicy Fruit Gum. LOL I have given him a little stash of fabrics for him to send also and a few other things. Who knows, maybe he will be in this swap for a long time. I am so excited for him to go see his Mental Health Doctor in a couple of weeks as he has alot to talk about this time...how much fun hes having in the swap and about his brand new granddaughter. :) So Thank you so very very much for giving Charles a little extra happiness.
    In my opinion, no thank yous are needed! But you are welcome. HUGS!!
    Old 10-09-2011, 09:51 PM

Quiltnut4ever - Congratulations on having a new daughter to spoil and quilt with (hopefully?).

Airwick156 - Funny about "I touch"!!! lol. I was actually trying to be amusing by referring to the fact that all capital letters means shouting, and typing in lower case would be library typing (like a library voice only we can't vocalize on the board). My laptop goes clickety clack and my DH hates when I type long emails while he is watching a dvd, so maybe I should ask for a touch pad for Christmas...

And Lori - My hubby and I were in Ft Dix, NJ for 3 years during Viet Nam, but I had friends who were in the thick of the fighting and did not return. My SIL was in Desert Storm. Uncle in Korea, and the list goes on.... I'd be very honored to have Charles as a swap partner!!!! I love to give gifts and make people happy and Charles deserves every happiness that he has given to his fellow Americans by his selfless service to our country... It would be a pleasure to find things to make him smile. Count me in as one who votes to simply put him in the mix. OK, and maybe I'm a bit selfish because I also love candy - I used to own a gourmet chocolate shop, if that tells you anything. A box full of candy would be a wonderful gift, and I KNOW my DH's eyes would light up, too.

SP for Oct - Your package will be shipped on Tuesday. Monday was called due to holiday doin's. Hint #1 - You like a "Scandanavian" candy. Hint #2 - When it pours buckets, it is said to rain "XXXX and XXXX", both of which you own.

That's all for tonight even though it ALWAYS says I am online (not, just too lazy to log off). Whew, I'm exhausted from reading 71 pages of posts. Sadly, I don't get to play on the computer much lately.
    Old 10-09-2011, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
    WOW awesome packages arriving. Please share the lotus flower pin cushion pattern, it is beautiful!!

I vote to throw SwampFox into the mix and let him enjoy the fun like the rest of us. I am glad to hear he is enjoying himself. I just LOVE this board!
    Ditto, I have no problem with him being in the swap!
    Old 10-10-2011, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    My thoughts are to either have volunteers for being his partner, or just throw him into the mix with the rest of us. What do you think? I feel that we would not have any trouble getting vounteers, but do we need to do that or just have him as a regular swapper that is the question. Lori
    I vote for throwing him into the mix with the rest of us..after all, he does send a package whether it is full of candy or whatever...I would love to have him as a partner wether sending to me or me sending to him.
    Old 10-10-2011, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2
    Originally Posted by candi
    Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2
    Well SP I just finished putting your pkg together but won't be able to mail it out till Thursday since I will be traveling to Fla. for a few days. One hint is that we are both dog lovers and your furbaby is beautiful. Will be including a treat for your fur baby as well.....they like surprises too...:-)
    Hi Myrna, are you visiting my neck of the woods? Sure wish I was there. Have fun.
    Hey Candi, I will be in Jacksonville with my aunt for a few days visiting a cousin and her family. Watching the weather channel and hoping we miss all that rain they are calling for.
    I do hope you miss the rain...but I hope it doesn't miss Jacksonville, lol. We had a dry summer, neighbor said since we left the pond is almost back to full :-D

Have a great time! Do you need a list of the LQS there? We have tons of great ones :mrgreen: Yes I am evil :XD:
    Old 10-10-2011, 01:12 AM

Quilt nut, congrats to the beautiful couple! Love the photos.

Faye and ladybug, I don't remember any hints for FL, as a matter of fact not many going south...but Brenda's packages are going to southern gals who like green and have a dog. Ladybug, you have a cat don't ya? Faye you have a dog, but do you like green and coffee?

Great packages have been received. And Juli, your quilt turned out very pretty.

Lori, I volunteer go be Charles' partner next month to get that box of candy...Deanna, don't steal any of it before it comes to me :lol:
    Old 10-10-2011, 02:49 AM

My thoughts are to either have volunteers for being his partner, or just throw him into the mix with the rest of us. What do you think? I feel that we would not have any trouble getting vounteers, but do we need to do that or just have him as a regular swapper that is the question. Lori
    Throw him into the mix with everyone is my thoughts. I wouldn't mind if he were my partner
    Old 10-10-2011, 04:11 AM

I all ready thought Charles was in the mix. I say put him in! We are PROUD AMERICANS(I realize not all the swappers are from the U.S.), but we are all adults who love to give not just get, so whatever he sends will be awesome! I feel it will be fun to see who the lucky person will be that he gets and who gets him. As others have said, I have alot of family members who are Vets and several who have been in the military and have retired. When our guild sews for the military, pillowcases, quilt blocks etc. I tell my daughter that is one thing we have to do. If you live in my house, you better honor your country and the men who give all.
    Old 10-10-2011, 04:23 AM

I also say put Charles in the mix!! He is on of the guys and gals here. He is family. I would be proud to have him as a pal!!
    Old 10-10-2011, 04:49 AM

My vote is throw him in the mix !!!