Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED >
  • October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

• October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

Old 10-13-2011, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Sheila-in Erie
    Originally Posted by thomp116
    Sheila- in Erie asked me to post this picture of her package, since I am such a whiz at computers and she isn't. That is like such a lie! Anyhow, this is what she received from Gigi07. Nice package! She is thrilled!
    Sorry I haven't learned how to put a picture on here yet but Kris has promised to teach me soon. I just had to show and tell!! Gigi07 sent a wonderful pkg. I loved it! I am new to the board and not sure what to put on the SP form as to what I want to receive but when I heard of Terri Thayer's quilt mysteries I thought go for it if you don't get one this month put it on again. Well... she sent 2 of them. The "firmie" was stuffed full. The "rocking" (Elvis) dish towel was for my birthday. A wall hanging for me to make (hopefully- I am new at quilting too. Xmas charm squares that are beautiful can't wait to use them. I think the other goodies show in the picture. Oh yea my dog "Lady" (dashund) got a bag of treats also. It was like Christmas early. Thanks again Gina!

Shiela... glad your package arrived safely and I really enjoyed shopping and filling your box! You are very welcome... Hugs for Lady!
    Old 10-13-2011, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
    Here are pix of the fabulous package from Maureen, aka Moedeenie.

SHE SENT ME BUGS ON A STICK!!!! EEEEEEKKKKK!!!!

But also pop corn on the cob, which I can't wait to make, but it looks dangerous so I'll let hubby make it. :mrgreen: Delish Bavarian dark chocolate covered pretzels - which I will share with him when he gets home in 2 minutes if there are any left, two fabulous pin cushions, instructions so I can make my own, a postcard with info about her daughter's enterprise, quilting stickies and the sweetest note.

Thank you thank you thank you :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Oh my -- bugs on a stick...too perfect.

I haven't been on the list for a while except to post pictures of my lovely package. I am almost done reading the 70 pages to catch up. What great stuff everyone is getting.

I have to apologize to my SP...every day this week I thought I'd get to the post office and never got out of work in time. I have a temporary job assignment that is 70 miles from home and involes driving in stinky city traffic. Promise, promise, promise it will go tomorrow...last day isn't late. :-) Good news is I keep adding something to the package each day I delay. Package is headed east and north of me. Like James Taylor's song...going to Carolina....which one...not telling.
    Old 10-13-2011, 07:05 PM

Mailed my pkg today and it is heading east of me.
    Old 10-13-2011, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by koko
    Wish I had an embroidery machine =(
    My husband got it for me last Christmas. Here is how this came about. He has never been good with remembering Mother's Day. And then after I become very unhappy, he forgets my birthday two weeks later. Well two years ago he (AND my son) really outdid themselves. That Christmas I got a pair of 99 cent stretchy child's gloves. Yep. That's right. Needless to say, I was exceptionally hurt. We went to my sister's house for Christmas dinner. It is also her birthday. I wore those tiny child sized gloves all day. They came up halfway up my hands and the "crotch" of the fingers came up to my knuckle.

So ... after that not too happy Christmas, he started saving up his pennies. End result - embroidery machine. I never got anything that nice from him before, and probably never will again. This year for my birthday I bought myself a thread collection. I am making very good use of it.

And that's the end of that semi-horrible story. Love him anyway. He puts up with me and that is saying a lot.
    The first year we were married (30 years ago) my DH bought me a industrial sized, gasoline powered weed eater for Christmas. My birthday is in December and he thought since he bought me girly stuff for my birthday he could get me something "we" needed for Christmas. My mother called him a rat on the spot. Hasn't made that mistake again.
    Old 10-13-2011, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by mtquilter09
    I am so spoiled this month--I am going to quilt retreat tomorrow for the weekend, come home Sunday late afternoon and get to go to another one the following weekend both are close to home so no great expense, the last weekend of the month will be in Butte, Mt for my DH back surgery and yes my machine is going with me--Oh I forgot I got a new machine last week--An Esante by Babylock and I love it and several of the gals that will be at retreat also have this same machine so I will get all my questions answered win win for me. If anyone has any advise for me I'll take it.
    AWESOME!!!!! THANKS
    Sounds wonderful! When you get back PM me and I'll share all the free embroidery designs I've found!
    Old 10-13-2011, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by hoppa
    Mailed my pkg today and it is heading east of me.
    Directly East? Or Northeast? just a bit perhaps?? :mrgreen:
    Old 10-13-2011, 07:31 PM

Ok another clue is do--this state has a tail on it. Quilt retreat starts 9am and I'm wide awake don't think I'll get much sleep tonight.
    Old 10-13-2011, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by barefoot quilter
    ok i tryed to post pics of what reeskylr sent so i am going to try again here go's i wanted to tell reeskylr that me and my DD and DGS love's everything she sent my DD grabed the cute Halloween Socks and my DGS wanted the little pumkins, my box was so stuffed i thought i would just show you of what i got from reeskylr.

thanks so much
    love everything
    lol, she stole the socks?! That is too funny, glad you guys liked it. :)
    Old 10-13-2011, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by dabbler312
    You are so right - monkey's don't come cheap - I hear almost weekly that we have a couple baboons working for us and they just can't seem to get their job done right.

Originally Posted by thomp116
    The spending limit would have to be raised A LOT! As a loan processor, I once did an application for a loan for a monkey. It was a helper monkey for a person confined to a wheelchair. Monkeys don't come cheap!

Originally Posted by Airwick156
    Make a sock monkey or a yoyo monkey. LOLOLOL
    NO! I want a real one, but I guess I'll have to wait until the spending limit is raised...
    They are CHEAP! Look! ONLY $18.95. Domestic, too. Sorry Tussymussy. No monkey for you.
    Yah, that one is named Caesar jr...
    :mrgreen:
    Old 10-13-2011, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jan Rutherford
    HUM...It must be that the magority of men, DO NOT like shopping, DO not know how or where to go find the tons of stuff women like! I got lucky and my hubby of 30 yrs. just asks for a list, and sits at the computer at work, ( He,s self employed so no harm there). and WELLA... things appear Christmas eve. Thank goodness for modern technology for men to shop or anyone who hates the chore. MAGIC!
    Ill have to tell you all a story that happened maybe 10 years ago.
    My dad is my step dad and has been my dad since I was 5 years old.
    Anyways I was at Walmart one evening doing some Christmas shopping and I was over near the lingerie department and I saw my dad. So I push my cart over to him to give him a hug and talk to him for a few minutes. His attention wasn't in the conversation what he was doing was "looking" around at all the lingerie looking for something specific.
    Then after about 10 minutes of him "scanning" he says to me....DeeDee...over there on that rack 3 racks in there is a blue nightgown....go see what size it is....so I do...came back and told him 3xxx. He says...go grab it and put it in your cart and here is $20 pay for it for me. Okay.....then we went walking around and he says....what size underwear does your mom wear? HECK I don't know BIG is all I said... So he says....over there on that side is some pajamas...if you think they will fit her grab them for me. So I walk over there hold them up so he could see them...and he says 'YEP THEIR BIG ENOUGH' LOLOL So I put them in my cart. Well I am done shopping and so is he so we go to the registers. Hes not about to get in the same line as I am in...cuz I have LINGERIE in my cart, so he goes to the register next to the one I am at (you know how they are doubled together) and when the lady went to scan the price of the stuff for my dad, the lady looked at me and says...I think these may be too big for you...WELL NO DOUBT!!! So I say...oh they arent for me...thats my dad right there and hes getting these for my mom but doesn't want to be caught paying for them. LOL We all laughed and my dad says DEANNA LYNNE You werent suppose to tell that lady they were mine. LOL You just had to be there lolol