• October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

• October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

Old 10-14-2011, 02:46 PM
    Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by 3NorwichTerr
    Originally Posted by Krystyna
    Originally Posted by koko
    Wish I had an embroidery machine =(
    My husband got it for me last Christmas. Here is how this came about. He has never been good with remembering Mother's Day. And then after I become very unhappy, he forgets my birthday two weeks later. Well two years ago he (AND my son) really outdid themselves. That Christmas I got a pair of 99 cent stretchy child's gloves. Yep. That's right. Needless to say, I was exceptionally hurt. We went to my sister's house for Christmas dinner. It is also her birthday. I wore those tiny child sized gloves all day. They came up halfway up my hands and the "crotch" of the fingers came up to my knuckle.

So ... after that not too happy Christmas, he started saving up his pennies. End result - embroidery machine. I never got anything that nice from him before, and probably never will again. This year for my birthday I bought myself a thread collection. I am making very good use of it.

And that's the end of that semi-horrible story. Love him anyway. He puts up with me and that is saying a lot.
    The first year we were married (30 years ago) my DH bought me a industrial sized, gasoline powered weed eater for Christmas. My birthday is in December and he thought since he bought me girly stuff for my birthday he could get me something "we" needed for Christmas. My mother called him a rat on the spot. Hasn't made that mistake again.
    Does anyone remember the show Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman? Garth Gimble gave Louise Lasser or another character a mop and pail for Christmas. Later he ended up dead in the closet, impaled on an artificial Christmas tree. That year my boyfriend gave me a crock pot. The next year he wasn't my boyfriend any more.
    Old 10-14-2011, 02:51 PM
    Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Airwick156
    Just wanted to say I received my secret pal package today from Quiltnut4ever.
    I really want to say Thank you so very much. You did great. I am very happy.
    I received 3 quilting magazines, black and white fat quarters, some brown fabrics, a seam ripper, a package of flower pins and a package of butterfly pins those are so cute, A little pumpkin in autumn colors, a set of Pumpkin Salt and Pepper Shakers, A yoyo template, and a spool of white thread, and a little note card with a nice little message on it. I hope that I didn't forget anything OH YES I HAVE there was a box of good and plenty candy and as soon as the box was open, my friends little 2 yr old and 5 yr old compenskated (sp) them from me...and I couldn't tell them little faces no. :) Thank you so very much. My husband picked it up at the post office while I sat in the car and as he was coming out of the post office, he was shaking it just a little bit. He gets in the car and I said "why are you shaking the box?" and he says...."Because it rattles".!!
    I said...oh maybe she sent me a rattlesnake....he handed me the box FAST. And it was only the good and plenty rattling. LOL Thank you again so very much Quiltnut4ever
    Lovely package!
    Old 10-14-2011, 02:52 PM
    Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S
    Received my pkg to from ddlbug~Karyn. She sent 5 pc of fabric. All of the items are setting on top of one of the pieces. I will use that one for Marty's block, since it has hummingbirds and flowers. I got a mugrug which I can't wait to use. A mutt mitt, not sure if this is for me or the dogs. A pattern called Cabin Creek, coupon organizer, hem gauge, embroidery thread, thimble, and sm sewing kit. Thanks Karyn for all the great items.
    Lovely goodies!
    Old 10-14-2011, 03:00 PM

I remember Mary Hartman , Mary Hartman . That was one twisted little show. :thumbup:
    Old 10-14-2011, 03:07 PM
    Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by kimscruzer
    I remember Mary Hartman , Mary Hartman . That was one twisted little show. :thumbup:
    After I moved to suburbia and had a baby, I remember having my own Mary Hartman moment that nearly sent me screaming into the street. It had to do with being engaged in a conversation with my next door neighbor, a father of two, about the benefits of various types of floor wax. At that moment I knew I had reached a tipping point. Life would never be the same.
    Old 10-14-2011, 03:14 PM

I love that mug rug. I don't own any, so I am going to make me some.

Received my pkg to from ddlbug~Karyn. She sent 5 pc of fabric. All of the items are setting on top of one of the pieces. I will use that one for Marty's block, since it has hummingbirds and flowers. I got a mugrug which I can't wait to use. A mutt mitt, not sure if this is for me or the dogs. A pattern called Cabin Creek, coupon organizer, hem gauge, embroidery thread, thimble, and sm sewing kit. Thanks Karyn for all the great items.
    Old 10-14-2011, 03:16 PM

Those salt and pepper shakers are cute. Nice fabric colors too. I love the colors in them.

Just wanted to say I received my secret pal package today from Quiltnut4ever.
    I really want to say Thank you so very much. You did great. I am very happy.
    I received 3 quilting magazines, black and white fat quarters, some brown fabrics, a seam ripper, a package of flower pins and a package of butterfly pins those are so cute, A little pumpkin in autumn colors, a set of Pumpkin Salt and Pepper Shakers, A yoyo template, and a spool of white thread, and a little note card with a nice little message on it. I hope that I didn't forget anything OH YES I HAVE there was a box of good and plenty candy and as soon as the box was open, my friends little 2 yr old and 5 yr old compenskated (sp) them from me...and I couldn't tell them little faces no. :) Thank you so very much. My husband picked it up at the post office while I sat in the car and as he was coming out of the post office, he was shaking it just a little bit. He gets in the car and I said "why are you shaking the box?" and he says...."Because it rattles".!!
    I said...oh maybe she sent me a rattlesnake....he handed me the box FAST. And it was only the good and plenty rattling. LOL Thank you again so very much Quiltnut4ever
    Old 10-14-2011, 03:17 PM

I love those fabrics too. Really pretty!

Old 10-14-2011, 03:33 PM

My swap friend may frequent Loretta's Sewing Room .
    Old 10-14-2011, 03:34 PM

Yeah, living so close to Portland, Oregon, I have discovered isn't always a good thing...when I was going through my "blonde stage" in the late 90's....there was this guy one day....who walked by me...then he quickly back and was standing there staring at me, then he walked away, then quickly back and stood there staring at me, and then he did this again a few more times. I was like: What the he** is this guy's problem? Then he started walking up to me.I was like: Oh Lord! He goes: I was just trying to figure out are you Tonya Harding?

NO!!!!!

Then not long after that I had to go have blood drawn and was at the hospital just waiting my turn and a guy walks and looks back: hey has anyone ever told you that you look just like Tonya Harding.

At my CNA job, I never lived that down, because my first name rhymes with her ex-husbands's last name, I was always being paged to the Nurse's station by my name and her ex- husband's last name.

THE BLONDE HAIR IS GONE! LOL!!

Originally Posted by Jan Rutherford
    HUM...It must be that the magority of men, DO NOT like shopping, DO not know how or where to go find the tons of stuff women like! I got lucky and my hubby of 30 yrs. just asks for a list, and sits at the computer at work, ( He,s self employed so no harm there). and WELLA... things appear Christmas eve. Thank goodness for modern technology for men to shop or anyone who hates the chore. MAGIC!
    Ill have to tell you all a story that happened maybe 10 years ago.
    My dad is my step dad and has been my dad since I was 5 years old.
    Anyways I was at Walmart one evening doing some Christmas shopping and I was over near the lingerie department and I saw my dad. So I push my cart over to him to give him a hug and talk to him for a few minutes. His attention wasn't in the conversation what he was doing was "looking" around at all the lingerie looking for something specific.
    Then after about 10 minutes of him "scanning" he says to me....DeeDee...over there on that rack 3 racks in there is a blue nightgown....go see what size it is....so I do...came back and told him 3xxx. He says...go grab it and put it in your cart and here is $20 pay for it for me. Okay.....then we went walking around and he says....what size underwear does your mom wear? HECK I don't know BIG is all I said... So he says....over there on that side is some pajamas...if you think they will fit her grab them for me. So I walk over there hold them up so he could see them...and he says 'YEP THEIR BIG ENOUGH' LOLOL So I put them in my cart. Well I am done shopping and so is he so we go to the registers. Hes not about to get in the same line as I am in...cuz I have LINGERIE in my cart, so he goes to the register next to the one I am at (you know how they are doubled together) and when the lady went to scan the price of the stuff for my dad, the lady looked at me and says...I think these may be too big for you...WELL NO DOUBT!!! So I say...oh they arent for me...thats my dad right there and hes getting these for my mom but doesn't want to be caught paying for them. LOL We all laughed and my dad says DEANNA LYNNE You werent suppose to tell that lady they were mine. LOL You just had to be there lolol