Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED >
  • October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

• October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

Old 10-15-2011, 12:13 PM

It came! And it is amazing - thank you so much for the great stuff! Opening it was tons of fun, on a dreary, drizzly day. I will post pics tomorrow so you can all see what a great package Crafty Darlene put together. Thank you from the Big Apple - OK, a bit up the Hudson but I'm Big Apple at my core...groan, sorry, couldn't help it...

Originally Posted by Crafty Darlene
    Okay you "Big Apple" girls your pkg is out for delivery! Hope you receive it today! Break time is over... back to my quilting. These are the times I wish I had a long arm and knew how to use it! LOL! Hope to be finished today so I can show ya'll!
    Old 10-15-2011, 12:33 PM

I had the same trouble last month - my package shipped priority to the same zip code - spent a lovely journey around the eastern seaboard going from one sort facilty to the next before heading west. I had to pm my sp to make sure she received the package.

Originally Posted by SharonAnne
    Label Number: 9405 5036 9930 0246 4309 74
    Service Type: Priority Mail Delivery Confirmation

Delivered COLUMBIA FALLS MT 59912 10/14/11 1:13pm
    Processed through Sort BILLINGS MT 59101 10/13/11 6:49pm
    Facility
    Processed through Sort SAN JOSE CA 95101 10/11/11 8:44pm
    Facility
    Acceptance SARATOGA CA 95070 10/11/11 4:55pm
    Electronic Shipping 10/11/11

Well, if this isn't a big hint, nothing is. Hope my SP liked it. No word from her yet about receiving it. Guess she is having fun at the retreat for now.

It sure seems to have taken its merry time. I can mail across country to my DGKs faster than it took from CA to MT. Priority, indeed.
    Old 10-15-2011, 12:37 PM

Not sure I'll think of pumpkin pie in quite the same way again - LOL - thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    Had to share this one with everyone!
    Old 10-15-2011, 12:43 PM

I just received the most wonderful package from my SP Vicki W from Georgia!! There is a 2007 quilt magazine, a couple of years before I started quilting so it's new to me! Two fat quarters and a half yard of beautiful yellow fabric, a pet accessory kit for Mollie (my lab) so I'll have to put that together and post photos. A package of needles, a book, a beautiful mug rug made by my SP, her first, and I also made my first and sent one to my SP. Also, an assortment of teabags (love my tea). Best of all, an assortment of vintage feedsack scraps from her personal stash!!!!!!!!! Thank you Vicki W, I absolutely love my gifts!!! I'm thinking I'll make a dresden plate with the feedsack material and frame it!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-271799.jpe   attachment-271803.jpe  
    Old 10-15-2011, 01:09 PM

:mrgreen:

Ok, so this month, whether Lori did it on purpose or by chance, Barefoot Quilter and I each had the others name for SP. I got my box today from her and I'm still giggling a bit.

I am truly amazed at the generosity of quilters and especially our SP's. It makes a heart warm to know that there are people out there who will continue to make this world a bit better just be living in it.

Anyway, here goes ;)

I got some remnants, which I love those things! I'm always raiding JoAnn's and Walmart's remnants when I can. I also got a roll of FQ's, three white FQ's, heat bond for small and large projects, stitch and sew, a cutie scarecrow figurine, some hand sanitizer, jergen's hand cream, a set for the kitchen with a potholder, towel and oven mitt (I can always use those!!). Last but not least, I got candy. Yah. Chocolate AND Red Vines. :mrgreen:
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-271829.jpe   attachment-271830.jpe   attachment-271831.jpe  
    Old 10-15-2011, 01:40 PM

So excited to see what my Sp KoKo sent me. There are so many things. I hope I don't forget anything. Here goes:

Nice handwritten card, Fall/Autumn/Thanksgiving panel, 3 fabric pieces that would be great for baby quilt, Halloween fabric that is so cute, two handmade potholders, magnifying glass, mini memo pad and pen, I spy quilt book, counted cross stitch kit, 4, yes, 4 patterns, large storage bags she uses to put projects in, treats for my furbabies and m&m's that were supposed to be mine, but my DH found them. LOL She thought of everyone. The I spy book is for ideas for my first grandson being born in Dec. I absolutely love everything. Thanks so much for all the loot.

see how the treats and m&m's are already opened?
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]271905[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-271851.jpe   attachment-271852.jpe   attachment-271853.jpe  
    Old 10-15-2011, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by sustraley
    So excited to see what my Sp KoKo sent me. There are so many things. I hope I don't forget anything. Here goes:

Nice handwritten card, Fall/Autumn/Thanksgiving panel, 3 fabric pieces that would be great for baby quilt, Halloween fabric that is so cute, two handmade potholders, magnifying glass, mini memo pad and pen, I spy quilt book, counted cross stitch kit, 4, yes, 4 patterns, large storage bags she uses to put projects in, treats for my furbabies and m&m's that were supposed to be mine, but my DH found them. LOL She thought of everyone. The I spy book is for ideas for my first grandson being born in Dec. I absolutely love everything. Thanks so much for all the loot.
    Darling panel and the whole box is really nice....
    Old 10-15-2011, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by reeskylr
    :mrgreen:

Ok, so this month, whether Lori did it on purpose or by chance, Barefoot Quilter and I each had the others name for SP. I got my box today from her and I'm still giggling a bit.

I am truly amazed at the generosity of quilters and especially our SP's. It makes a heart warm to know that there are people out there who will continue to make this world a bit better just be living in it.

Anyway, here goes ;)

I got some remnants, which I love those things! I'm always raiding JoAnn's and Walmart's remnants when I can. I also got a roll of FQ's, three white FQ's, heat bond for small and large projects, stitch and sew, a cutie scarecrow figurine, some hand sanitizer, jergen's hand cream, a set for the kitchen with a potholder, towel and oven mitt (I can always use those!!). Last but not least, I got candy. Yah. Chocolate AND Red Vines. :mrgreen:
    Looks like you got some pretty fabric there.
    Old 10-15-2011, 03:00 PM

I got my package to from DeeDee (adeliahartzog) my camera is at Marty's I came home for the weekend and left it sitting on the table. So I will post pictures of all the wonderful stuff I got. She sent an amazing package I loved everything! Handmade pin cushion,thimble, a snowman ornament a very pretty cardinal, christmas notepad, ladybug butttons and other colorful ones too. 2 very pretty angels for my collection and some very very pretty FQs. promise to get picture soon.
    Old 10-15-2011, 03:06 PM

Yahoo, I received my October Secret Pal Swap box from Rusty's Mama today!!!! Enclosed were some very pretty orange fat quarters, and get this.....homemade crochet dish rag and matching coasters. Yes, I scored on the homemade issue...finally someone loves me!!! A few other things that are "oh so special" and I can be munching away on a huge bag of orange slices. Yum!!! See what I got!!!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-271897.jpe