Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED >
  • October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

• October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

Old 10-19-2011, 05:11 PM
    Power Poster

Unbelivable!!!! Here we are after all these swaps and still having this problem of PMing the host.I wouldn't blame Lori for quitting like the others did. I sure hope she doesn't.This shouldn't be such a stressful job for Lori and she shouldn't have to get so Pi..ed off about it.I know I get soo mad reading this same mess every month. Please DON'T sign up if your not going to mail on time or PM Lori when you send AND RECIEVE YOUR PACKAGE.I'm sorry you have to go through this Lori. You do such a wonderful job even with this mess.Bless your little ole pea pickin heart. Hugs Mary
    Old 10-19-2011, 05:57 PM
    Power Poster

I got my sp squishy today!!!!! Nancy, thank you so much....can.t wait to get into all of it.....oh, and I absolutely love Patrick Losd!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-274006.jpe  
    Old 10-19-2011, 05:58 PM

Bless your little ole pea pickin heart. (quote)

Lori....are you a little ole pea picker? :)
    Old 10-19-2011, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by fayzer
    Lori, just give the people who don't co-operate the axe. I'm not talking about those who have worked things out with Lori. Those are the rules after all. Need an Angel? Just let me know.

Lori. I agree with fayzer, everybody needs to follow the rules...Thanks Lori for what you are doing, Please continue!!!!
    Old 10-19-2011, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by candi
    Lori,
    I for one would like to thank you for all you do, and apologize on behalf of all the offenders. I realize how hard it is to keep track of a swap this big, and it sure doesn't help when participants are not cooperating. I say as a hostess, you have the right to just not allow whoever you feel is, umm, uncooperative, from participating in future swaps. Especially those who read your PMs and not respond. Hugs to you and do let me know if I can do anything to help you.
    I'm going to have to agree wholeheartedly with Candi. If you are going to be in a swap and sign up for a swap, then you need to follow the rules. I also feel that those in the swap who don't even post are losing a lot of the fun that goes into it. That is not participating in a swap.

I'm glad you are doing this for us Lori and I can imagine how frustrating it is. When it isn't fun any longer, then it gets to be a chore. Cut the swap down to what you can handle and for those that you know that do participate fully and follow your rules. If that is how it has to be, then that is how it has to be. If someone else wants to run another one, that is their choice.
    Old 10-19-2011, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by reeskylr
    Originally Posted by candi
    Lori,
    I for one would like to thank you for all you do, and apologize on behalf of all the offenders. I realize how hard it is to keep track of a swap this big, and it sure doesn't help when participants are not cooperating. I say as a hostess, you have the right to just not allow whoever you feel is, umm, uncooperative, from participating in future swaps. Especially those who read your PMs and not respond. Hugs to you and do let me know if I can do anything to help you.
    I'm going to have to agree wholeheartedly with Candi. If you are going to be in a swap and sign up for a swap, then you need to follow the rules. I also feel that those in the swap who don't even post are losing a lot of the fun that goes into it. That is not participating in a swap.

I'm glad you are doing this for us Lori and I can imagine how frustrating it is. When it isn't fun any longer, then it gets to be a chore. Cut the swap down to what you can handle and for those that you know that do participate fully and follow your rules. If that is how it has to be, then that is how it has to be. If someone else wants to run another one, that is their choice.
    I think some of the newbies don't even know about how to find these posts. I know I didn't when I first started. I think there were about 90 pages accumulated when I finally found out where to go. It too me days of looking to find out where to go. Also, I know a participant that does follow the rules but "might" do one post per swap due to a very hard job and sickness in the family. She does not have time to follow the posts here at the moment. She does love the swap and will participate more as she can.
    Old 10-19-2011, 06:47 PM

mtquilter09 Connie:
    Thank you for a wonderful box. The 3 panels are gorgeous. The red and purple fat quarters are great and so is the floral fabric. The handmade pumpkin is precious and sure comes in handy for this season. I also received the slipppers, a basket, a candle, a magazine, big chocolate bar, storage container, note cards and pocket calendar.
    What a delight!!!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-274022.jpe   attachment-274023.jpe  
    Old 10-19-2011, 07:00 PM

first of all lori, thanks so much for all you do for this swap, it is not an easy job and we are so glad you do it, and you do it well...
    second: it is in the rules that a swapper will not be able to participate next month if they do not follow the rules!! so lori....do not let them participate next month (i bet you hear from them pronto when they get THAT pm!!)...

third, to all swappers who do not follow the rules: i get my name, and i do whatever is necessary to get my package ready on time, in the mail on time and pm lori on time..i know a majority of people in this swap do the same thing..it is not fair to US that you are messing with our swap.....so i am encouraging lori to ban you from next months swap.....we need her to lead this swap, and you are not going to ruin it for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS LORI!!! YOU ARE THE BEST!!
    Old 10-19-2011, 07:10 PM

See Lori, many of us would support whichever decision you make, well, except quitting, lol. And I realize things happen to prevent people from mailing on time, but communication is the key...and as Lori and others say, it has to be a valid reason, not just because. Imagine if everyone just decided to ignore the deadline and mail whenever? What a chaos that would be. Surely we can't expect Lori to mange such a thing, it is not her paid job.

On a fun note, wow, what great packages have been received!! Walk n roll, that sunflower tea towel is awesome. And Ann, that floral panel is just gorgeous!

Myrna, what is that tea you sent Wanda Lou? Never met a tea I didn't like, lol, but always looking for a new addition.
    Old 10-19-2011, 07:14 PM

Ooops I just found something else from my sp in my package that I missed some how. It is some fall ribbon.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-274027.jpe