• October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED >
  • October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

• October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

Old 10-19-2011, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by wanda lou
    I received the most wonderful package from Cajunquilter2
    Myrna.
    Thank you so much I love the fabric.
    And thanks for sharing your favorite brand of tea I am going to try it tonight.
    Oh and a big thanks for the thread as you know I am a thread a holic and that was a great package.
    Gun Loves his treats.

Thanks so much and I hope you feel better.
    Love the skull fabric
    Old 10-19-2011, 07:19 PM

Nice packages again today.......seeing some really neat stuff.
    Old 10-19-2011, 07:29 PM

Some wonderful packages coming in!

I got mine today from Shawnemily!
    It was stuffed full with all sorts of things.... Pretty Fabric in all the colors I said I liked.Creams and browns oh and one: A brown with teal and a cordinating teal with brown :) , patterns, notions, a note pad, just all sorts of stuff!!

(My computer just updated itself with a new update. I don't do computer lingo, it was some windows thing in any event it is telling me my camera no longer can "speak" to windows photo gallery!! So I can't post a picture till I find a way around that.)

Thank you! Thank you!
    Old 10-19-2011, 07:32 PM

Double post!
    Old 10-19-2011, 07:32 PM

What a week! Computer crashed - washer quit - husband broke garage door....now we have a new computer - a new washer - and the garage door has been fixed. Not really what I was planning on doing this past week.

In the middle of all of that I received a very nice surprise from Ann - Antiquegirl68. Thank you!! 3 beautiful blue fat quarters, a protractor, pattern, hot chocolate mix, bias tape, post it notes, foot pampering kit (can't wait to use this - probably this weekend if things work out) and a book mark. It was very appropriate as the bookmark says: "Some days we just have to laugh at ourselves! The world always looks brighter from behind a smile."

Oh yeah, the DH is now sick with the crud. He is feeling better but he is terrible at being sick.

So Ann, sorry for the delay in thanking you. Your box was a welcome surprise in a very hectic week. And once last note - there were also Goobers candies in the box - DH ate them before I was able to take a pic. His favorite! Thanks Ann from Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-274042.jpe  
    Old 10-19-2011, 07:35 PM

I just dropped in to drool over all the goodies everyone is getting.Barefoot I love those butterflies ,and I love the pumpkin that annt59 recieved, and those sunflowers are awesome.
    Now down to business,I agree with the others,anyone who can not and does not follow the rules should be barred from the swaps for how ever long Lori determines.Yes sometimes life happens and there are valid excuses that is understandable and can be worked around or forgiven.But there is no excuse for being rude and disresectful.Lori takes up HER time to do this for all of us.I;ve only been in the swap for 2 monthes but I have enjoyed it very much.I enjoy the banter and teasing.It is so much fun.Those of you out there who are responsible should be ashamed of yourselves.You know who you are.
    Old 10-19-2011, 08:07 PM

I recieved my package from AnnT59 today in the mail. I am looking my house for my camera at the moment and I will post a picture of everything as soon as I find it.

4 year old Shane got to help me open the package and he absolutely it and enjoyed it.

She sent me some fabric with a coffee bean print on it, a fall print design of leaves, a black and white Christmas snowflake design,some ribbon with a Thankgiving design a Fons&Porter Quilters' Tool necklace, a point turner and presser, a whiter water-soluble marking pencil, Simpilicity 4" Large ring curved blade scissors, quilters pins, Simpilicity quilt in a day pinwheel quilts pattern, Fons&Porter's Love of Quilting magazine, and she also made me a mug rug in Christmas print. Shane loves it! This is the very first mug rug I have recieve and the only one I own. I love it. Thank you so much!

As soon, as I find my camera, I will post a picture.
    Old 10-19-2011, 08:15 PM

You mention that, and it just dawned on me....
    My last two swaps didn't send me any candy!!! Did someone start a rumor that I am on a diet or something???
    Old 10-19-2011, 08:19 PM

I received my pkg from Jenn aka tilted ears yesterday and today she sent me the other part of my pkg that she ordered from a vendor. This was her first swap and she did an awesome job!Got 2 fat quarters, handmade coasters, carrot pin cushion which is so cute,heavenly thread which i have never seen before, and a seam ripper. Today i reveved a half yard of mini calaveras fabric to add to my Day of Dead fabric collection and am thrilled as have been trying to collect DOD fabric to make a quilt for two years and it is hard to find around here. Thank you Jenn!!!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-274064.jpe   attachment-274068.jpe  
    Old 10-19-2011, 08:20 PM

Just my luck - was on a roll finishing a baby quilt and ran out of thread - UGH. Will have to pick up the specific color tomorrow.

Lots of nice packages coming through this month but I feel bad for Lori as she doesn't deserve the insensitivity of some of our swappers who need extra efforts/prodding to get them to do what they originally signed up to do.

Maybe as part of the rules we need to add a "wall of shame" for those who don't send on time without a legitimate excuse.