Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED >
  • October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

• October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

Old 10-21-2011, 10:10 AM

ohhhhhh great idea Krystyna about the scrub brush! A friend of mine bought me a shop vac to use in my sewing room since I was always getting threads wrapped up on the head of my vacuum cleaner. Sadly my shop vac bit the dust (no pun intended) earlier this month. I'll try your hint for now, hopefully Santa will bring me a new shop vac :thumbup:

Originally Posted by Krystyna
    A thread and scrap catcher would be nice, too. My floor is usually covered with thread and lace scraps, although I've started tossing them into a take out dish and when that is over-flowing I have a gallon baggie on a tiny nail and that gets crammed full. My work space is usually too full to have room for anything else.

One thing I LOVE having around is a little scrub brush. I picked one up on sale at ACE Hardware for $1. I give the rug a little rub down so I'm not perpetually jamming the vacuum cleaner with thread wrapped around the brush roller. I think something like that would be a welcome addition to any sewing room!
    Old 10-21-2011, 10:13 AM

Faye - today is Friday :roll:
    (((hugs)))

Originally Posted by fayzer
    I hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday. Just wanted to say that I start my day with a cup of coffee and my friends on the Secret Pal swap. You are all so much fun. Judith, you should join us in November.
    Old 10-21-2011, 10:14 AM

oh Candi!!!!!!!! I'm soooooooo stinkin' jealous!! I think it would be awesome to receive a package from over seas - that is one great package :thumbup:

did you get any sleep??

Originally Posted by candi
    So I really should go to bed, worked all night, got home Super hungry, ate a little, got on the computer for a little while, did some bobbin work on my applique quilt, got on the computer again, ate again, (common theme,lol) and kept thinking I should go to bed...got ready for bed, looked at the time and thought hmm..mail should be here. Already in PJs though, oh hubby just woke up (he worked last night too), ok, he went to check the mail for me..I am almost in bed, he comes and hands me this enevleope.

[IMG]http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...d/a1680926.jpg[/IMG]

Woohoo!!!! All the way from Australia!! I jumped out of bed and started giggling like a mad woman :mrgreen: hubby is watching me with both excitement and concern ,lol. I opened the package and was blown away!!

[IMG]http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...d/57bab93f.jpg[/IMG]

Check out all the goodies, PennyJ123 sent me!!!! Oh the yummy metallic Christmas FQs, the adorable measuring tape( can never find one when I need it), the seam ripper and magnifying glass ( I NEED these), some adhesive bonds, a thimble I have never seen before and yummy dark chocolate that I am eating as I type this (do you think I still have a chance to sleep today
    :mrgreen: ). And oh that yummy card she sent is an actual recipe for DOUBLE chocolate raspberry cupcakes...oh I am so making these :-P

And did I mention the beautiful metallica....I LOVE them.

[IMG]http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...d/1beb1bc7.jpg[/IMG]

But what made me laugh out loud was the bottle cooler she sent...so you all know :XD:

I am:

[IMG]http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...d/0be3ed97.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks Penny for being an AWESOME pal!
    Old 10-21-2011, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by kriscraft99
    (((hugs)))

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday. Just wanted to say that I start my day with a cup of coffee and my friends on the Secret Pal swap. You are all so much fun. Judith, you should join us in November.
    Oh well, everyday is Saturday to me since I retired. LOL I can't keep up with the days......especially since my husband said it was Saturday when he got up.
    Old 10-21-2011, 10:29 AM

i want to post pics of the wonderful sp swap packages that i have received from my pals. i have done all of the proper notifications, just did not have enough time to stop, take & post pics until now.

thanks to shelrox aka donna for the wonderful quilt ruler, five fat quarters, really great RBW thread catcher(luv it!!), hand needles, fabric squares for my postage stamp quilt which i am actually working on between a whole goo-gaggle (is this a word?) of other projects and a card. donna thank you so very much and all of it will be put to good use.

thanks to shamrock aka shirley for two batik fat quarters (that she purchased on her visit to my humble city from a lqs), some great teas, a great sand dollar magnet for my magnet collection, pretty bamboo writing pad, scissors with hand made scissor holder, buttons, kitty fabric scraps (these are going in 2 wip projects) and a card. thank you shirley for everything. i use to collect buttons and have a bunch of them so i stay outta that quilt shop for this very reason. but there was a big grin on my face when i saw your enclosed postcard from that fabric shop.

ladies thank you again for everything!

from shelrox aka donna
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]274966[/ATTACH]

from shamrock aka shirley
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]274967[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-274913.jpe   attachment-274914.jpe  
    Old 10-21-2011, 10:34 AM

faye i thought is was saturday today also when i woke up. i was out celebrating with friends last night the st. louis cardinals being in the world series and watching them lose :-(. when i woke up today it felt like saturday and then i looked at my blackberry and just sighed. it really is friday... oh well. :-)

(((hugs)))

Oh well, everyday is Saturday to me since I retired. LOL I can't keep up with the days......especially since my husband said it was Saturday when he got up.
    Old 10-21-2011, 10:36 AM

Someone in Macon, GA will have a nice visit from the mailman today!!!
    Old 10-21-2011, 10:37 AM
    Swap Hosts

(((hugs)))

Faye, sweetie, looking good! Love the red manicure! :mrgreen:
    Every day is Monday to me since I've started working for myself. Back to the salt mines! :thumbdown:

On the bench and waiting while I work.
    Old 10-21-2011, 10:53 AM

Here is a picture of my SS package from Dee Dee

package from Dee Dee
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]274976[/ATTACH]

different angle
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]274977[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-274923.jpe   attachment-274924.jpe  
    Old 10-21-2011, 11:19 AM

Someone on here posted the YouTube video links to a woman's certain way she does BINDING, can you please post again? My other pc crashed and now I have to start all over on my daughter's old one :thumbdown: Thx!

NEVER MIND, I WENT TO YOUTUBE AND EVERYTHING IS THERE....DUH! THX! :thumbup: