Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED >
  • October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

• October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

Old 10-21-2011, 12:28 PM
    Power Poster

krystyna I love the crest you embroidered.Gee the fabrics are great and just love the home made items.Very crafty ladies and gents.Mary
    Old 10-21-2011, 12:32 PM
    Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Originally Posted by fayzer
    I hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday. Just wanted to say that I start my day with a cup of coffee and my friends on the Secret Pal swap. You are all so much fun. Judith, you should join us in November.
    Faye this picture looks just like me!Like looking in a mirror!!! Except I am 62 have some gray hair,not as pretty,nails aren't done,and I am many pounds heavier. Other than that you couldn't tell us apart! Mary
    Mary, I THOUGHT that was you!
    Old 10-21-2011, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
    Originally Posted by wanda lou
    The Singer is beautiful.
    Thanks, Wanda Lou. I hope someone with a couple of pennies in her pocket thinks so too.
    Krystyna, how many pennies do you want for it???
    Old 10-21-2011, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by arizonagirl
    Originally Posted by TiltedEars
    This was my first time in the swap, but I would be happy to receive anything handmade with a caring heart. Hot pads could be made with nice kitchen-y motifs (I received one with gorgeous pies on it this month) or a seasonal mug rug/coasters. I would never be disappointed that it did not have my "thing" on it.
    Originally Posted by grumpy90650
    i have a quick question for all you swappers....i always think i will make something for my sp, a mug rug, pot holder, something handmade....but then i wait for my name and then it seems i do not have enough time to make something to her (or his) liking...like if they like butterflies, make a butterfly mug rug.....do ya all just make stuff, and then just send it even if they do not put on their paper they like it? if this is the case, i can start to make a few items, and putting in my sp stash box...your advice is welcomed....thanks in advance...gina
    You can't go wrong with pincushions either.
    Flowers butterflies, dragon flies sewing stuff or just a heart, star or something like that... I'm sure whatever you make would warm the heart of a quilter, would so love any hand mades... I took a picture of the mug rug Lori made for me but can't find it in my albums... so will either keep looking or take another...
    Old 10-21-2011, 01:17 PM

I love them, too. While it's nice to try to send something that matches our SP's personal likes, I think it is fine to make something that is generic. Potholders, pincushions, mugrugs can all have simple themes. I picked up a bunch of felt yardage at Joann and with my embroidery machine I made a pile of pin cushions. I've also snagged a great deal on cotton t-shirts and have been making quilty designs on them, too. Wish I knew sizes of my pals, but I figure that even if you're a tiny girl (do we have any of those?) you can still wear a large or xtra large as a sleep shirt or quilting garment!
    Krystna, love your idea of a quilting shirt, I come away from my sewing room and have threads all over the place,,, and xl is a good size for many people... as you say a variety of uses,,,like the pin cushion idea also made 6 of my Lotus Pin cushions for gifts and a swap or two... After the holidays am going to make a bunch with all the left over circles that I have...
    Old 10-21-2011, 02:43 PM
    Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by Ladybug 1938
    Originally Posted by wanda lou
    The Singer is beautiful.
    Thanks, Wanda Lou. I hope someone with a couple of pennies in her pocket thinks so too.
    Krystyna, how many pennies do you want for it???
    Asking $150, but I'll be happy to get $60 which is what I paid for it. I think you're a little far away though. :thumbdown:
    Old 10-21-2011, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by fayzer
    I hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday. Just wanted to say that I start my day with a cup of coffee and my friends on the Secret Pal swap. You are all so much fun. Judith, you should join us in November.
    Hey Faye did Florida move to a new time zone and no one tell us? It's Friday where I am...LOL
    Old 10-21-2011, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by kriscraft99
    oh Candi!!!!!!!! I'm soooooooo stinkin' jealous!! I think it would be awesome to receive a package from over seas - that is one great package :thumbup:

did you get any sleep??

Originally Posted by candi
    So I really should go to bed, worked all night, got home Super hungry, ate a little, got on the computer for a little while, did some bobbin work on my applique quilt, got on the computer again, ate again, (common theme,lol) and kept thinking I should go to bed...got ready for bed, looked at the time and thought hmm..mail should be here. Already in PJs though, oh hubby just woke up (he worked last night too), ok, he went to check the mail for me..I am almost in bed, he comes and hands me this enevleope.

[IMG]http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...d/a1680926.jpg[/IMG]

Woohoo!!!! All the way from Australia!! I jumped out of bed and started giggling like a mad woman :mrgreen: hubby is watching me with both excitement and concern ,lol. I opened the package and was blown away!!

[IMG]http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...d/57bab93f.jpg[/IMG]

Check out all the goodies, PennyJ123 sent me!!!! Oh the yummy metallic Christmas FQs, the adorable measuring tape( can never find one when I need it), the seam ripper and magnifying glass ( I NEED these), some adhesive bonds, a thimble I have never seen before and yummy dark chocolate that I am eating as I type this (do you think I still have a chance to sleep today
    :mrgreen: ). And oh that yummy card she sent is an actual recipe for DOUBLE chocolate raspberry cupcakes...oh I am so making these :-P

And did I mention the beautiful metallica....I LOVE them.

[IMG]http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...d/1beb1bc7.jpg[/IMG]

But what made me laugh out loud was the bottle cooler she sent...so you all know :XD:

I am:

[IMG]http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/...d/0be3ed97.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks Penny for being an AWESOME pal!

Me too, and the bottle cooler is perfect for you.
    Old 10-21-2011, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by thomp116
    Candi...didn't you say you thought your SP was from Australia? Nice package and such fun to get overseas goodies!
    Faye...don't make me crazy! I am supposed to work on Saturday and here I sit!
    Krystyna...nice shirt! What kind of machine do you have, or do you have a commercial one?
    AZ...sounds like you're feeling pretty good...hope so!
    Yes today is better. Was able to keep food in my stomach where it belongs today. I went a little while ago to have some blood test done to see if they can figure out what is going on with me and my Dr also wanted to check my platelets again as they were a little high last time. But over all today is a much better day than I have been having this week.
    Old 10-21-2011, 02:58 PM

New furniture coming tomorrow ... so sad to say ... goodbye vintage Singer Red Eye. Putting it on Craig's list. Say goodbye ladies.
    Oh no. You poor thing. I'm sorry that it is going away.