Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED >
  • October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

• October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

Old 10-03-2011, 02:22 PM

Well I am just about done with my easy going SP! She is going to get a stuffed box! Makes it nicer when the SP doesn't mind vintage stuff too! So this one gets new and old! BIG BOX!!

My second SP is going to be a bit longer, have more stalking I need to do, to see what I can find her in my budgeted amount.

I so loving sending items I do not use or find at garage sales makes it so I can be a more giving person. I feel really bad though, I have these two SP's and one is going to get a lot of stuff and the other not so much :( but I am strick on the spending of only 10.00. Still doesn't help not feeling bad.......
    Old 10-03-2011, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
    Well I am just about done with my easy going SP! She is going to get a stuffed box! Makes it nicer when the SP doesn't mind vintage stuff too! So this one gets new and old! BIG BOX!!

My second SP is going to be a bit longer, have more stalking I need to do, to see what I can find her in my budgeted amount.

I so loving sending items I do not use or find at garage sales makes it so I can be a more giving person. I feel really bad though, I have these two SP's and one is going to get a lot of stuff and the other not so much :( but I am strick on the spending of only 10.00. Still doesn't help not feeling bad.......
    Oh Wendy my friend, there is no reason to feel bad, if your pal said they don't want anything old, then they don't want you to pull from your stash, which means that they are expecting the $10 limit. The limit is there for a reason, and we all know it is there, some can get around it because they have stashes to pull from. I am sure you pal will love what you send them.

BTW, where are these packages going? I know I am not the no old stuff pal, but where is the other stuffed box going??

:mrgreen:
    Old 10-03-2011, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by koko

Ooooh that could be me too - I'm beginning to think I'm picking up Candi's stalking traits
    Old 10-03-2011, 02:53 PM

No need to feel bad- this is supposed to be fun and if you find something special for each SP or something from their list or even something made it will be special...to be honest I'm not sure anyone who receives a package even gives the monetary amount a thought. Remember that it is the thought that counts and that it is fun for both people. So enjoy it and not worry - each person I'm sure will be very happy with your selections.
    Old 10-03-2011, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by candi
    Originally Posted by koko

Ooooh that could be me too - I'm beginning to think I'm picking up Candi's stalking traits
    Another hint.....I just made a mug rug for my SP but didn't use her favorite colors, hope she likes flowers.... and butterflies...
    Old 10-03-2011, 03:13 PM

Lori, Glad Marty is responding well.

My SP will have to sit on the bench as wont get home till the 10th and then can put the package together most likely as have more stuff there unless I just shop here and stay in the budget this month.
    Old 10-03-2011, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by candi
    Originally Posted by SLHughes
    Originally Posted by wanda lou
    Ohh the tea rowel is so cute, good job.
    I want to learn how to applique.
    Applique is so easy ... it is now my new addiction. I cant wait to do my next one ... maybe a Christmas one ... Snowman, Santa, Christmas Tree ...

I know that I will be putting on my information on my next swap .... Applique designs. (Hint Hint ... for whoever has my name this month) :wink:
    Stacey, I love applique too, both fusible and with the templates( by machine). Here is a tip for you, google the coloring pages for whatever shape you are looking for. Whatever applique design I am looking for, I just type in say "snowman coloring pages" and many hits show um, and you can just select your favorite.
    Thanks for the hint Candi. I never thought of that ... Guess what I will be doing tonight???
    Old 10-03-2011, 04:14 PM

Okay, both packages are ready and just about to go mailed out. One is going to the down South and one is going to the midwest!
    Old 10-03-2011, 04:17 PM

A BIG box of OLD stuff! Oh, it has just got to be for me!
    Old 10-03-2011, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna
    SP, could these be for you???
    I love those toe socks. So comfy in the winter, walking around on the cold tile floor.

Also, I have almost got my pal package all ready to go. Said liked brights... what about lime green? Also does charity quilts so going to dig in the stash for some fabric I will never use. So I might have a pretty big pile by the time I am done.

Now off to play with my new toy my dh bought me ( brother lb6800 embroidery machine... yippie!) You should have seen my eyes when I got home from work and it sitting in the middle of the living room. See you guys later...