Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED >
  • October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

• October Secret Pal Swap Closes September 30th CLOSED

Old 10-05-2011, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
    I wanted to show you all some little items I made up tonight for my SP's
    I LOVE your little zippered bags and the vintage spool jar! These are adorable!
    Old 10-05-2011, 03:43 AM

Always lots of shoulders here for you Laquita. Sorry to hear that you will be out of action. Perhaps we should form an old crocks club on here as so many have injuries or health problems. :thumbup: :XD:

Originally Posted by LAQUITA
    Oh I am so bummed. I could not be in any more of the swaps, this year :( whine whine, cry cry

I am having total right foot reconstructive surgery middle of this month and will be NON weight bearing for 3-thats right THREE months!!!! UGH.... I will have to use a wheel chair to get around in b/c i cant use crutches due to shoulder issues. (Hubby says Im falling apart)

Just had to whine.. I hate to miss being a part of the SS Swaps as I had so much fun this year swapping with you gals, but I'll just have to sit and read and see what you all are getting in the mail.

I will be happy for you all!!! :)

Thanks for letting me 'cry' on your shoulders! LOL
    Old 10-05-2011, 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Whew I worked hard on my secret pals package the last couple days.. I made lots of home made items as she seems to really like them and I love making them.She seems to collect a couple of things I have and make.That's all the hints for now. h I hope to get it in the mail tomorrow.Mary
    I love handmade treasures Mary!!! Any hints where your package is heading?
    Old 10-05-2011, 03:49 AM
    Swap Hosts

Originally Posted by koko
    Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    no favorite colors livingroom is neutrals so any colors would be nice and loves hummingbirds and flowers.
    Lori - I know you said 12" but does that mean 12 1/2 or 12"?
    The way you make a quilt as you go block is to make a sandwich. The block should be 12" square, the batting should extend just a tiny bit beyond the square and the backing should be 13" square - or one inch larger than the square itself. When it is put together the backing is sewn at the edge of the square first one way, then the other to join the squares. Then the backing that is now towards the front is turned to create edges, or in our case, frames for the squares. Here's a video showing how to do it if you're using at Batting Buddy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCcfg...eature=related

Just read Lori's post. If she wants it 12 1/2" that's good. Just be sure that your backing is an inch bigger all around.
    Old 10-05-2011, 04:06 AM

I;ve been getting my package together ,still have a couple of things to pick up,but most of it is coming from my stash.I told you;all my sp and I like the same things.We both like to collect things and we are both coffee drinkers.Oh and yes my sp has fur babies.IS that enough hints Candi?BTW I;m watching the mailbox thursday.he-he
    Old 10-05-2011, 04:09 AM

OOOO Candi, I might just be your SP! :D

OK, more hints, both packages are going to the same state, the packages will go a little bit in the southernly direction while traveling east ;)
    Old 10-05-2011, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by Patty Patches
    I;ve been getting my package together ,still have a couple of things to pick up,but most of it is coming from my stash.I told you;all my sp and I like the same things.We both like to collect things and we are both coffee drinkers.Oh and yes my sp has fur babies.IS that enough hints Candi?BTW I;m watching the mailbox thursday.he-he
    HEY this might be me too! oh man, I am sooo happy I have a ton of SPs! Lori must really like me! LOL just kidding...

This is so much fun!!!
    Old 10-05-2011, 04:26 AM

Forgot to say GOOD MORNING to everyone.It;s going to be a beautiful day
    Old 10-05-2011, 04:44 AM

This was your idea I thought you said 12 1/2 is that wrong? It doesn't matter to me I have never done this process before but looks like it is not hard. So whatever size you think Krystyna!
    Originally Posted by Krystyna
    no favorite colors livingroom is neutrals so any colors would be nice and loves hummingbirds and flowers.
    The way you make a quilt as you go block is to make a sandwich. The block should be 12" square, the batting should extend just a tiny bit beyond the square and the backing should be 13" square - or one inch larger than the square itself. When it is put together the backing is sewn at the edge of the square first one way, then the other to join the squares. Then the backing that is now towards the front is turned to create edges, or in our case, frames for the squares. Here's a video showing how to do it if you're using at Batting Buddy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCcfg...eature=related

Just read Lori's post. If she wants it 12 1/2" that's good. Just be sure that your backing is an inch bigger all around.
    Old 10-05-2011, 04:48 AM

Great tutorial !
    Originally Posted by Krystyna