Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Pictures from Row Robin 2011 >
  • Pictures from Row Robin 2011

• Pictures from Row Robin 2011

Old 05-21-2011, 04:28 PM

Yep ...I agree with the suggestion!
    I showed it to my husband [he's a little wacky :roll: ... but fun] because we were trying to figure how you could continue such a great 'finished picture' that looks ready to frame!

We would continue with a harbor scene of sorts too... a touch of faint half-square triangles in the "water" and maybe a lighthouse to the side...

another row could have the statue of liberty... or some boats... or the other side of the "channel" ...

or [this is why I said he's a little wacky] you could continue "under the sea" [the grandkids recently watched the little mermaid and he could be focused on Sebastian!] :lol:[/quote]

Love your ideas. You, your huband and I must be on the same wave length. I had also thought of adding elfs in an underground Santa's workshop.
    Old 05-21-2011, 07:51 PM

Or what about a tribute to Capt Sully for landing the plane so perfectly and saving all those people

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr
    Originally Posted by robertap
    Thanks for the compliments. I was working way above my head on this one. Gus, your grandson is correct, the people are asleep in the buildings. The background is pieced broken dishes pattern; the city and shadow are fused and machine appliqued. I created the design by modifying Debra Gabel, zebrapatterns.com, NYC city stamp pattern.
    My suggestion for next row is a Harbor scene with stature of Liberty and ships decorated for the holidays. This however is not my decision to make.
    I showed it to my husband [he's a little wacky :roll: ... but fun] because we were trying to figure how you could continue such a great 'finished picture' that looks ready to frame!

We would continue with a harbor scene of sorts too... a touch of faint half-square triangles in the "water" and maybe a lighthouse to the side...

another row could have the statue of liberty... or some boats... or the other side of the "channel" ...

or [this is why I said he's a little wacky] you could continue "under the sea" [the grandkids recently watched the little mermaid and he could be focused on Sebastian!] :lol:
    Old 05-21-2011, 10:09 PM

How about the subway? Then below the subway, row after row all the way to middle earth. lol

Originally Posted by robertap

or [this is why I said he's a little wacky] you could continue "under the sea" [the grandkids recently watched the little mermaid and he could be focused on Sebastian!] :lol:
    Love your ideas. You, your huband and I must be on the same wave length. I had also thought of adding elfs in an underground Santa's workshop.[/quote]
    Old 05-22-2011, 03:16 PM

3's a Charm row robin -
    RoseySue's first three rows. I added the top row and it looks a lot paler in the pic but blends nicely with RoseySue's row. I love all the soft rose fabrics. Hope you all like it. Carol

entire quilt so far
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]200787[/ATTACH]

left side
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]200788[/ATTACH]

right side
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]200789[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-200781.jpe   attachment-200782.jpe   attachment-200783.jpe  
    Old 05-22-2011, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by boohoofish
    3's a Charm row robin -
    RoseySue's first three rows. I added the top row and it looks a lot paler in the pic but blends nicely with RoseySue's row. I love all the soft rose fabrics. Hope you all like it. Carol
    Oh Carol, It's so beatiful! The colors Flowers really enhance the rest of my quilt and the flowers are exceptional. I like what you did with the center too! You can make me a quilt anyday.

Quilty Thanks, Thanks, Thanks. Sue
    Old 05-22-2011, 06:01 PM

Carol - that is stunning! RoseySue - your group really kept your pattern and colors going well!

[I'm glad we're off the sleigh over the city ....still thinking about how beautiful it would look over my couch :) ]
    Old 05-23-2011, 06:50 AM

I loved the sleigh over the city - what a clever idea!
    Its exciting to see such a variety of quilts going around. Gives me too many ideas and not enough time. Carol
    Old 05-24-2011, 06:53 PM

l
    Old 05-24-2011, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    I could not step back far enough to get one pic of mine so it will be in two parts. Titled "Star-spangled"
    love that you are watching NCIS - I'm hooked. Just bought all of Season 2 trying to watch them in order and the library was taking tooo looong to get the DVDs in!
    Old 05-26-2011, 12:21 AM

I sure would like to know how you did that.
    I guess what tecnique you used to get Stanta's Slay on there.
    You did a really great job!!!
    Blessings Candi